HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Dec 10, 2023, 11:55 AM

Old Posted Jan 7, 2024, 12:43 PM

Old Posted May 4, 2024, 10:16 AM

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 11:50 PM
Doc Love 3.0

Great to see work seems to be underway again. The central core of Taipei seems to be maturing I think the size and placement of the tower is a good fit for downtown. 101 Taipei is an iconic monument to the ingenuity, resourcefulness, economic prosperity & culture of Taiwan.

I like how the surrounding district of downtown is filling in. 101 Taipei remains a beautiful towering beacon of Taiwan and the Taiwanese identity that had been built & flourished since the introduction of democracy. Without getting too far off track I like the dichotomy of the already tall city center with its crown jewel accented and highlighted by the growing skyline around it.

Taipei is the most underrated city imo and Taiwan is the most underrated country on earth. The nation never ceases to impress with all the pressure it faces from its larger neighbor across the strait its vibrant democracy is one of the great under the radar in ways achievements of the modern era. Taiwanese culture is a gift to the world while Taiwan has many different influences it’s retained traditional Chinese culture throughout Mao’s self destructive cultural revolution. While the culture of the aboriginal peoples has undergone a bit of a resurrection.

Throwing politics aside Taiwan is an awesome place despite its hard history the bear has shone through with its multicultural influences creating a more modern, diverse & authentic place while staying true to itself. I’m excited to see what the final form this project takes if any more changes have been considered.

As I’ve said it’s an interesting modern design & the height & mass fill in a good spot.

Gil Scott Heron - We almost lost Detroit - 1966 Fermi 1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNUqNe0U5g

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan