HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 2:10 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
y'know for all the dissatisfaction with pinnacle height and antennae in this forum it is a bit odd for the antennae pinnacle height to be referenced in a height comparison but alas if that is how you see it then it is fine by me, I was just saying the roof height of T3 is taller.

No one is really sure, but there's a belief the building has been shortened 100 feet as seen in the new renderings. So it actually could be a bit smaller than JHC.

There haven't been any official figures yet though as far as I know.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 4:58 PM
don't *meddle*...

http://www.lowermanhattan.info/const...wer_91861.aspx

Quote:
*The following information was last updated on March 16, 2012.

Sub-grade steel superstructure work active since April 2011; crane on site
Erecting forms, rebar, and concrete placement for decks and walls
Utilities installation
The tower's lower podium will reach full seven-story height appx. mid-2012

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 1:28 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

That gives Larry 4 months or so to find a tenant...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 7:19 PM
DENNAB

I think he's giving it 2 years if I'm not mistaken.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
That gives Larry 4 months or so to find a tenant...
I think they are negotiating with a number of tenants at the moment, every time you see an interview with Larry he laughs at the idea of this building being capped at 7 stories.

WTC 2 is a different story I do not think it's rising anytime soon.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 5:00 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
WTC 2 is a different story I do not think it's rising anytime soon.
From what I understand the priority right now is to get Tower 3 rising . . . with that said, once a deal is struck the focus will move next door.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 12:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I think he's giving it 2 years if I'm not mistaken.
He has two years including this one and next to find a tenant. He has to find a tenant by sometime next year. When they say the podium will reach its full height, they don't mean it will be "completed". Silverstein says they will be working on that well into next year. The Freedom Tower will reach its full height soon, but they'll be working to complete it a bit longer as well.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:16 AM

If they'd lower the damn rent, maybe they'd be able to sign some tenants.....

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:29 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyturbo11 View Post
If they'd lower the damn rent, maybe they'd be able to sign some tenants.....
Not a smart idea, because leases will be signed long term, not just for a year or two. Rents will (and always) go up. It's why Durst isn't even putting the top floors of the Freedom Tower on the market now. They're waiting for rents to get back up to where they should be, because otherwise those top floors won't be getting what they are worth in the Manhattan market (which is a lot). But beyond all that, Silverstein also has a minimum amount he must charge in addittion to the minimum amount he must lease before financing assistance kicks in.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not a smart idea, because leases will be signed long term, not just for a year or two. Rents will (and always) go up. It's why Durst isn't even putting the top floors of the Freedom Tower on the market now. They're waiting for rents to get back up to where they should be, because otherwise those top floors won't be getting what they are worth in the Manhattan market (which is a lot). But beyond all that, Silverstein also has a minimum amount he must charge in addittion to the minimum amount he must lease before financing assistance kicks in.
Wait what do you mean durst isn't putting the top floors of 1wtc on the marker? Aren't the top floors mechanical, and i thought Durst only dealt with the antennae?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Boston View Post
Wait what do you mean durst isn't putting the top floors of 1wtc on the marker? Aren't the top floors mechanical, and i thought Durst only dealt with the antennae?
1) Durst leased the lower floors one One World Trade Center. Floors 20-41.

2) We are talking about the floors of 80-90 which are office floors.

3) Nope.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 12:00 PM

What he's saying 1Boston, is that they want $100 a sf because of the views, but that is not do able in this economy.

Anyone want to make some predictions on who the anchor tenant will be?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:02 PM

Anyone want to make some predictions on who the anchor tenant will be?[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll be right with those predictions unless Larry has revealed potential tenants he's talking too, which would be nice. I sure hope he can make this happen soon, would love to see 3 rise. Although Id rather he concentrate on two first. Is their a specific reason that he's picking 3 over 2?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:08 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityenthusiast View Post

I doubt they'll be right with those predictions unless Larry has revealed potential tenants he's talking too, which would be nice. I sure hope he can make this happen soon, would love to see 3 rise. Although Id rather he concentrate on two first. Is their a specific reason that he's picking 3 over 2?

Tower 3 is cheaper to build.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Taken from www.wtc.com

Joel Woolhead (March 12, 2012)

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 4:11 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Anyone want to make some predictions on who the anchor tenant will be?
I'd like to believe it would be a financial . . this is the perfect tower for that kind of tenant.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 6:52 AM

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I'd like to believe it would be a financial . . this is the perfect tower for that kind of tenant.
I'll take two guesses. A rediculously expensive law firm could afford some of those views. But a more likely scenario might be a company that rents lower floors but has their executives up on one of the top floors. Leasing several of those top floors seems unattainable to me but I am but a financial peasant LOL.

Cheers,
G.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
What I don't understand is why Silverstein hasn't found even one tenant for any of his buildings yet. (Other than the Port Authority in Tower 4, but come on!) Is he just asking too much for the space or is there really no one interested in downtown trophy office space?

Maybe the bigger question is why wasn't Tower 2 built before the others? At the rate we're going its never going to be built period. If you can't fill Tower 4, Tower 3 isn't going to be built, and Tower 2 has no chance at all. This going from smaller to larger strategy makes no sense here. Even if he had to take a major loss on Tower 2 it would have been made up in the rising real estate value of the tower once it was complete. That's why tenants have bought into Tower 1, they know the tower will rise rapidly in value being the tallest in the city.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 2:44 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Maybe the bigger question is why wasn't Tower 2 built before the others? At the rate we're going its never going to be built period. If you can't fill Tower 4, Tower 3 isn't going to be built, and Tower 2 has no chance at all. This going from smaller to larger strategy makes no sense here. Even if he had to take a major loss on Tower 2 it would have been made up in the rising real estate value of the tower once it was complete. That's why tenants have bought into Tower 1, they know the tower will rise rapidly in value being the tallest in the city.
For answers to your tower 2 questions, check the tower 2 thread.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TE02/303259985

Wanted: a few huge tenants
Developers hunt for that special someone to get projects going.

By Theresa Agovino
March 25, 2012

Quote:
It's a very exclusive club, with about 12 huge, closely watched, highly coveted corporate members. Each has the power to have a potentially major impact on the city's skyline for years to come.

They are the kingmakers, mega-tenants such as Credit Suisse, L'Oréal and Viacom. Each faces a major lease expiration in the coming years that gives it the power to transform building plans into concrete and glass by agreeing to become a tenant. With the real estate industry keen to shake off its recession-induced slump, such tenants are being vigorously courted by a trio of developers eager to get their proposed towers built.

“We know who everyone else is talking to,” said Jeremiah Larkin, senior vice president of leasing at Brookfield Office Properties. He is seeking tenants for the first two of a total of four towers that Brookfield plans to erect on a site just west of Penn Station. The company has said that it needs to lease 800,000 square feet before it will start putting up a tower. In the meantime, the developer this summer will start building a platform over the rail yards that is necessary for the project to proceed.

Farther west, The Related Cos. faces a similar task on an even grander scale. It is looking to lease 1 million square feet of office space so it can build an even bigger rail-yard platform for what will be the developer's second office building there. Late last year, the company snared Coach as the anchor tenant for its first tower at the Hudson Yards, the only one that doesn't require a platform.

Both developers face major competition from Silverstein Properties, which has the right to build three office towers at the World Trade Center site. Larry Silverstein's edge, even competing brokers concede, is that he has something to show tenants: rising buildings. The developer's first tower stands just eight floors shy of its planned 64-story full height and is slated to be completed next year. But in order to construct the second tower, Silverstein needs to lease at least 400,000 square feet. Without that, the planned 80-story edifice will be capped at just seven stories sometime in 2013.

Time is crucial for the developers if they want to land a tenant whose lease expires in 2015 or 2016, such as L'Oréal, which is seeking about 500,000 square feet, or Viacom, which needs about twice that. To allow enough time for construction, a lease should be signed by the end of this year for a tenant whose current lease runs out in 2015. In Related's case, it needs a company that can afford to wait until 2017.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive