HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Funny you should mention that...

You know every since these photos were posted, I've been checking to see if the crane installation has progressed. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I kind of reminds of when it seemed they would never finish the foundation work.
Kind of reminds me of this photo.
14.[/b]
[/QUOTE]

It seems that piece of steel in the left corner hung there for weeks. I couldn't wait for them to do something with that corner. I have to control my feelings.
Sorry for bringing 1WTC into this. Just wanted to explain my excitement.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2010, 9:25 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

^^^ You are not alone feeling great anticipation. When this tower finally gets its crane, we'll all be jumping around and realize the whole site is finally progressing.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 3:03 AM
New Yorker for life

Small tidbit...

http://lowermanhattan.info/construct...wer_49193.aspx

Quote:
*The following information was last updated on December 10, 2010

-Foundation crews will begin working a second shift through 11:30pm nightly beginning December 16, 2010

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I love this tower! Can't wait 'til it's built!
Don't hold your breath,,could be another ten years. From concept to actual reality almost 20 years? You have to ask yourself is the tower "dated" when its finished? Does anyone get my point? I mean when the building is planned its using technology and building engineering methods at the time of the plan(In this case 2003 or there about)but when the building is finished it could be 2015-2020 and then be dated?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 12:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePDX View Post
Don't hold your breath,,could be another ten years. From concept to actual reality almost 20 years? You have to ask yourself is the tower "dated" when its finished? Does anyone get my point? I mean when the building is planned its using technology and building engineering methods at the time of the plan(In this case 2003 or there about)but when the building is finished it could be 2015-2020 and then be dated?
How about you come back in twenty years and ask.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 12:39 PM

This is my favorite building within the new development - it's easy to forget that it will be the second highest building in NYC once finished as Freedom Tower overshadows it heightwise.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePDX View Post
*confused*.....its gonna be done in 2013

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:58 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
*confused*.....its gonna be done in 2013
Maybe the podium, but the entire tower's completion date still remains in question.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:06 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Tower 3 is scheduled for completion in 2014, it has a timeline. This one doesn't, but it's 2014 at the earliest. I'd guess more 2016-ish myself.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
Maybe the podium, but the entire tower's completion date still remains in question.
wow! i thought this was the Freedom tower's thread!
o in that case im guessing 2015, srry ppl

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 3:00 AM
New Yorker for life

It'll be done when it's done. Silverstein doesn't have financing to complete the tower as of yet. That won't come until he finds a tenant. But they have begun work on the tower, so already about a year and a half's worth of construction is getting knocked out of the way. Even if they were to stop at street level, when full construction restarted, we wouldn't have to go through this long process. I'm just happy work has begun, I'll worry about completion when they stop work.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 10:20 PM
Honored Member

Here Here !

Don't cast the towers fate before the dice are thrown. Much will change between now and 2013.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 4:00 PM

thats a bummer i wanted to see it go up by 2013-14... FIGURE IT OUT silverstein haha.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 4:41 PM

I'm just enjoying that it is under construction at the moment. The fact that the footings are going into place, and the rest of the substructure will be built, make me confident that it will get built one way or the other. It is definitely my favorite out of all the new towers.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2010, 3:23 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It'll be done when it's done. Silverstein doesn't have financing to complete the tower as of yet. That won't come until he finds a tenant. But they have begun work on the tower, so already about a year and a half's worth of construction is getting knocked out of the way. Even if they were to stop at street level, when full construction restarted, we wouldn't have to go through this long process. I'm just happy work has begun, I'll worry about completion when they stop work.
I think it's a safe bet Silverstein is doing his best to find tenants - he cares more about completing the site than any of us.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Dec 17, 2010, 5:48 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
I think it's a safe bet Silverstein is doing his best to find tenants - he cares more about completing the site than any of us.
No question about it; this is a guy who has been doing this kind of work for decades, so I’m sure he’s well aware on how to market properties to the right tenants. Something will come along.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 4:24 AM
Honored Member

I'm not sure yet, but I think they are bringing in more tower crane parts for Tower 2.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 4:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
I'm not sure yet, but I think they are bringing in more tower crane parts for Tower 2.
Possibly this one?

in.formed

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 4:32 PM

Yes, east tower crane on the WTC2 site is up...Above street level..

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 4:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel In The City View Post
Yes, east tower crane on the WTC2 site is up...Above street level..
Ah, indeed it is. Just checked the Discovery cam...

Deep in the "pit" and over in the corner...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction