HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 4:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Taverna Greek Resto Bar & Grill on Main Street is now hiring. Their signage is also now up. I'm sure they will be open by the early summer. I'm really looking forward to this addition to the downtown culinary scene, just as much as I am looking forward to the new Baton Rouge at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2024, 7:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Baton Rouge restaurant - current status:

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 11:44 AM

What a difference it will make to this area once the Crown gets their exterior facelift and the baton rouge is completed.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
What a difference it will make to this area once the Crown gets their exterior facelift and the baton rouge is completed.
I hope they do actually get a facelift, that building is in need of it. The inside has had many renos, so it’s time the outside gets some love as well.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I hope they do actually get a facelift, that building is in need of it. The inside has had many renos, so it’s time the outside gets some love as well.
\\

Agreed. The outside looks like a government office from the 70's or a detention centre.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 4:51 PM

Every time I see a post about this part of downtown, I can't help but think about 1222 Main Street. Such an eyesore in a very visible and prominent location. You'd think that Crombie would step up and develop this property. And there's also the land between it and the Avenir Center, including the old telegraph building. (another real eyesore)

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 4:31 PM

Baton Rouge, I'm extremely underwhelmed. I thought the width of the restaurant was going to reach The Bunkers, or close to it. Oh well!

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 4:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
Baton Rouge, I'm extremely underwhelmed. I thought the width of the restaurant was going to reach The Bunkers, or close to it. Oh well!
I agree. I hope they have an expansive patio for summertime dining, but, we'll see.

Old Posted May 6, 2024, 7:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tomato Building now topped out at six floors.

Old Posted May 6, 2024, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Tomato Building now topped out at six floors.

At least it didn’t turn out to be wood framed as previously rumoured.

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 11:39 AM

That Tomato building is turning out to be an impressive structure. As you drive towards it from the Jones Lake area it fills in that area quite nicely.

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
That Tomato building is turning out to be an impressive structure. As you drive towards it from the Jones Lake area it fills in that area quite nicely.
I agree. Especially when you consider what that corner looked like before. It'll be a major improvement, and bring more people to the neighborhood.

Yes it would have been great if the developer would have stuck with his original 10 floor plan, but when it's completed this will a great addition.

For their next phase, I just hope the Junction developers come up with something great across the street!

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 1:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Moncton considers rezoning house near (Moncton) hospital for cancer support centre
Moncton council approved first reading of bylaw, public hearing set for June 3
Shane Magee · CBC News · Posted: May 07, 2024 6:00 AM ADT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ning-1.7195887

Quote:
Moncton council is considering rezoning land near a hospital so it can be used as a support facility for people affected by cancer.

Councillors gave first reading Monday evening to a bylaw to rezone 166 MacBeath Ave. for community use, which would allow a non-medical treatment centre offering support services. The property, currently zoned for residential use, is less than a block from the Moncton Hospital.
Quote:
Plans for the site show an addition on the rear of the existing building and a small parking lot on the north side of the property.

Bill Budd, the city's director of planning and development, said the facility would accommodate no more than 15 people at a time.

"The only major change will be a new sign identifying the cancer treatment centre," Budd said while showing plans for the facade.

Well, this seems like a no brainer to me!

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 2:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have just about finished the first floor concrete work on the fourth of the eleven buildings scheduled for the Franklyn Yards on Millenium Blvd.

This construction site is a real assembly line.......

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They have just about finished the first floor concrete work on the fourth of the eleven buildings scheduled for the Franklyn Yards on Millenium Blvd.

This construction site is a real assembly line.......
Feels like this project - I drive by daily - hasn't gotten much attention, at least not relative to its scope. It's huge, and the first completed building - already inhabited - is more impressive than I was expecting. (I run in Centennial Park, and was initially quite against this development, but have warmed to it... a bit.)

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 1:07 AM
Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisVillis View Post
Feels like this project - I drive by daily - hasn't gotten much attention, at least not relative to its scope. It's huge, and the first completed building - already inhabited - is more impressive than I was expecting. (I run in Centennial Park, and was initially quite against this development, but have warmed to it... a bit.)
Buildings and landscaping look nice it's the surface parking that really disappoints.

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Buildings and landscaping look nice it's the surface parking that really disappoints.
Are they planning underground parking for any of the later buildings or are they all going to be surface parking lots?

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Are they planning underground parking for any of the later buildings or are they all going to be surface parking lots?
The listing on CG Group Website for 352 and 332 shows underground parking as an option?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces