HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Light in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Kansas City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
Dedicated KC Thread

Someone in KC should start a KC thread for the City Compilations page......KC is the only Midwest city without one!

I'm sure there are plenty of other projects ongoing in KC (I know of the Park Place development in Leawood, the new IKEA, Mission Farms expansion in Leawood, Overland Park retail/residential projects south of 135th St., general changes in the Country Club Plaza, P&L District enhancements, etc.).

It would be great to track their progress on here!
Interesting idea. Kansas City is indeed way underrepresented on this site. All people interested in the city and its developments stick to kcrag.com. For some reason most active members of the site do not post here. I find it fun and informative to spend time on this site. It's good to look at what is going on outside of our communities.

That being said, I could try to create a city compilation page. Sounds like an exhausting job, but somebody should do it. I will attempt if I get some time.

And hopefully more KC people start posting on SSP. Would make things way more fun

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:31 AM

I started a KC thread under the "City Compilations" tab. I've not heard of kcrag.com. I will have to check it out.....

I think that since One Light already has a thread here, further postings about it should continue to stay on this thread......

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 5:15 AM
designer&stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
I started a KC thread under the "City Compilations" tab. I've not heard of kcrag.com. I will have to check it out.....

I think that since One Light already has a thread here, further postings about it should continue to stay on this thread......
Thanks for starting one. I usually check out kcrag for development news, but I do find the forum design somewhat tedious at times.
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:50 PM

Groundbreaking tomorrow!

So who's excited about the One Light groundbreaking tomorrow? I have a feeling it's the start of something big.

http://m.powerandlightdistrict.com/e...aking-ceremony

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 12:02 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwill89 View Post
So who's excited about the One Light groundbreaking tomorrow? I have a feeling it's the start of something big.

http://m.powerandlightdistrict.com/e...aking-ceremony
I am very excited.

-sb

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 4:06 AM

Groundbreaking was postponed due to weather, and rescheduled for Tuesday the 22nd. Luckily construction is supposedly going to start tomorrow, with the "groundbreaking" taking place well after the official breaking of ground. At least that's the way it looks to be. They better start doing work tomorrow by god lol! This has taken long enough. No more delays!

I stopped by today not realizing it had been postponed, and I was going to say "man they aren't doing any work at all" lol. I figured they were just being lazy, but yea it was pretty cold today. Not too surprising.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 11:13 PM

Earth is officially being moved! This lot is no longer a parking lot, and now a big dirt patch. Time to become a building!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 1:57 AM

Update: Lot is still just dirt. So far work has been a little slow, but with good weather expected I imagine things are about to pick up this week.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 2:25 AM

I found some new renderings today @ KMBC.com.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/25605246

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 2:48 AM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

Awesome news KC!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 3:19 AM

Kudos to my childhood home!!! I hope this leads to additional towers being built in DT KCMO. I really wish Cerner would have built their corporate HQ downtown.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 7:30 PM

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergie View Post
Kudos to my childhood home!!! I hope this leads to additional towers being built in DT KCMO. I really wish Cerner would have built their corporate HQ downtown.

Yea Cerner building downtown would have been HUGE. Really annoying that they would choose to build a freaking office park. The positive of course is that they are building in a down trodden inner suburban area, so hopefully they will help turn the area around. Still, they could have built a couple very large buildings downtown and made a huge impact. I'm pretty sure most of their employees would have preferred it too. For shame.

Also, these new renderings coming out and the video all show the building to be seemingly too short. I'm not sure if this is the actual projected height of the building, but based on number of floors this building should definitely be taller than the H&R Block building. Even with the floors being shorter because they are residential, it should end up being at least 50 feet taller than H&R Block. So I don't know. Hopefully they aren't going with some crazy short floors. I want this building to actually make an impact on the skyline!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 6:06 PM
Chairman

*bump*

Any photos updates for this development? Can someone familiar with this development provide any type of update?

-sb

Last edited by shakman; Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 5:46 PM

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 5:52 PM

From the architect's FB Page:

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 7:50 PM

Just put my deposit down this month, can't wait! I wish this thread had more people on it....hoping for some good neighbors.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 8:33 PM

Exterior work is complete, mostly interior finishes going on now.

KCBJ toured the building a few months ago, first residents move in late Nov.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...-in-nears.html

c/o One Light's Facebook Page

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 2:44 AM

https://www.morningstar.com/news/pr-...d-opening.html

Quote:
The Cordish Companies And One Light Luxury Apartments Celebrate Grand Opening

The Cordish Companies and the Kansas City Power & Light District officially celebrated the opening of One Light Luxury Apartments on Tuesday, December 8, 2015, with a Grand Opening extravaganza featuring remarks by the Cordish Family, the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and Mayor Sly James. Entertainment at the event was provided by the nationally renowned local performance art group Quixotic, and hors-d'oeuvres and beverages were provided by a variety of Power & Light District dining establishments.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive