HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 2:24 PM
Community Guy

Taste of Iceland 2015 - April 9-12

REMINDER

Enjoy Icelandic food, music, film, and more during this exciting cultural weekend in Edmonton!

from link below

Taste of Iceland is coming back to Edmonton this spring in response to popular demand! This exciting cultural event will celebrate Iceland's food, music, and film from April 9-12 to give Edmontonians a taste of what life is like in Iceland. Click here to RSVP on Facebook, and join the conversation on Twitter & Instagram by tagging @IcelandNatural with the hashtag #TasteofIceland.

Icelandic Menu at Characters Fine Dining | April 9-12

For the second year in a row, Characters Fine Dining will offer diners an authentic Icelandic menu! Chef Viktor Örn Andrésson, head chef at Blue Lagoon's LAVA Restaurant, will collaborate with chef Shonn Oborowsky, owner and chef at Characters Fine Dining, to offer diners a one-of-a-kind menu featuring fresh ingredients flown in from Iceland and a special Reyka Vodka cocktail.
WHEN: Thursday, April 9 - Sunday, April 12
WHERE: Characters Fine Dining | 10257 105 St NW

Reykjavik Calling - Guitarama at Starlite Room | April 11

Award-winning Icelandic musician Bjorn Thoroddsen, hailed as “Iceland's Guitar Hero,” will headline a special free concert, “Reykjavik Calling - Guitarama,” at Edmonton’s Starlite Room on Saturday, April 11. Icelandic artists Bjorn Thoroddsen, Beebee and the bluebirds and Jon Hilmar Karason will join Edmonton musicians Kim Lesaca, Dean Pierno, Bobby Cameron, and Clint Pelletier for a unique night of musical collaborations. Admission to the concert is on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to RSVP via Eventbrite. 18+
WHEN: Saturday, April 11 (first-come, first-served)
WHERE: Starlite Room | 10030 102 Street Northwest

Icelandic Film Festival at Metro Cinema at the Garneau | April 12

Discover the best in Icelandic film at Edmonton’s Metro Cinema at the Garneau, where Iceland Naturally will host a series of Icelandic film screenings on Sunday, April 12. Specially curated by the Reykjavik Shorts & Docs Festival, admission to the film screenings is free and on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHEN: Sunday, April 12 | 2-5 PM
WHERE: Metro Cinema at the Garneau | 8712 109 Street Northwest

http://icelandnaturally.com/article/...ton-april-9-12

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 9:48 PM

Thumbs up Bjorn Thorrodsen - Guitarama; Characters Dining -Blue Lagoon Chef

He is an excellent guitarist and played Beatles' medleys at a Reception during the Edmonton Inaugural Trade Mission to Iceland last March.

I then ran into Bjorn at YEG as he was flying back to KEF in the Icelandair Flight after playing at Guitarama in Winnipeg last spring.

As for the Characters restaurant event, if the Lamb is anything like that we ate at the Blue Lagoon Icelandair-hosted reception this is a must event. Best Lamb I have ever eaten!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 10:01 PM
Community Guy

I will be trying to get into the show and heading to the movies that Sunday.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 10:28 PM

If you do get into the Starlite show let me know as I will be there with my wife and a couple of friends.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton