HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 7:56 PM

Where is the cheapest beer in downtown Austin?

Looking for a few cheap spots to grab a beer in the downtown Austin area. Any ideas?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Looking for a few cheap spots to grab a beer in the downtown Austin area. Any ideas?
When I was there, I always went to Lovejoys. But if dive bars aren't your taste, I also frequented Lavaca St. Bar. Not bad prices and the bartenders are quite charming and cute, if you asked me. Jo's Hot Coffee on 2nd St. also has pretty cheap beers every now and then. Sometimes they have happy hour... not sure, if they still do and when they did I think it was around 5-7pm. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 1:12 AM

That depends...

That depends on when you are going and what kind of beer you want to drink. I know that a bunch of the bars on 6th that cater to college folks have (or at least used to have) $1 domestics and Shiners on Thursdays.

If you're looking for something a bit more up-scale, I second the Lovejoys recommendation. Their microbrews are usually very good and also a very good deal.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin