HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 6:38 PM
Community Guy

Al Fresco 104st - August 22, 2015

Al Fresco Is Back!

Al Fresco, the greatly missed 104th-St. community block party is back after a two year hiatus.

Save the date! This year, the event will take place on Saturday, August 22, 2015.

Myron Nebozuk, Chair of the Al Fresco Planning Committee says “After a two year break, I think the community is ready to step forward again to plan another fantastic event. We have heard from so many people asking to bring back Al Fresco that we just had to revive the event. It would be a shame not to.”

Plans are underway to bring you a fun packed day in the heart of our city. Highlights include:
Plans to close both ends of 104th-St., running north and south of Jasper Avenue. As the street will be closed to vehicular traffic, restaurants will have additional seating on extended patios that will bring the festivities right onto 104th-St.
Bringing together members of the Edmonton food truck community to provide an even greater variety of food options to festival patrons.
Programming the street with live music, DJs, street artists, a beer and wine garden and many more fun filled activities.
Once again, deVine Wines & Spirits will be helping the 104th-St. community by managing the Al Fresco 2015 silent auction. You can see the items that will be offered for bid by following this link: http://devinewines.ca/eventAuctions/...o_auction.html

Proceeds from the silent auction and participation fees will be used to support community development and our charity of choice, the Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters (ACWS). The ACWS was our partner during Al Fresco 2009, the year of our first event. We welcome their return in 2015. To learn more about the ACWS, please visit their website at http://www.acws.ca

Al Fresco 2015 will run concurrently with the Downtown Farmers’ Market on the south end of Jasper Avenue on 104th-St. during market hours. Once the market vacates 104th-St. north of Jasper Avenue, Al Fresco will expand north to 102nd-Ave. Festivities between Jasper Avenue and 102nd-Ave will begin at 5:00 PM.

Please stay tuned for more information. We will be adding details to our blog, website and e-newsletter on a regular basis. Items will be added to the Al Fresco online auction as they become available. Please visit the auction page regularly to see new items and to track your bid.

So, please save the date and tell your friends!

Al Fresco is back!

http://4thstpromenade.ca/2015/07/al-fresco-is-back/

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 7:14 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:18 PM
Community Guy

UPDATE [August 6th, 2015]: Join the Downtown Edmonton Community League for their annual pancake breakfast, this year coinciding with return of the Al Fresco Block Party on 104th Street Downtown! When: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 9:00 am – 11:30 am Where: DECL Community Space, 10042 103 Street NW $2 breakfast goes to support the on-going programming efforts of DECL. We need your help! If you’d like to volunteer for the pancake breakfast, please message us or email us at my_decl@telus.net!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 2:57 PM
Community Guy

Also a reminder about the auction items!

http://devinewines.ca/eventAuctions/...o_auction.html

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 5:42 PM
Community Guy

"During Al Fresco (https://goo.gl/XnT3mo) we're having an Al Fresco Watering Hole which is a community fundraiser, benefiting The Edmonton Food Bank and 104th Street.

$2 entrance fee

DJ’S:
Mr. Kou
Polyesterday
Freshlan
Joses Martin

DRINKS:
Beers being poured by:
Mercer Tavern (featuring Big Rock)
Alley Kat Brewing Company
Wines by Vendemia Wines
Sangria from Sabor
Cold Brewed Coffee From Iconoclast

FOOD:
Wild Boar Fejoada from Sabor"

https://www.facebook.com/events/836100166438868/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2015, 7:21 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Aug 23, 2015, 9:10 PM
Community Guy

Great morning and nice to see about 250 people out for the annual DECL pancake breakfast. Thanks to all who joined!

The later afternoon and evening events were ok, but simply did not have enough contiguous vibe or events taking place. It was a little cool with that wind and there were other events on, but there was simply something(s) missing from this year's event.

As usual, Cask stepped up with a good live band who were playing their last 2 sets ever which was quite interesting to witness.

Time for some debriefs and revamp for the next Al Fresco, but a big thanks to all of those who participated, volunteered, donated and worked behind the scenes.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2015, 9:17 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Aug 24, 2015, 2:43 PM

Alfresco looked like a lot of fun; I walked by it a few times but couldn't stay, was attending a wedding at Sabor and Mercer.

They need to do this a lot more often, the atmosphere was awesome. I say at least once a month June July August.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 3:44 PM
Community Guy

Good Afternoon,

On behalf of everyone at deVine Wines, we want to send out a big thank you to everyone who contributed to our 2015 Silent Auction which ran in conjunction with the Al Fresco street party. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to raise just over $19,000.00 for the Edmonton Food Bank and the 104th street Purple Flag initiative! With most bids going over value we were able to retain 83% of the total retail value of items donated! In addition, we are happy to say that over 800 pounds of food were collected at various drop off points around downtown (not including food collected at ATB and Shoppers Drug Mart locations) which should increase the tally!

Again, thank you for your support! We know you receive many requests for donations and we are grateful that you've chosen to help deVine with this years auction.

Kind Regards,

Chris
deVine Wines & Spirits.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton