HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 10:25 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
If you expand your horizons to include the rest of North America, there are many cities of any size that have a great wealth of impressive neighbourhoods that stand up to Montreal or Toronto. And the historic parts can be a much higher proportion of the town (25-90%) than what you see in Montreal or Toronto.
We're talking at cross-purposes here, and you seem to be taking the thread on a tangent. That there is better urban architecture in a place like Boston than there is in Toronto isn't the point.

Other than the obvious ones, what smaller cities in North America have something like thirty or more truly distinctive, unique neighbourhoods like Toronto and Montreal do? I can't really think of any, but I'm not an expert on every single place out there like Omaha or Denver. Still, though, unless I'm totally out to lunch, I can't imagine that Pittsburgh has anything close to what Toronto has, i.e. the contrast of going from Little India to Kensington, the Beaches to Yorkville, the Danforth to West Queen West, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada