HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 12:31 AM
Urban Fanactic

This is the Town of Halminton with a population of 38,800. It covers five medium sized city tiles.
Downtown Halminton.

Halminton Docks.

Some overviews of the town.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 2:41 AM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

So, what are some good downloads to grab?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 4:10 AM
Urban Fanactic

The Network Addon Mod for sure and the majority of the top rated stuff on the Stex at Simtropolis. After that it's pretty much your preference on what you want to create.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 4:35 AM
Community Guy

Going to buy the game and create edmongary.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 1:26 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwils01 View Post
The Network Addon Mod for sure and the majority of the top rated stuff on the Stex at Simtropolis. After that it's pretty much your preference on what you want to create.
Thanks. I like to aim for variety in my cities (though I remain deeply annoyed that my efforts to build eco-friendly pedestrian focused cities tend to have iffy mayor ratings while sprawling messes get great ratings).

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 3:38 AM
Urban Fanactic

Current progress on the region of Sault Ste. Marie with a population of 560,000.

Transportation map.

City boundary map.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 10:48 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Wow that's quite a bit of development, she's looking good. Is the region based on the actual topography of Sault Ste. Marie? I like the layout of the islands. And just how many regions have you made/are working on? Seems like your working on several different regions simultaneously

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 3:46 AM
Urban Fanactic

It's the actual topography of the Sault Ste.Marie area. The area developed so far is east of the Sault were Echo, Bay, Sugar Island, and Garden River actually are. I just made everything a lot bigger.

This is the only region I'm working on but I have one of Thunder Bay and the GTA.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 7:45 AM
Registered User, Maybe

Quote:
It's the actual topography of the Sault Ste.Marie area. The area developed so far is east of the Sault were Echo, Bay, Sugar Island, and Garden River actually are. I just made everything a lot bigger.

This is the only region I'm working on but I have one of Thunder Bay and the GTA.
Ah yes, the city names do correspond with those you posted earlier and Sault Ste. Marie has a more interesting topography than I imagined. Was the GTA region the first one you worked on? I say that because I wanted to create such a region as well right away when I first got the game, but I quickly gave up the idea since the vanilla version didn't offer the need realism I desired. Seems its only natural that most SC4 players want to or at least entertain the idea of building an in game version of their local/nearest metropolis.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 PM
Urban Fanactic

On my old computer I made the GTA area and Hamilton area but they weren't that good. Since then I've been able to make bigger regions and use the NAM to create more realistic roadways. There isn't much buildings from Toronto out there which makes it hard to do a recreation of the city. I know that someone is currently making the Honest Ed's building.

The central area of the city of Garden River, with a population of 214,642.
Silver Creek Golf Course and Country Club.

Garden River Marina.

Garden River Cruise Ship Port and Ferry Terminal.

Garden River Sports Complex and Community College.

Garden River Waterfront.

Waterfront Condominiums outside of the downtown area.

Syrette Park.

Shingwauk Park.

Garden River Entertainment District.

The Centre of the city.

Downtown Garden River.

Southern portion of Garden River.

Northern portion of Garden River.

Central Portion of Garden River.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 9:15 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Agreed on the NAM, its probably the main reason why I still play the game today. Looks like Garden River is fundamentally complete, its always satisfying to finish off a big city map. Coincidentally enough the name of the next city in my region I was going to work on is call Garden City.

Quote:
Nice mix of highrises, do you use ploppable or just let the city grow organically?

Quote:
Downtown Garden River.
Btw do you remember where you got the blue building with the angled side? And also the wide & tall blackish building? Those are two I've never seen before would really like to add to the collection.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 11:48 PM
Urban Fanactic

For the city it's all grown expect for the rewards and government buildings. For the downtown area it's 50/50. All residential buildings are grown but most commercial buildings are plopped.

The blue slant building is here: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=899

The tall black building is here: http://community.simtropolis.com/fil...-the-met-v-25/

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 10:11 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Thanks for those

I'm mostly the same. Commercial in the downtown areas is basically all plopped. Though usually I'll zone commercial at first and let it cycle for a bit just to see if there's anything that props up that looks good where it is. But I' rarely satisfied by the result and it ends up being like 90% plopped. But I don't bother doing that for the less dense areas. Residential is grown but if sims could actually leave ploppable residential buildings to go to work I would of done the same with it. It's usually takes many cycles before I'm entirely satisfied with whats been growth, for the high density area. The less dense the less it matters.

I'm probably too particular in that regard. But there's a certain aesthetic I go for. I just don't like having the same buildings growing all over the place. I'll only accept it if its far away or if its a small number and they're right next to each other, then I just see it as being part of one big development, like this for example;

On another note, I've finally decided to start a CJ of my own. Damn is it a ton of work to organize it properly, but its quite fun as well.

Last edited by vegeta_skyline; Dec 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 9:54 AM
Registered User, Maybe

Just a little park I made

Last edited by vegeta_skyline; Aug 27, 2017 at 10:45 AM.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2014, 12:41 AM
Urban Fanactic

That looks great. You put a lot of detail in your cities. I like the excel spreadsheet for the tallest buildings. I used to do that with my old regions and I may start that up again.

This is the town of Haybale. It's the only landlocked town on Sugar Island and is home to commuters who work in either Garden River, Cambrian, or Sault Ste. Marie.

The towns population is 4,900.

Downtown Haybale.

This is the Town of Hagia. It's located on the southeastern end of Sugar Island. Commuters drive to Drummond which is the big high-tech sector on the island, take the ferry to Aberdeen or Garden River, or take the Monorail to Garden River or Sault Ste. Marie. The population of Hagia is 8,864.

Downtown Hagia.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 7:31 PM

Cities XL Platinum at 12$ on steam.

Is it a good buy or I should stick on SC serie?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 8:16 PM
More transit please

Took me a while to build this one. Still a work in progress, I've only built 4 suburbs so far. I bought it on the App Store so no add-ons unfortunately!

Lyndon, Ohio, county seat of Pike County
City population: 139,964
Lyndon Metro: 206,039

Neighbourhood of Spengler Hills (Lyndon South District) with the Spengler Hills Country Club.

Downtown Lyndon (Lyndon Centre District). In the middle you can see Cumberland Station, which is the rail hub for Amtrak trains, LATA commuter rail and LYNK Transit. With more suburbs being built, it'll keep growing, I'll post updates. On the left is Mecklen Bay.

University Park (Lyndon West District), with Mecklen University (named after the river). Served by University Park LYNK Station.

Neighbourhood of Elm Point (Lyndon East District) with transit-oriented development next to the Elm Point Ferry Terminal.

North Park housing project (Lyndon North District) with the North Park LYNK Station. I tried to make it look ghetto lol

Garden suburb of Devon Park with the Devon Park LATA Station.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 10:57 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Good start, but I would highly recommend adding some custom content which you can get for for free from sites like simtropolis. Specifically the NAM(Network addon mod)& RHW(Real highway mod), they just make everything so much more interesting.

Last edited by vegeta_skyline; Aug 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Here's some recent pictures using a snow mod.
The snow capped peaks of Mount Hula

Last edited by vegeta_skyline; Aug 27, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2014, 12:20 AM
User Registered

Something I worked on recently

Zoom out

My Simcity Stuff

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada