HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 7:10 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

WTC 4 just looks so massive in that last shot. Makes WTC 1 and WTC 7 look pencil thin in comparison.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 8:53 PM

where are all the perimiter columns for the tower ? I did hear it was being built a diffrent way from 1 wtc, 4 wtc and 2wtc, But im still trying to understand how it will be done, Can anyone give me some info ? thanks.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
New Yorker for life

http://lowermanhattan.info/construct...wer_91861.aspx

Quote:
*The following information was last updated on December 9, 2011.

-Sub-grade steel superstructure work active since April 2011; crane on site

-Erecting forms, rebar, and concrete placement for decks and walls

-Utilities installation

-The tower's lower podium will reach full height in spring 2012

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 12:57 AM
Is That LEGO?

What are the approximate length and width dimensions of the floors above the podium?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 2:18 AM

When it says lower podium does it mean the whole podium?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC GUY View Post
Yes.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 8:56 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.downtownexpress.com/?p=5563

Silverstein Properties Pres, Janno Lieber, goes on the record

December 21, 2011

Quote:
D.E.: According to previous announcements by Silverstein Properties, 4 W.T.C. is scheduled to open in 2013; and 2 and 3 W.T.C. are to be completed by 2015. Are you on schedule with all three towers?

Four W.T.C. will be completed by 2013. Three W.T.C. should be up by 2015; although; we do have one milestone to hit: We need to get a 400,000-square-foot tenant in order to get a financing backstop that makes sure we will complete that building. So, that’s a question mark, and it’s a major priority of Silverstein Properties. Two W.T.C. will be brought to sidewalk level in 2012, but the final completion is uncertain. It’s not getting any government credit backstop; so right now, we need a tenant or a new financing scheme. We’re very hopeful that some big company will want to occupy it, but that could happen in 2016 or later.

Are there any leasing prospects at the moment for 3 W.T.C.?

It wouldn’t be fair to suggest anything is imminent, but we’re very optimistic, as there are real tenants out there who would satisfy the 400,000 square feet pre-leasing agreement.

What about 2 W.T.C.?

There are a few big companies — “mega” tenants, if you will — that are in the marketplace. That’s as much as I’ll say at the moment. If and when a deal is happening, I’m sure you’ll be on to it.

Could a delay in the completion of W.T.C. 3 and 2 disrupt future connectivity at the site?

No. Below-grade connectivity will be maintained, since the underground retail will be open through the concourses. The retail above-grade comes on line as each of the buildings are finished.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 6:26 PM

Considering that as president part of his job is to give off an air of confidence, this is not particularly confidence inspiring.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 6:33 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone7281 View Post
Considering that as president part of his job is to give off an air of confidence, this is not particularly confidence inspiring.
Frankly I rather him be straight forward . . . what do you want him to say? Overall they seem 'optimistic' given the amount of companies that are looking for space . . . that's really all he can say.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Frankly I rather him be straight forward . . . what do you want him to say? Overall they seem 'optimistic' given the amount of companies that are looking for space . . . that's really all he can say.
I agree, I'd much rather him shoot straight than to lie about how things are going. Just saying that it's his job to put a positive spin on things so it's possible that the situation isn't even as rosy as he's portraying it. It'd be much better if the was saying that people were fighting over space and they didn't have enough room (if it was true). Obviously, the market doesn't bear that so it isn't realistic.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 8:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Joel Woolhead, via wtc.com

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC GUY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Yes.
No, when it says lower podium it refers to the lower podium. 4rth and 5th floors contain mechanical equipment for the Transportation Hub and the Vehicle Security Center roadway network, those mechanical floors devide the podium in 2: lower and upper; PA's responsible to build the lower section, everything above is in Silverstein's hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr View Post

What are the approximate length and width dimensions of the floors above the podium?
The footprint of a typical office floor is 200' by 198'.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 2:46 AM

^^^
Okay Thanks.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 3:36 PM
BANNED

I did not realize that they only need to lease 400k sf to start 3 WTC. They'll probably offer a tenant space at a below-market rate like $70/sf to get it started. One law firm could swallow that sPace. Maybe Milbank will.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 4:17 PM

Here's a quick read on Milbank, they're current in JP Morgans building but it looks like Milbank will have to find a new home. The article indicates Milbanks potentially looking at 350,000 sf. If my limited knowledge of law firms serves me right, NY law firms are constantly looking for new space, see 250 W 55th leasing 900,000 sf of its 1M sf to law firms, so I'm surprised no ones jumped here. Even a PE firm could eat up a mere 400,000 sf.

I can't imagine there are more than a two or three vacant spaces of 500,000 sf. Hope to hear some good news soon.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 5:25 PM

Remember earlier this year when Citibank said they needed room and they were considering the World Trade Center? I wonder what happened to that. If I remember correctly they were looking for about 1 million square feet of office space. So something is bound to happen with them.

Here is the link
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...nter-site.html

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 5:47 PM

Yeah Citi would make a lot of sense at the WTC given that they have a handful of different addresses just in Manhattan and could consolidate a bit.

The interview that NYGuy posted, post 2347 in this thread, the guy from Silverstein refers to several "mega tenants" when asked about possible tenants for tower 2, and I'd be willing to bet that Citi would fall into that category.

I'm willing to bet that a tenant is found for this tower before it gets put on hold, I'm not as optimistic for tower 2 though, with the Hudson Yards, unless one of these mega-tenants, like Citi, signs.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 6:17 PM
World Machine

Financials are the ideal tenants, yet are also tricky ones when the industry is going through waves of layoffs . . .

To give you guys some background as to why UBS opted out of the WTC, they were offered a better deal at their current location in Weehawken . . therefore decided to extend their lease there. Their city locations will likely remain as is as well . . . the only possibility of a 'move' is if they decide to consolidate into 299 Park.

Firms like Citi, SocGen, BNYM, BofA ML are all in the same situation and likely have options on the table to stay-put with a discounted rate.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 6:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Yeah Citi would make a lot of sense at the WTC given that they have a handful of different addresses just in Manhattan and could consolidate a bit.

The interview that NYGuy posted, post 2347 in this thread, the guy from Silverstein refers to several "mega tenants" when asked about possible tenants for tower 2, and I'd be willing to bet that Citi would fall into that category.

I'm willing to bet that a tenant is found for this tower before it gets put on hold, I'm not as optimistic for tower 2 though, with the Hudson Yards, unless one of these mega-tenants, like Citi, signs.
ß

I agree. T2 will require a very large lease at around $100/sf to get off the ground and that won't happen for at least 3 years with the "cheap space" being offered by Related.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 6:28 PM
World Machine

^^^^ And don't forget discounted rates for lease extensions . . . again, 'space' may not be ideal however it plays second fiddle to cost savings . . . even if it's temporary.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive