HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 1:18 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen12120 View Post
could be very interesting to see what hotel chains would be interested in expanding here. any thoughts on what hotels are interested? anyone think any 30-40 story hotels are possible?
I don't know about a 30-40 floor 4 star hotel, but it would be safe to say that it wouldn't be any shorter than the Omni at 250' or so feet. The SoBro neighborhood however doesn't have any height restrictions, so with the combination of available land/ no height restrictions it might happen. I think a 400' or a hotel comparable in height with the Renaissance isn't out of the question in the future, I just don't know if a 4 star hotel that height will come around.

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 1:22 AM

Major tenant was just announced for the Medical Mart. This one may have a shot of being built after all. The Medical Mart would be huge for Lower Broadway and the Nashville metro as a whole. If the Medical Mart comes to fruition, then perhaps House of Blues will opt for the thermal site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...onvention.html

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Major tenant was just announced for the Medical Mart. This one may have a shot of being built after all. The Medical Mart would be huge for Lower Broadway and the Nashville metro as a whole. If the Medical Mart comes to fruition, then perhaps House of Blues will opt for the thermal site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...onvention.html
With this coming out today and probably another on the way, I'm 65% sure this'll turn dirt. If this project does turn, it'll be huge and likely spur even more development. It'd practically pick up where the MCC will end and carry it onwards.

Also, with various sources on other websites talking about the large number of companies and hotel developers wanting into the market, I'd expect more announcements before long. You'll likely see a lull as the MCC opens and if numbers are positive and show demand for more then we'll see it come.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 9:34 PM

Gaylord to sell hotel brand to Marriott for $210M

Pretty bummed about this... however you never know, it may help out in a way...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Gaylord Entertainment says it has agreed to sell its hotel brand and the rights to manage its four hotels to Marriott for $210 million in cash....(Rest of Article here)-http://www.wsmv.com/story/18664748/gaylord-to-sell-hotel-brand-to-marriott-for-210m

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:09 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Construction set for new public health center after Metro-HCA land swap
Article from The City Paper

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...-hca-land-swap

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 12:50 AM

For Nashville, is bus rapid transit ideal or idealistic?
The Tennessean

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...text|FRONTPAGE

Here's a link to a video posted by the MTA showing a conceptual visualization of what an East West Connector could look like-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5SAjNu2uY

Here are some photos I got from the Tennessean showing Vanderbilt's progress on improving the major athletic facilities there, which includes new video boards in Memorial Gymnasium, a new jumbotron, and artificial turf at Dudley Field, but the major project is the construction of a new indoor football facility and recreation center as well as the expansion of the multipurpose facility.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 3:04 PM

Titans Installing New Cowboy Stadium Sized Video Boards

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...s-Video-Boards

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 10:41 PM

Excavation and core drilling equipment are now on site of the 13 floor Hyatt Place on 3rd Avenue South in SoBro.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 11:12 PM

I lol @ the Vandy b.s. UT will always be first in Nashville and that will never change. Go to hell Vanderbilt.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim24tn View Post
I lol @ the Vandy b.s. UT will always be first in Nashville and that will never change. Go to hell Vanderbilt.
Off topic, but If UT keeps winning 5 games each fall, that might change.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Off topic, but If UT keeps winning 5 games each fall, that might change.
UT won't put up with another season of Dooley if he don't get at least 9 wins this year. We're down, but not out.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 5:31 PM

Vandy had UT beat last year. Basically, Baby Rodgers lost the game all by himself.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 7:25 PM

Im calling it right now! Vandy is winning SEC championship and maybe even a national championship! Jordan Rodgers wins Heisman! Zac Stacy has a better year than last year! They have so much potential with James Franklin at Head Coach!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 8:46 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Excavation and core drilling equipment are now on site of the 13 floor Hyatt Place on 3rd Avenue South in SoBro.
Any chance someone can go grab some photos for us out of town folks? Bust the block and grab some of the Omni and MCC too. Thanks in advance.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 10:14 PM

Over on SSC Insighter attests that no developer he knows is starting anything until after the election or is waiting to see if there is a downturn.

On UP there is a thread entitled: "Are [Nashville] developers too timid ?" or something to that effect.

Is there anything to this ?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Over on SSC Insighter attests that no developer he knows is starting anything until after the election or is waiting to see if there is a downturn.

On UP there is a thread entitled: "Are [Nashville] developers too timid ?" or something to that effect.

Well, if the former is true then the latter is most definitely true. I hope it's just speculation though. Five months is a long ass time to wait for any new development talk. Why would it just be Nashville that is getting hit, especially when the city was just on fire for awhile there recently. I don't understand why there would be such an abrupt halt to things.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 21, 2012, 12:06 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:

Don't look too far into it. Is some of what you said true? Possibly; but I doubt that every developer is waiting until after the election to make a move. If that were the case, they would lose on the whole "first to secure leases" race. We already knew the majority of the proposed projects would not start until late this year or early next year. If they don't get off the ground, its just the cycle that we always see and someone else will propose something. The thread on UP is geared more towards the quality of Nashville projects, as in a 260' hotel and a 395' rental tower instead of cities like Austin, Atlanta, and Charlotte, who have built 500'+ rental towers.

The MCC sparked a wave of developments: Omni, Hyatt, and you could even say a higher interest in the Medical Mart, and has helped provide a stronger interest in downtown and SoBro. That interest (in downtown a SoBro) has sparked 505CS and the SoBro tower. To actually have construction start on Tony G's latest proposals, there needs to be a strong need for them, not just financing. The SoBro will be built, and if 505CS is going to be anything other than Premier Parking, Nashville will have to have a major corporation want to relocate within or to downtown.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 6:44 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Concept rendering of the Hilton on Korean Veterans Blvd. This should be some great infill for the area. I think it will be roughly 130'.

Photo from the Nashville City Paper.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 5:12 PM

Anyone care to offer up a prognosis for the east-west busway ? Is the support there for it ? Funding ?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2012, 8:18 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Anyone care to offer up a prognosis for the east-west busway ? Is the support there for it ? Funding ?
Funding and most of it are still in the developmental stages. Personally, I don't think BRT will work. People in the South tend to look down on "buses" and associate them with the poor, therefore people will continue to drive their own vehicles. Even though light rail would have cost nearly twice as much, it will be needed in the future, so in a sense, the BRT is just a simple, temporary fix.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations