HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Dec 2, 2010, 9:17 PM

I picked last night. There is a strange bug in their system. There is some sort of policy about not leaving an aisle seat as a single, but I don’t believe it is a policy for mid row seats.

So anyway, last night I logged in, picked my seats just before my time came, then when the clock rolls over to your open time you have to first hold the seats (there is a button for it) then you confirm and purchase. So the section I wanted had some seats left, and about 8 sets of 3 seats in a row, I only need two.

So in my case I wanted seats 6 and 7, and 5 was also open. I tried to pick seat 6 and 7 but the system would not let me hold as it left a single. I was fairly irritated so I called sales office, worried that I would lose my seats. To their credit, they had people there at 7:15 last night, and the rep was very nice. However, they have no power to override and put the sale through. The guy genuinely seemed like he wanted to help me, but he just couldn’t. His service was great, what he has been given the power to do and not do isn’t his issue, it goers a little higher up. It also didn’t make sense as there were a few singles left in that section, and I questioned what they would then do with all the sets of three. Who wants three seats???

So, I was about to pick 2 seats that were in a row of 4 available quite bit higher up and at the last minute before confirming I decided to try one last time on the original, but selcted seats 5 and 6 instead of 6 and 7…and it worked. I really don’t understand it.

Just a heads up if any of you find the same thing. I really like the system they are using, but it just appears to some random system bug.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2010, 10:20 PM

Barcelona & Qatar Foundation agree £125m shirt deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
I'm pretty sure almost every soccer team in the world has a sponsor logo that's bigger than their team logo.
I know these are the top teams in the world, but just crazy numbers for shirt sponsorship:

Quote:
The deal will be worth £25m a year from next season through until 2016.....
Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid each earn about £20m a year for their rights, while Bayern Munich make closer to £23m.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/9276343.stm

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlaw View Post
I know these are the top teams in the world, but just crazy numbers for shirt sponsorship:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/9276343.stm
I see the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL following this lead soon.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2010, 5:08 AM

Whitecaps open the MLS season on ***** ## against ??????? ??

The 'Caps will host their Canadian rivals--Toronto FC--on March 19th at Empire Field to open their MLS existence. I'll be watching with divided loyalties as my sibling has a management position with TFC.

What a great game to kick things off. I've just been on some TFC supporters' websites and many of them are planning on taking in the historic first match between two Canadian teams in MLS.

http://whitecapsfc.com/news/2010/12/...val-toronto-fc

Quote:
“March 19, 2011, will be a historic day for our club and our fans. In just 90 days, we’ll be facing off against our Canadian rivals TFC and write the opening chapter for our club’s MLS journey,” stated Bob Lenarduzzi, president, Vancouver Whitecaps FC. “Our cities have a history of passionate rivalries, and I know without a doubt our fans and our players are looking forward to meeting our Eastern Canadian counterparts on the pitch and taking our rivalry to a new level. As the club fast approaches its initial season ticket sales cap of 16,500, fans will need to act now to ensure they’re able to be a part of this historic moment.”

Old Posted Dec 21, 2010, 6:26 AM
Blazed Member - Citygater

great news! I can see some sellouts in the Whitecaps near future!

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Dec 21, 2010, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodnorth View Post
great news! I can see some sellouts in the Whitecaps near future!
Wouldn't that be wonderful? hopefully, the learning curve for the 'caps in their inaugural season, won't be too steep. hope we have a soid first year in MLS next year. set the bar high!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 9:07 PM

Does anybody know when and against whom the inaugural game at the newly revamped BC Place is going to be?

That should be against the Sounders.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post
Does anybody know when and against whom the inaugural game at the newly revamped BC Place is going to be?

Full final schedules won't be released until February.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 9:41 PM
victory in near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post

currently, the schedule posted is just for the first week. and we do not know exactly when bc place will be finished.

so unless the WCs make the playoffs, I expect the last couple games in october 2011 or march 2012

it would be pretty cool to have the playoffs in the new digs

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 3:07 AM

Whitecaps choose first overall in the superdraft. A 17 year old texan named Salgado. Good choice?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 4:20 AM
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Whitecaps choose first overall in the superdraft. A 17 year old texan named Salgado. Good choice?
I've never even heard of him till today. Seems happy to have been chosen #1, so that's always a good thing. Sounds like he's already played a bit in the Mexican league, and for the US under 20s. Can't be that bad. Whether he was the right choice, only time will tell. The caps needed an attacker, and he definitely fills that role.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 8:43 AM

Omar Salgado. I'm not convinced that he's going to make a big impact on his first season. It really depends on how the 'Caps will develop the young man, and how hard Salgado's going to work to be one of the premier players in the MLS.

I was hoping that the 'Caps would've picked Perry Kitchen. I was surprised that Salgado was picked first overall. 17 year old, who can't even play in the league until he's 18? The 'Caps must really be high on this kid. He must be THAT good. Only time will tell whether he's going to be a franchise player, or not.

Anyone else heard that Robbie Savage may be coming to the 'Caps? The International Window Transfer is only a few days away. I'm excited with what the 'Caps are going to do. Savage's 36 years old, no? I'm worried that he might be injury proned, being at his age and all. Does he have enough to play at the top of his game?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 3:10 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Robbie Keane I could've understood although it doesn't sound like he's coming anymore but Robbie Savage?? Really?? The guy was never very good, and his claim to fame is being known of the dirtest player ever to play in the EPL, not exactly mentor criteria.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 7:16 PM
scared of rain

I think Savage lets them make a splash by hiring an EPL player (now former EPL) without the kind of cash and transfer fee that a Keane would require. Savage is a bit washed up but I still think he has a couple of solid MLS seasons in him.

As the new kids on the block it doesn’t hurt to have those kinds of aggressive players that will go out and “claim the pitch” so to speak. It puts teams on notice that we have arrived in this league and we are not content to lay down and lose just because we are new.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperTiger View Post
I think Savage lets them make a splash by hiring an EPL player (now former EPL) without the kind of cash and transfer fee that a Keane would require. Savage is a bit washed up but I still think he has a couple of solid MLS seasons in him.

As the new kids on the block it doesn’t hurt to have those kinds of aggressive players that will go out and “claim the pitch” so to speak. It puts teams on notice that we have arrived in this league and we are not content to lay down and lose just because we are new.
I think there is going to be a lot of losing this season. So any fans of the Whitecaps, better be ready for a losing season. Hopefully, we lose, and then draft #1 again next year (kidding), so that we can stockpile the draft picks, and become a dynasty in the future. LOL. just joking, guys. In all reality, though, the competition's probably not that much more than being in the USL-1. It's about branding, and hype.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 11:23 PM
victory in near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
In all reality, though, the competition's probably not that much more than being in the USL-1. It's about branding, and hype.
USL imploded last year and split into two leagues. Also, the four biggest teams (seattle, then vancouver and portland, and the montreal) have split to the MLS.

its no comparison now. The only good team left is the porto rico islanders

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmk View Post
USL imploded last year and split into two leagues. Also, the four biggest teams (seattle, then vancouver and portland, and the montreal) have split to the MLS.

its no comparison now. The only good team left is the porto rico islanders
The USL may have imploded into two leagues, but I think they have two divisions, right? the number 1 divison, and number 2 division? Most of the teams jumping to MLS are in Division 1, no? And if I remember correctly, when the 'Caps were still in USL-1, they played a friendly with the LA Galaxy, with Beckham, at BC Place, and they won. Says something about the MLS competition. Although, hopefully, the competition, and the level of play improves, as the quality of players drafted, and come into the league, improve.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 9:05 AM
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
I think there is going to be a lot of losing this season. So any fans of the Whitecaps, better be ready for a losing season. Hopefully, we lose, and then draft #1 again next year (kidding), so that we can stockpile the draft picks, and become a dynasty in the future. LOL. just joking, guys. In all reality, though, the competition's probably not that much more than being in the USL-1. It's about branding, and hype.
That is my hunch as well. It'll probably take awhile for the team, as well as the organization to gel. I still don't see how they're going to score, but I guess I have to wait to see what other players they pick up.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 9:12 AM

The whitecaps actually played the galaxy to a 0-0 draw if I recall.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2011, 8:45 PM

The virtual tour of the new BC Place is on the Whitecaps' website. Pretty neat. Gives us a preliminary look at what the stadium will look like during Caps games.

http://whitecaps.io-media.com/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation