HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #201  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 5:09 PM
the Genral's Avatar
the Genral the Genral is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Far from the maddening crowd
Posts: 3,370
I didn't think I was. I've already cited my opinions on some of the reasons they are struggling. I quess my priorities are reversed. Fix the program, then the aesthetics. Reward the success with $10K lockers not before. It begs to incite entitlement which has always seemed to be UT's problem with their football players. I still think all the improvements are being made to attract top tier players and coaches, that's been stated before by UT reps, when all that used to be needed was the desire to play for TEXAS because they were....TEXAS. I'm just an outsider who is not a UT fan saying that the NCAA football world is not as good as it could be without Texas being relevant. College football as a whole needs Texas to be good consistantly. I am hoping they become a dynasty in the near future. I'll concede that maybe facility upgrades are part of the plan. I get that improving the facilities is also geared towards the fans. I'd like to add that on game day, friends and family come to my house to root for the longhorns if they are not attending the games and all I hear is (to put it politely) is very negative reactions towards the coaches and coaching decisions and stupid mistakes, while I sit there calmly. Its quite hysterical to me. They are all dressed in burnt orange and UT attire yet act like the real haters. Yet no one will follow me to the A&M side. UT fans are fiercely loyal. And soooooo unhappy.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 19, 2019 at 5:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #202  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 7:22 PM
zrx299 zrx299 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
I didn't think I was. I've already cited my opinions on some of the reasons they are struggling. I quess my priorities are reversed. Fix the program, then the aesthetics. Reward the success with $10K lockers not before. It begs to incite entitlement which has always seemed to be UT's problem with their football players. I still think all the improvements are being made to attract top tier players and coaches, that's been stated before by UT reps, when all that used to be needed was the desire to play for TEXAS because they were....TEXAS. I'm just an outsider who is not a UT fan saying that the NCAA football world is not as good as it could be without Texas being relevant. College football as a whole needs Texas to be good consistantly. I am hoping they become a dynasty in the near future. I'll concede that maybe facility upgrades are part of the plan. I get that improving the facilities is also geared towards the fans. I'd like to add that on game day, friends and family come to my house to root for the longhorns if they are not attending the games and all I hear is (to put it politely) is very negative reactions towards the coaches and coaching decisions and stupid mistakes, while I sit there calmly. Its quite hysterical to me. They are all dressed in burnt orange and UT attire yet act like the real haters. Yet no one will follow me to the A&M side. UT fans are fiercely loyal. And soooooo unhappy.
18 year old recruits were 5 years old... FIVE... when Vince Young led them to their last title. They aren't concerned with the "mystique" as much as top notch facilities, high tech locker rooms and such.

It's not THE reason, but if UT wants to keep playing in Big Money Athletics, this is the cost.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #203  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:23 AM
Jdawgboy's Avatar
Jdawgboy Jdawgboy is offline
Representing the ATX!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,146
Being a gay guy, I would have never made the connection but as Austinite101 stated, I will never be able to unsee that ever again...
__________________
"GOOD TIMES!!!" Jerri Blank (Strangers With Candy)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #204  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 3:44 PM
zx14 zx14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 258
I never thought I would see the day when Kentucky would have a program level or better in all sports. The point is Texas fans. You want success then stop supporting the program. Dont go to the games! Empty stadium is the only way to change the culture thus product on the field. Let the greedy athletic program see the fact that Texas fans want the old way. Product first fanfare second!!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #205  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 4:47 PM
freerover freerover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
I never thought I would see the day when Kentucky would have a program level or better in all sports. The point is Texas fans. You want success then stop supporting the program. Dont go to the games! Empty stadium is the only way to change the culture thus product on the field. Let the greedy athletic program see the fact that Texas fans want the old way. Product first fanfare second!!!!!
That's dumb. Can we leave the rants about the football team for the many sports boards and leave this thread as a place to talk about the infrastructure? Just go to Surly or HornFans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #206  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:39 AM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
I never thought I would see the day when Kentucky would have a program level or better in all sports. The point is Texas fans. You want success then stop supporting the program. Dont go to the games! Empty stadium is the only way to change the culture thus product on the field. Let the greedy athletic program see the fact that Texas fans want the old way. Product first fanfare second!!!!!
Super dumb. Please never associate yourself with UT sports ever again.
__________________
Anti-Leslie Pool. Bury I-35!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #207  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:43 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,540
This has strayed off topic a little too much. No more UTerus or pro/con UT sports rants.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #208  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 10:31 PM
freerover freerover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,040
Getting to see some above ground structure. GodzillaTron should be demolished soon.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #209  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:21 AM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,501
Now that the home schedule is finished, they can really start making some big progress. I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in place of Godzillatron next season.
__________________
Anti-Leslie Pool. Bury I-35!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #210  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:36 AM
Austin1971 Austin1971 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Now that the home schedule is finished, they can really start making some big progress. I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in place of Godzillatron next season.
New video board will be ready for next season.....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #211  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 2:01 AM
freerover freerover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Now that the home schedule is finished, they can really start making some big progress. I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in place of Godzillatron next season.
The big question is when are they moving out of Montclif so they can demolish the north half of it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #212  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 2:43 AM
freerover freerover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,040
It's coming down...

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #213  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 5:03 AM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,501
End of an era.
__________________
Anti-Leslie Pool. Bury I-35!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #214  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 3:38 PM
Armybrat Armybrat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
End of an era.
That adzillatron was the most misused tech device in recent history.
The horrible noises it generated drowned out the venerated college football experience as much as the TV timeouts have.
Good riddance, IMO.

I go to the games to watch college football, and not deafeningly loud, annoying advertisements that are worse than the sleazy used car TV ads.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #215  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 7:45 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
friends don't lie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: the upside down
Posts: 49,406
Upperdeck construction from the 1972 expansion.


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
__________________
In America, today, it's not that truth has lost, it's that political bias has been accepted as a legitimate answer to every issue one struggles with.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #216  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 11:28 PM
the Genral's Avatar
the Genral the Genral is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Far from the maddening crowd
Posts: 3,370
Nice find. The section closest to the crane looks kind of gnarly, like a portion of a rusty ship wreck was shoved in there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #217  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 PM
freerover freerover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,040
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.