HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Starting to get an even stronger impression that this is all a waste of time. There's no point to bringing up curtain wall vs window wall. That might be the only thing on SSP everyone would agree on. There's still good looking window wall and bad looking window wall as there is good looking curtain wall and bad looking curtain wall. We're simply not going to agree that YC's stripped down window wall aesthetic (forget colour and everything relating to a tower's architectural design) is as tastefully done as the tower next door.
Goodness, we were barely disagreeing and I wasn't defending YC's window wall

You cans top trying to win every post, your blood pressure might scale back a little.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 5:29 PM
I am the law!

Thanks for confirming that you're just trolling and I'm not continuing after this post. I have enough already with my pet troll named Andrew.

My blood pressure is fine. You're right. Defending YC's extra crappy window wall wasn't at all implied with window wall is inherently fugly and curtain wall is a huge price increase over 60 storeys

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 6:09 PM

Pretty sure if you read back in most of these threads it's you that is the troll. For god's sake just look at the last page here. LOL. You wish I trolled you, but nobody can troll like you around here so why even try? I actually come here to post things like links and pictures like I was just about to do right now.

Photo taken by AHK over on urbantoronto.ca
The Globe and Mail Building is finally gone at the Well site. Digging can begin. Also a Toronto Hydrovac truck was on site today shutting off the water to the site.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 9:55 PM

Is this in the top 30? Maybe not.

The Selby has reached it's cantilever floors now. It can finally outgrow that grey mess next door.

posted on : http://bklarchitecture.com

image by Marcus Mitanis
posted on: http://urbantoronto.ca

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 9:58 PM
BANNED

Is that the actual finish, or will it be darker per the rendering?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 10:04 PM

That is the actual finish, it's much darker in person, also I think it has a layer of dirt and dust that will need to be sprayed off. It's not as in your face red as the renders but more a typical Toronto brick red found in most houses of our inner city.

image by Marcus Mitanis
posted on: http://urbantoronto.ca

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 10:04 PM

edit

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 10:14 PM
BANNED

I like.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 12:58 AM

It's very Rotterdam.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 2:26 AM
BANNED

Agreed!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 1:25 PM

The only way that was ever going to turn out nice was if there actually was a striking contrast between the glass and brick like in the render or something like Woodward's. I don't think they could have chose a more drab shade of red.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 1:44 PM
I am the law!

I don't care for the brick either. It's a problem I have with a lot of these modern colours. Up close, they look great with lots of depth and a shimmering glossy glaze. From afar, It all blends together into these mundane, washed out colours.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 1:55 PM

I think if you're going to go with a colour like red it has to be quality and it has to be timeless.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 2:37 PM
BANNED

Perhaps once it is cleaned?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post

Exactly. As you can see in the up-close it has a lot of dirt on it.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Thanks for confirming that you're just trolling and I'm not continuing after this post. I have enough already with my pet troll named Andrew.

My blood pressure is fine. You're right. Defending YC's extra crappy window wall wasn't at all implied with window wall is inherently fugly and curtain wall is a huge price increase over 60 storeys
Whoa, huuuuuge defense there

Truly, truly, get over yourself. I stated a harmless general opinion, and heaven forbid, clearly i prefer curtain wall as a general rule (and the cost factor is indisputable). I like plenty of buildings employing window wall exteriors.

That warrants these aggressive reactions? Trolling?

You're 10000% the one that reacts in drastic extremes to the most innocent of posts! So if it weren't for your join date you could be accused of the same. Instead, you're just insufferable (yet enduring). I thought I softened my posts slightly enough to allow you to huff and puff and be the big dog you must be on SSP while maintaining civility, but apparently you're too ridiculous to handle that

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Hopefully... the rendering looks gorgeous, but Brick rarely look that bright even when cleaned. Still, really intriguing build.

Even the BMO tower can look quite slick from close but if you're even a couple blocks away the shimmer in the panel can get lost and looks more like a concrete structure.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Hopefully... the rendering looks gorgeous, but Brick rarely look that bright even when cleaned. Still, really intriguing build.

Even the BMO tower can look quite slick from close but if you're even a couple blocks away the shimmer in the panel can get lost and looks more like a concrete structure.

Wolf13, I think they may have scaled back on the red in order to match the red of the Heritage Mansion's brickwork that will be attached to it's podium.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 4:29 PM
I am the law!

Okay. I lied.

Sure attack my persona; accuse me of overeating; and claiming innocence instead of actually countering what I have said. That's SSP in a nutshell.

We were talking about YC. I mentioned the window wall is sub par to other window wall and you went off on a tangent about curtainwall being better than window wall. Once again, How else should that be interpreted? What does curtainwall vs window wall have anything to do with the conservation unless as some cryptic defense of YC's window wall? I'll be disappointed but, I'll accept your opinion no matter what direction it goes.

Re:Trolling

It's your motive. You weren't being honest right from the start. You pretended to be basing all your opinions off the rendering but, never acknowledge the links to the construction photos and constantly flirted around giving an an actual answer. You just wanted to argue after I questioned you calling it "unique". With gorgeous ... That's entire up to you.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 4:52 PM

I'll withhold final judgement, but I don't see a powerwash turning this into anything close to the render.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada