HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Clarendon in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Boston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 29, 2007, 11:06 PM

BOSTON | The Clarendon | 336 FT / 102 M | 32 FLOORS

The Clarendon is a mixed-use project currently in the excavation phase located in the Back Bay, directly across the street (southeast) from the John Hancock tower, Boston's and New England's tallest building. It will contain 299 rental and ownership units, a restaurant and a new Back Bay post office.

The architects are Robert A.M. Stern and local firm Childs Bertman Tseckares, otherwise known as CBT. They are to Boston what SOM are to New York City -- a high-volume firm producing, hmm, shall we say "ok" stuff.

Photo updates, taken by me

12/27/2006, the building prepped for demo was a post office

2/13/2007

2/27/2007.. two of Boston's best-known landmarks -- John Hancock Tower on the left and H.H. Richardson's Trinity Church in the center -- are just across the street

4/25/2007

most recent update - 6/3/2007

I go by the site at least a couple times a week, but there's been very little visible progress to show, so that's why I don't have any more recent photos.

Last edited by kznyc2k; Jul 30, 2007 at 1:47 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive