HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 11:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Is the 1,003' height for that tower "official" by the majority of accepted definitions; and do the DOB filings reflect this?
The DOB height is a specific point in the building, not the total height of a structure. So, in the case of One57, its still 953 ft to that point. Of course, the total height of that building will be 1,005 ft, but remember that the upper space is not occupied. Here's the latest filing for One57, which is still listed at 953 ft.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 3:46 AM

Given that fact, 1420 ft or even somewhat more is entirely realistic for a roof height.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 2:40 PM

There is a nice little note on the webcam now...cant wait to see this start rising.

They are unloading a ton of dirt today so far, anytime I have looked at the cam more trucks are pulling in and our

Last edited by MrSlippery519; Apr 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:00 PM

I say they should just go for it and break the Sears tower roof height, which, not counting the equipment shed on top is like 1442' or so...

25 more feet ought to do it...

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
I say they should just go for it and break the Sears tower roof height, which, not counting the equipment shed on top is like 1442' or so...

Assuming the height difference between the DOB filing and the final roof height (52 feet) is the same in One57 and 432 Park, then this building would have a roof height of 1449 feet.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post

1. They don't care about roof height.

Last edited by Guiltyspark; Apr 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 4:13 AM
them bones

It's totally amazing to me that so many forumers think that the height of a tower is just some arbitrary number that the can architects pick or haphazardly manipulate.

The only place off the top of my head where that has ever happened was with the new OneWTC Tower. And that 'symbolic' height isn't even the correct one (measured from the lowest entry).

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 4:48 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
It's totally amazing to me that so many forumers think that the height of a tower is just some arbitrary number that the can architects pick or haphazardly manipulate.

The only place off the top of my head where that has ever happened was with the new OneWTC Tower. And that 'symbolic' height isn't even the correct one (measured from the lowest entry).

Buildings can add height before they start construction, it happens in Asia all the time. Who do you think chooses the height? It's the developer and architects etc. who are usually given a height range, they can make it however tall they want. And with a 1700 foot limit they may as well just pass Sears to have the US's second highest building. I'm assuming the DOB lists 1397 as the top floor, so hopefully it will.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post

Well, what about the height battle between the ESB and Chrysler which resulted in modifications after the buildings were under construction?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:40 AM
New Yorker for life

A little patience folks. All will be confirmed at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
And with a 1700 foot limit they may as well just pass Sears to have the US's second highest building.
I don't think they're concerned about that. For one thing, it's in another town. The original WTC and Sears Tower were built with the realization that increased height would make them the tallest, but that's not a concern now. Also, if they simply wanted a "second" tallest, a spire would do the trick.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 11:38 AM
New Yorker for life

www.432park.com

Quote:
On September 26th we began excavating the construction site for 432 Park Avenue.

Simultaneously, we strategically installed cameras overlooking the site so that our friends and supporters would be able to watch our extraordinary building taking shape.

Well, we thank you. Now give us some extraordinary renderings!

(cam shot, April 6, 2012)

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 12:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Inevitable complaint:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Ov...key=0001509232

04/02/2012

Quote:
FOR THE PAST TWO THREE MONTHS, CONSTRUCTION AT 440 PARK AVE BEGINS AT 6AM AND REACHES 110 - 120 DB(A) ALMOST IMMEDIATELY THIS IS A SEVERE VIOLATION OF THE CURRENT NOISE CODE

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 1:22 AM

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 8:02 PM

As a nearby neighbor, I'm hoping this thing gets built, but I still haven't heard that financing has been secured by CIM. Anyone know?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:05 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkCorridor View Post
As a nearby neighbor, I'm hoping this thing gets built, but I still haven't heard that financing has been secured by CIM. Anyone know?
Haven't heard a word on financing. They'll probably begin construction before getting full financing though, a process similar to the rise of One57. Anyway, they are blasting again, so haven't been able to check out the cam.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:42 AM

I made another photomontage demonstrating the evolution of the NYC skyline over the next few decades. I went a little crazy with this one, including some visionary proposals. It is pretty incredible how much of an impact 432 Park has on the skyline. EDIT: I may have made this tower a bit too tall in this one however...

Original Photo Source: ill-padrino www.matthiashaker.com

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 6:16 AM

Great job!!

What a transformation! Hopefully it looks like that way before 2030.

How about 56 Leonard?! 99 Church Street too!

Last edited by NYguy; Apr 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:26 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post

Won't have much of a visual impact from that vantage point. Anyway, another cool mockup. Since they haven't released any official renderings, it's nice to get a look at some skyline impact.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 3:51 PM
DENNAB

It will look like that well before 2030

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:00 PM

Just a correction... 255 Sixth Avenue, should be 855 Sixth Avenue. And I just made up a massing for that one like 225 57th Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post
56 Leonard and 99 Church would barely be visible from this vantage given the haze. But yeah, they should be in there too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan
It will look like that well before 2030
Just playing it safe!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive