HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 7:24 AM

Cool, I've always like that building and its nice to hear it won't be empty. I had always thought of it being an Italian restaurant/bakery. Kind of like one on Colorado Blvd in Old Town Pasadena.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 9:49 PM

Frontenac Ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by regboi24 View Post
The unfinished building is on the corner of Frontenac ct and elm st
I don't know about an unfinished building but the Frontenac Ct. alleyway is going to go through a transformation.... This is the allyway behind Sipology.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 9:50 PM

La Creperie

La Creperie is being worked on now... it should open in a few months...

Beachwood BBQ is supposed to open up off the Promenade as well...

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
Cool, I've always like that building and its nice to hear it won't be empty. I had always thought of it being an Italian restaurant/bakery. Kind of like one on Colorado Blvd in Old Town Pasadena.
I'm happy to see more retail being added to downtown. The new Fingerprints location won't be very far from Bagatelle Records on Atlantic and 3rd. It'll add to the vintage/buy sell trade retail scene in the East Village.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 11:53 PM

Looks like developers are considering the conversion of the AMC Pine Square 16 Theater on Pine Ave to 68 residential units according to the Press Telegram. If they do, they will face parking woes considering they cannot make the on site parking garage private without repaying a $10 million bond. Along with the residential conversion developers would renovate the courtyard commercial space including the removal of the escalators.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 7:28 PM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 3:18 AM

The new Vons is looking close to finished. I got some pictures on this rather gloomy day downtown.

Main entrance:

Looks like they're busy with the sidewalks:

Parking entrance:

The picture is out of focus, but you can see that there is a lot of work going on inside too:

The backside:

How does everyone like it so far?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 10:55 PM

Cool!

Even though I do most of my shopping at Traders Joe's, I still can't wait for Vons to open. I do some shopping at Albertsons, and now some at Vons.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beach Post

Gerald Desmond Bridge Readies For Replacement Project
by Daniel DeBoom, Long Beach Post
Monday, November 22, 2010

State Senator Alan Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) and Mayor Bob Foster chat in the shadow of the Gerald Desmond Bridge earlier today.

3:40pm | Officials from the Port of Long Beach and local government held a ceremony today to celebrate the future Gerald Desmond Bridge replacement that has been approved and green-lighted.

The state California Transportation Commission approved final funding and building plans for the bridge earlier this month. Construction on the five-year project is expected to begin in 2012. It is expected to generate about 4,000 jobs per year.

“It’s a proud day for the City of Long Beach, the County and the State,” said Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster. “We acted — in time — to replace this aging bridge, and in so doing, we will build a landmark structure that will create jobs now and guarantee a stronger Port and smoother transportation network for the future.”

Port officials estimate that the bridge carries about 15% of the nation's container goods as they enter the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles and are shipped out across the country. The bridge replacement will create wider lanes for normal traffic and an additional emergency lane. In recent years, concerns had grown as concrete pieces had deteriorated and a netting "diaper" had to be installed beneath the bridge.

“The new Gerald Desmond Bridge will reduce congestion, enhance safety and improve traffic flow,” said Caltrans Director Cindy McKim. “By undertaking bold projects like this one, we’re improving mobility and encouraging commerce across California.”

The bridge replacement is a $950 million project, funded by $500 million in state highway transportation funds and $300 million in Federal sources. The Port of Long Beach is pledging $114 million and Los Angeles County Metro is committing $28 million.
Read More: http://www.lbpost.com/news/deboom/10702

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 5:32 AM

^^^^ I'll be excited to see an updated rendering.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2010, 12:33 AM

Question Vons Opening

Any word on when Vons will be opening? I drove past the other day and it looks like they are stocking the store.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2010, 2:53 AM

According to EVA., The Vons grand opening is on Dec 10th.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 4:36 AM

According to The Press-Telegram, the LBRDA has agreed to negotiate exclusively for the next six months with Foster City Enterprises to develop a five-story building with 77 residential rentals and ground floor retail on the west block of the Promenade between Broadway and 3rd Street. The site has been slated for several different developments since 1982, the most recent being a boutique hotel called Hotel Esterel. None of the plans came to fruition due to various problems. Perhaps the stars will align for Foster City Enterprises.

I hope to see a rendering in 6 months.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2010, 10:20 AM

According to the Gazette, funding has been secured for phase I of the senior housing development at the corner of Anaheim and Long Beach Blvd. Phase I will include 200 affordable units for seniors (6 studios, 130 1-bedrooms, and 64 2-bedroom units). Construction will begin early 2011 and end late 2012 or early 2013. Phase II will include no more than 20% affordable units. State funding requirements mandate that Phase II be completed by June 25, 2017.

Phase I

Old Posted Jan 21, 2011, 3:38 AM

According to the Gazette, the construction of the protected bike paths will continue on Broadway and Third Streets between Maine and Alamitos. Initial construction of bike-only traffic signals were completed in 2010. Please see the full article for the construction timetable and parking impacts during and after the completion of the project.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 4:02 PM

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 10:58 PM

We live a block from this and they have begun! This weekend they demolished the buildings that were standing on Locust and Anaheim. The entire project fence that goes along Long Beach Blvd, Anaheim, Locust and 12th has been blocked with tarps. We are very happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKid View Post
According to the Gazette, funding has been secured for phase I of the senior housing development at the corner of Anaheim and Long Beach Blvd. Phase I will include 200 affordable units for seniors (6 studios, 130 1-bedrooms, and 64 2-bedroom units). Construction will begin early 2011 and end late 2012 or early 2013. Phase II will include no more than 20% affordable units. State funding requirements mandate that Phase II be completed by June 25, 2017.

Phase I

Old Posted Feb 16, 2011, 2:06 AM

Welcome to the board kbrows! Thanks for letting us know. I was just beginning to wonder when that project was going to start.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2011, 10:34 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with the 2nd opening of La Creperie in Long Beach on Pine Avenue?

I noticed the sign is gone the work has stopped on the building. To me looks like they may have pulled out of the deal but I haven't heard any news.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
Does anyone know what's going on with the 2nd opening of La Creperie in Long Beach on Pine Avenue?

I noticed the sign is gone the work has stopped on the building. To me looks like they may have pulled out of the deal but I haven't heard any news.
Unfortunately, I have not heard anything else.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West