HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Ah okay, I didn't know that about BIG's design. It does perhaps seem more tenant friendly especially towards the top of the building since it has larger floor plates as opposed to Foster's which gets narrow at that point.

If BIG's is built I hope it's at least tweaked a bit. It's utter garbage as is, and I'm not even that critical and like most buildings.

Larry Silverstein has probably forgotten more about real estate and development than any here will ever know. He's repeatedly said before that Foster's design was "dated" (Of course, that could happen with something that was designed a decade ago. Even 15 Penn was reportedly redesigned). But he's trying to get this tower built, and has also said options were open for the site in regards to Foster's design - as they should be. But I wouldn't count on a particular tenant saying "Hey Larry, whatever happened to that old Foster design?". You can visit any building website, be it office or residential, and they aren't trotting out designs that they don't intend to build. The smart thing to do is go with what you see before you, and everything I see points to BIG's design.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction