HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2018 in Buffalo, New York

Buffalo has been portrayed in recent tourist literature as an underrated gem. Even in the city, they talk about revitalization. Downtown has a lot of nice art deco buildings from a glorious recent past that are worth a visit. After a 14-year hiatus, I returned to see how their rebirth continues. I seemed to be the only tourist in town.

City Hall has intricate interior decor and a free observation deck to get your bearings.

With clear, blue skies, Niagara Falls' skyline is easily identifiable. A public bus leaves from Buffalo's downtown to near the Canadian border, taking almost an hour.

Downtown's radial street pattern is quite unique and shows the planners had a grand plan for this boomtown when the Erie Canal and Niagara Falls kept the ships and rails going.

Many buildings were devoted to the legal profession. This one didn't allow photography inside, although it is still worth a poke, seeing the courtroom where a presidential assassin was tried.

Grand churches continue to operate.

The Guaranty Building has a small museum inside showcasing the architectural highlights. Visitors are allowed on the ground floor, and there was plenty to see and amaze already. Hillary Clinton once kept an office here as Senator.

A few blocks down, staff chased after me to sign a waiver that I'm photographing this beautiful courtyard for personal purposes.

More on my website, which has been extensively updated with much more of Buffalo!

http://www.globalphotos.org/buffalo.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos