HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 1:59 AM

i was in san francisco this past weekend and i snapped a shot of 300 spear from the bay bridge. sorry for the quality!

i'm assuming the primary tower under construction now is the 350' 35 story one (as well as the 8 story mid-rise). when will we see the other 400' 40 story tower begin to rise from the ground?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 2:00 AM
Shred Guitar Expert

great pictures of the foundation work

gonna look really nice

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 2:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive
i was in san francisco this past weekend and i snapped a shot of 300 spear from the bay bridge. sorry for the quality!

i'm assuming the primary tower under construction now is the 350' 35 story one (as well as the 8 story mid-rise). when will we see the other 400' 40 story tower begin to rise from the ground?
You probably passed closer to One Rincon Hill ('cause it's right next to the bridge approaches) but so far there's less to see--just starting to rise above the pediment.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 12:47 AM

It's been a while since I posted anything here, soo...

The pic from the bridge isn't too bad. The other tower crane behind the Infinity II (near the JP Morgan Chase tower) is Barclay's future HQ.

Well, work is progressing really fast on the site. The piece of the third tower crane (probably the first, foundation piece) that lay on Spear St. for like a week or so, waiting for the footings to be modified so it could be firmly locked into the concrete is finally in the pit now. Work on the third tower crane seems to be running behind schedule, since it should be up by now (there's no sign of it on from the street. Safety netting is totally in place to catch anyone or anything that falls down. The small, purple wall that used to only cover two vertical pipes (anyone remember from 7/25?) and made me think it was curtainwall is now covering a large part of the Infinity II (see pics) 35 storey tower. I think work on the 40 storey tower, or Infinity I has begun already and which one is the true height of the tower, 400' as listed here and sfcityscape.com or 450' (137 m) on emporis.com? Anyway, the Infinity I has finished floors reaching to 13 stories and the framework reaches 15 stories. The concrete core is around 19-20 stories high and probably is visible from Treasure Island. The midrise reaches to the 5th storey.

Old, old pics from 8/18 (from near the Millennium Tower).

Work on the midrise.

Not too old pics from 8/25.
Traveling north on I-280 (near 22nd St.) on a foggy morning to my work, anyone spot BOTH the Rincon Hill and the Infinity tower crane? When the concrete structure of the Infinity II building catches up to the crane, the skyline will be affected.

Heading towards the site on Folsom St.

Getting closer and more curtainwall.

Midrise.

Infinity II

View of the concrete core and work continuing and power line.

More glass and the little piece of grey concrete sticking out.

Purple wall on the edge. They put a lot up from 8/20 to 8/25 it seems. I just hope that's not the final color.

Another view.

Mobile crane and midrise.

More glass and the footing of the tall crane.

They placed the first piece of the third tower crane.

Cranes.

Another pic of cranes.

The big pit, no more dirt, only concrete and rebar, and the piece of tower crane seems to be hidden behind that grey box.

At this time I left to take pics of Rincon Hill, but I came back.
Crane from near the gas station, with the 28 storey Metro tower to the left and the 20 storey Avalon.

Elevator and glass.

Worksite on 8/28.

Structure is getting closer to the crane, a third tower crane raise seems likely in September.

These are the last pics for a while from me on this project, I'll be in the skyscraper city of the world, Hong Kong.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 12:51 AM
Not far from Disneyland

Thanks for the pics!

Back in April, I was having a hard time finding the building from my hotel window at the Marriott. Now I know why. My hotel room was facing in the wrong direction.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 1:06 AM

The reason that the one side has "No" green glass but rather the blue pannels is because that will be the wall that is blocked by the midrise.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 1:42 AM

Quote:
The reason that the one side has "No" green glass but rather the blue pannels is because that will be the wall that is blocked by the midrise.
thank god

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 1:52 AM

Ahh, thx for that info rocketman. I was wondering wtf was up with that

Will Rogers once said, "children in San Francisco are taught two things: love the Lord and hate Los Angeles."

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 5:15 AM

Hey guys, I have been registered here for a while, but have not posted in...years!?

Anyway, I live in Reno, Nevada and the stuff happening in Reno, Sacramento, and San Francisco is just amazing. 5 years ago, or less, there was just nothing - all of a sudden, there are around a dozen very interesting projects happening in the region.

I had been getting frusterated with the total lack of development, but with Rincon in SF, Captiol Towers in Sacramento, and the massive projects on the table (some under way) in Reno, it is a great time for skyscrapers in this area.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 9:31 PM

Webcor picture update.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 3:52 AM

AK47 - wonderful update, thank you very much!

My feeling is once the foundation is poured, and the first few floors are built, it is 'done' for all intensive purposes, as once they start building, it all happens so fast (seems the site prep, foundation, etc. takes a painfully long time).

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 2:29 AM

The third crane is up now.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 3:43 AM

Hey EastBayHardCore:

1.) Are you REALLY hard core?
2.) You from San Leandro?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 2:44 AM

Still in HK, but....

Overhead view of the site by Webcor, probably sometime around June-July.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 2:57 AM

My god, that building will have more sq. ft. UNDERGROUND than above street level!

That is a good thing, the building should have ample parking (despite what the anti-car crowd says, it is totally reasonable for every unit to have 1 or more parking spaces - and it alleviates parking elsewhere in the city)

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 9:15 PM

Will Rogers once said, "children in San Francisco are taught two things: love the Lord and hate Los Angeles."

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 9:26 PM

EastBay - was that directed at me?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 1:54 AM

Webcor update for Sept.
September 2006

September has proved to be a monumental month for the project with a 7000 yard concrete mat slab pour and completion of the deck through the 20th floor on the first of two towers. We have also made substantial progress on the curtain wall through the 9th floor.

In the main tower, stud framing is catching its stride on the first several floors as all the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire sprinkler trades race out in front.

The third and final tower crane has been erected and now services the west side of the site where our second mid-rise will begin, following the eminent completion of the shotcrete wall.

Last edited by rocketman_95046; Sep 28, 2006 at 3:04 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 2:16 AM

Oh wow, that last picture looking thru the rebar towards the Bay Bridge is awesome - that would be such a cool view.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2006, 11:27 PM
Sonoma Strong

^^ that view IS cool. i can only imagine the view another 20 stories up!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive