HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
This is great, and the yellow detail in front reminds me of the companies metalwork.
According to the company, that yellow grill-like exterior design on the three-story (horizontal) office portion was meant to evoke the company's D11 dozer. Which is one of the company's, fairly-recent, heavy equipment stars. I'm not surprised this design is such a widespread hit with many people, because the world-renowned Gensler architectural/design firm played a key role in it's formation. After CAT embarked on an extensive two-year study that explored all options, the company felt this option best fit it's long-term goals for increasing achievement and innovation. THIS new, global, headquarters was designed to appeal to and attract ' millenials ' more interested in a 21st-century working environment like akin to Silicon-Valley and Google-esque than a, towering, monolith more appropriate for Wall Street.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 11:06 PM

Could be a big last half of the decade for Omaha. Potentially as many as 10 towers 10 or more stories could be built by 2020. Would be a major boom for us.

The 10 story Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center is well on its way to topping out.

The $205 million Capitol District including a 14 floor hotel, 12 apartment building and dual 8 floor office buildings is getting site work.

Directly across the street from ^that^ project is going to be HDR Architecture's new headquarters. They are moving DT from the suburbs and bringing 900 jobs in 300K SF. They said it will be 18-20 floors depending on final floor plans. No rendering yet.

Lanoha Development is set to build up to a $100 million tower. The final height has yet to be determined. They said it will be demand based between 19-29 floors.

Tetrad Development plans to replace our old closed arena with a $300 million development anchored by a 14+ story office tower. They said they would gladly build up to 40 if the demand is there.

Just across the Missouri River from downtown in Iowa there is a $100 million mixed used neighborhood being built that will have dual 10 floor condo towers.

These last two are rumors at this point, but it has been said that the company behind Skyhouse Towers being put up in cities around the country have been in town scouting locations for an apartment tower and hotel tower.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 4:15 PM
The City

I'd love to see page 1 of this thread updated. Chicago's highrise construction activity has basically doubled, perhaps even more. And Milwaukee has started to develop Chicago's knack for highrise building as well, with a recent significant uptick in proposals. Outside of perhaps Minneapolis, I don't think there is a lot of highrise activity going on anywhere else in the Midwest.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:10 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

there are a number of residential highrises under construction with cranes up in the urban core of st. louis, currently.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:14 PM

downtown clayton

photo by quincunx on urbanstl.com

east loop

photo by chriss752 on urbanstl.com

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:18 PM

central west end

photo by quincunx on urbanstl.com

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 6:38 PM

"There are a number of residential highrises under construction with cranes up in the urban core of st. louis, currently."

Not sure if the Centene project in Clayton has been mentioned on here yet.

Nice Clayton project that will include a 34 story tower, 28 story tower and 17 story tower, as well as an auditorium and other buildings. The project will be around $770 million.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 5:07 PM

It finally looks like Ballpark Village Phase 2, in St. Louis is going to become a reality. It will feature a 29 story residential tower, a class A low-midrise building, some retail and restaurants. If successful, Phase 3 will be a no-brainer and hopefully even larger.

Here is part of the statement from the Cardinals:

"The second phase of Ballpark Village will complete a full build-out of Clark Street with a 29-story glass and steel residential apartment tower on the east end, and a large Class-A office building on the west end, as well as additional retail and entertainment in between, transforming Clark Street into one of the most unique city streets in all of major league sports."

Last edited by STLeric; Oct 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 1:52 PM

The momentum continues in St. Louis! New 36 story tower announced last night. This is a very unique tower, designed by Studio Gang Architects. It will be a great addition to the booming central corridor of St. Louis.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/loc...dd2e2c509.html

Old Posted Dec 11, 2016, 5:55 AM

^ Now that's a stunningly gorgeous tower!! Wow!!

Oh btw has the departure of the Rams hurt downtown StL? Just curious, I sure hope the NFL awards St Louis a team sometime soon (maybe they could be named The Riverboats) and also Las Vegas (the Gamblers-the Raiders should stay in Oakland where they belong). I'm so glad the Rams brought St Louis a Super Bowl win-my mom's side of the family is from just north of St Louis on both the Illinois and MO sides so I've always been a fan of the Lou teams..

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 3:11 AM

I don't believe the Rams departure has hurt the Downtown economy whatsoever. It actually has probably helped, opening up the convention center for more conventions and events. It sucks that we do not have a team here, but watching this circus freak show of a franchise in LA run by inapt clowns, makes the thought of losing the Rams much easier to swallow. Just know one thing, the Rams relocation had absolutely nothing to do with St. Louis and the Fanbase and everything to do with the corrupt, cartel, finding a way to get the team in the LA market.
I think now that the world can see how inapt the Rams organization is run, the empty seats are not a St. Louis thing, but a Rams thing. It is just awful football to have to watch live. I actually love having my Sundays free of NFL football.
I think that St. Louis could get another team in the future and should have a team, but it would only happen way down the road, not anytime soon if ever.

Back to St. Louis, we will be fine. We should get major league soccer as a consolation prize, a great consolation prize. As you can see, St. Louis is just fine, very healthy construction market. Maybe the biggest construction boom since the 80s. Two very healthy professional sports franchises and MLS soccer on the way. We still have a very diverse economy, 20+ Fortune 1000 companies and almost 3,000,000 people in the metro area. The talk of a "dying city" is a false narrative created by the media and the Rams specifically. Yes, we would like to have NFL football, but we are just fine without it.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 5:46 AM

^ Thanks for your thoughts bro and I've always thought that St Louis is a nice place with nice friendly locals and its a place I fly into when I go see the family back there...

Oh btw some of the Denver forumers would like to see a similar tower like that gorgeous 36 story proposal in or near downtown Denver as something of that caliber would really be unique and stand out from the forest of boxes that make-up the current skyline there.

Last edited by CastleScott; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:59 AM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 5:03 AM

Dec 30, 2016 in Cincinnati:

Site clearance on Fourth St. for a similar project:

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 11:09 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i updated page 1 of this thread with all of the 300+ foot highrise activity in the midwest.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 2:40 PM

I think I like nuCLEus best. Although 100 in STL is definitely out of the box.
And Minny..cmon get a tower going already.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 2:55 PM

35 Story Market Tower proposal chosen for the North Market site:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/p...arking-lot-bw1

Height about 400 feet:

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/...rket-site.html

Last edited by toddguy; Apr 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 4:16 AM

New hospital in Marquette mi

[/URL]

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 11:51 PM

Detroit has a 500 footer on the way. Construction is expected to start early 2018.

The Monroe Block. 536 feet, 35 Floors. Shorter tower looks to be ~420-430 feet with possibly 24-25 floors.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 4:48 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

The Beacon (515 Euclid) is officially under construction - after a few weeks of reinforcing the elevator core, there's steel rising

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:32 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I'd completely forgotten about this thread. lol Love the Playhouse Square tower in the proposal stage in Cleveland.

Anyway, the 800-foot Hudson site tower broke ground in downtown Detroit last month. Much of this year will be removing the current four-story underground garage and rebuilding it so that it can fit the 800-foot tower and mid-rise building above it.

The 58-story tower is largely residential, but the first 150-feet or so us ground floor retail with exhibition space above. The mid-rise building will have ground floor retail and an indoor market, above that is events and additional exhibition space, and at the top if four floors of 200-something square feet of office space. Oh, and the top of the tower is an observation deck, part of which will overhang with views to the north.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest