HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2012, 7:24 PM
J_Murphy's Avatar
J_Murphy J_Murphy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
Yeah, are they working on the inside of these buildings?? There is no way they will even be close to ready by next year if they haven't started yet. They have to build to large portions onto MIX. they haven't started but they still say it will be opened next year? They better get an early start in the spring!!!
My guess is maybe they are waiting to sell enough units first before taking on the big work?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:04 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
December 28, 2012

__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:07 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,656
you should get a pic from duckworth street as well next time or another angel. Also the building to the left of the site is their little project headquarters, if you sneek a peek in the window you can see plans on the walls and their posters etc.
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:12 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
Here you go, taken just a couple of days ago:



__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:13 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Here you go, taken just a couple of days ago:



tanks ... well i suppose i could just drag my ass out of the house and walk down the road to take a look hahahaha but its not so nice out today
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:15 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
It's miserable. And it's so heavy and sloppy. Yech.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 2:13 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
January 5, 2013

The Henry-Bell Condo Complex.

The Marconi Building, with the Metro Park and Mirador Building under construction:



The MIX Building, the Marconi Building, the Metro Park, and the Mirador Building:



__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 10:16 PM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,799
I guess they will build the other half later, that seems to be an unusual method.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 10:47 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,772
Maybe they only need half the spaces in the lot to be able to open MIX and Marconi and will build the other half with the mirador project? Seems strange but I guess that's a possibility.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 10:52 PM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,799
Well it depends on where the ramps are located, as to whether they could do that or not. So far I don't see any ramps.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:45 PM
J_Murphy's Avatar
J_Murphy J_Murphy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,136
There was some noticable progress on this site this morning. Forms are going up for the next level and looks like they are expanding at ground level towards Bell St. with the footings.

What is going on with Mirador? They are advertising a lot for Mix and Marconi, but not Mirador.

Edit: perhaps we can add this link to the beginning of the thread: http://www.livedowntownstjohns.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:46 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
Here's my most recent:

January 14, 2013

__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:46 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
Maybe Mirador is mostly sold? They might have done that before starting construction.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:49 PM
J_Murphy's Avatar
J_Murphy J_Murphy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Maybe Mirador is mostly sold? They might have done that before starting construction.
I was thinking to opposite, maybe they are waiting to see how sales of the other two do first to see if the demand is there for Mirador. Either way, they still have to build the parking structure for Mix and Marconi. Even the http://www.livedowntownstjohns.com/ webiste has nothing on Mirador.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:50 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
There was some noticable progress on this site this morning. Forms are going up for the next level and looks like they are expanding at ground level towards Bell St. with the footings.

What is going on with Mirador? They are advertising a lot for Mix and Marconi, but not Mirador.

Edit: perhaps we can add this link to the beginning of the thread: http://www.livedowntownstjohns.com/
I believe that Mirador is a phase two or three in the development, like after everything else that's why they are not advertising for it.

We will most likely see MIX with Marconi and metro park (I keep fooling up the name of the garage) standing alone for a while before they build mirador
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:50 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
Well, you're wrong.

Kidding. That's very possible, I suppose. Not my area of expertise.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:52 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,656
send them a message on Facebook, I'm sure they will be happy to respond then let us know
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 4:53 PM
J_Murphy's Avatar
J_Murphy J_Murphy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Well, you're wrong.

Kidding. That's very possible, I suppose. Not my area of expertise.
No, you're wrong!



Just kidding of course, not my area of expertise either. Anyways, I hope they are very successful in selling every single unit in all three of these developments!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 7:02 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,772
Yeah, I think Mirador is another phase of the project to be started/completed later. MetroPark, Mix, and Marconi will be standing alone for a while. I hope there is great demand for all the condos though
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 7:03 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: See post below...
Posts: 25,463
Me too. They'd be my dream come true if the prices were more afforable. I just can't justify paying what a condo costs in most Canadian cities of 500,000+ for one here, though.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.