HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 7:30 AM

There's a company called ChargePoint that makes electric car charging ports and they offer a product specifically designed for apartments & condos; it has metering built directly into each charger to measure how much power is used by it. The car owner & the landlord/condo board can both register an account tied to the charger, with the cost of the electricity being automatically billed to the car owner's account and the revenue being directed to the landlord/condo board's account. This allows the building management to ensure that the car owners are properly paying for the true cost of charging their cars, without having to go through the hassle of setting up separate hydro submeters.

Someone at my work got their landlord to install one for them and they were telling me all about it. If you approach your condo board with a proposal to use this product and you offer to pay all the installation fees I don't see why they would have a problem with it.
"It is only because the control of the means of production is divided among many people acting independently that nobody has complete power over us, that we as individuals can decide what to do with ourselves." - Friedrich Hayek

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion