HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 10:32 AM

have they broken ground on the pavilions? i thought they had passed the groundbreaking date with no work being started?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 4:04 PM

more good news for downtown

The Planet, formerly EV1.net, is moving its headquarters from Dallas to Houston and leasing 70,000 square feet of space at the new Bayou Place office extension. They will also be opening some type of 10,000 square foot retail/showroom space.

http://www.houston.bizjournals.com/h...19/story3.html

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 4:32 PM

The vacancy rate keeps on falling. Good news for Houston. Another company to add to its portfolio, too.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 4:45 PM
H-town Baller

Whiteco Development has plans to construct twin 35-story towers in Uptown, according to this blurb from the HBJ (it's a subscription-only article).

The success of the Dominion Post Oak apartment building has inspired the developer to add another pair of posh residential towers to the Galleria skyline.

Whiteco Residential LLC plans construction of two buildings, each up to 35 stories tall, with a total of 550 rental apartments.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 4:49 PM
H-town Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis4559 View Post
have they broken ground on the pavilions? i thought they had passed the groundbreaking date with no work being started?
The February 5, 2007 date that was mentioned back in November was an estimate, nothing official, as they still needed to secure permits to commence with construction from the C.O.H., and the subsequent meeting that was to have allowed for that was backlogged with other issues and they put it off until the following meeting at the end of January. This caused the ground breaking to shift. As of now, next week is the expected "official" ground breaking.

They've roped off the parking lot furthest east (as well as taken up the fare kiosks) and have closed off some parking spots in the middle lot for work crews and the like. So work will certainly be beginning in the not-so-distant future.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 9:08 PM

The Pavilions groundbreaking is supposedly 2/27/07...at least I think that's what's on HAIF.

I saw some workers on the easternmost (House of Blues) lot last weekend.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I have heard that the Park Tower is about ten feet deep now. What does the Pavilions look like now?
yes, i saw the park tower site today and its about 10 feet. from the same view, part of discovery green looks more like 15 feet

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:07 PM

Turnberry rendering

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:11 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
The Planet, formerly EV1.net, is moving its headquarters from Dallas to Houston and leasing 70,000 square feet of space at the new Bayou Place office extension. They will also be opening some type of 10,000 square foot retail/showroom space.

http://www.houston.bizjournals.com/h...19/story3.html
I used to work at EV1 in greenspoint..

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:46 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
Turnberry rendering

uninspiring but hey, at least it's tall. where is this thing going exactly? between the foley's garage and the waterwall?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:54 PM
H-town Baller

That sounds about right, as far as the location goes.

And I keep laughing because that's pretty much exactly how I pictured the building. It's maybe a little wider than I'd envisioned but everything else--vertical lines, the crown, etc-- are as expected.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 7:25 PM

The rendering for the Turnberry is very similar to the Dominion Post Oak, which in and of itself is not bad, but with the owners of Dominion planning on two more towers, we could end up with relatively the same four towers within several blocks of each other.

I'm personally hoping for a little more glass in the final design.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 7:41 PM

It looks pretty much like 90% of all of Turnberry's highrises. It's neither good nor bad. It is just sort of there.

That said, this looks a lot nicer to me than the Dominion. The Dominion and the 1200 Post Oak just look like apartment complexes to me (which they are).

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 10:43 PM

park tower

here is the park tower site... lots of stuff going on. you can't see the pit in the pics i took (can't get close enough, everything is fenced off)

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 11:01 PM

I'm liking it. Were you able to swing on over to the Pavilions site?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 12:10 AM

no but i will try to tomorrow

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 1:24 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Town View Post
The rendering for the Turnberry is very similar to the Dominion Post Oak, which in and of itself is not bad, but with the owners of Dominion planning on two more towers, we could end up with relatively the same four towers within several blocks of each other.

I'm personally hoping for a little more glass in the final design.
dominion? are you sure you don't mean 1200 post oak? the building near four oaks place. dominion is narrow(er) and has a pitched roof. either way, where would the two new buildings go?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
dominion? are you sure you don't mean 1200 post oak? the building near four oaks place. dominion is narrow(er) and has a pitched roof. either way, where would the two new buildings go?
Dohh! I've been spouting out "Dominion" all day and it's the 1200 Post Oak. I was on HAIF this morning and started on a thread regarding the owners Of Dominion and got my wires crossed.

Anyway I believe the Turnberry will be on Hildago, just West of the water wall and across the street from the newly constructed Empire.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 2:54 PM
H-town Baller

Man, I drove through the Warehouse District east of DT and they're really putting together a rash of new residential over there. It's kind of like where Fourth Ward was in 1999. If I had a scanner, I'd post pictures.

The down side is that a large percentage of the new townhome construction (not so much the warehouse conversions) are Perry Homes developments.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 7:52 PM

That will look funny so close to Williams and the waterwall will have development on all four sides. I bet these guys will still get their car out the Turnberry garage and drive to Nordstrom next door. I forgot what is on the east side of the lawn. The Park Tower was pretty quick. What's Finger's secret?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations