HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 5:31 AM

Brighton 27J School District will be going to a split schedule in their two high schools due to overcrowding. A third high school was rejected in a 2014 bond measure.

Freshman and Sophomores will attend from 7:00 am to 2:22 pm, while Juniors and Seniors will attend from 9:48 am to 5:10 pm.

27J covers an area stretching 20-30 drive-miles to the east of the schools, which translates into a 60-75 minute bus ride for the students living at the extremities of the district after including time to loop around to everyone's house through sparsely populated rural areas. In other words, in order to drop off Freshman and Sophomores at 6:45 am (with a 15-minute grace window to accommodate delays), the first students on the route will need to be picked up between 5:30-5:45 a.m.

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will be until 27J returns to the ballot for funds to construct additional schools? At the rate of Commerce City growth they should probably be asking for funds for two high schools to be constructed at the same time!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
of Gnomeregan

Well with the Rockies now on pace to be 7-155 for the year I feel like it's partially my fault. Every single year right about the time my friend tells me they are doing well "this year" (They can pitch! They have good situational hitting! Their defense is so good!) and I give in a subscribe to MLB.tv to start watching the games. I did it earlier than usual this year right before the Dodgers series and they haven't won (or even looked like a reasonable challenge for the college world series) since.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:16 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Stop being a Cubs fan, Brain. You should damn well know that we always tank by May 1.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:49 PM
of Gnomeregan

It takes until mid June some years.. that was my logic.. a couple months of good baseball followed by the inevitable. oh well.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:23 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
It takes until mid June some years.. that was my logic.. a couple months of good baseball followed by the inevitable. oh well.
My flowchart for baseball goes like this:

Do the Rockies have pitching? ----> Yes ----> LOL, try again.
|
|
V
No
|
|
V
Welp, go to games, enjoy the party deck, and enjoy the other 8 players on the field.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Well with the Rockies now on pace to be 7-155 for the year I feel like it's partially my fault. Every single year right about the time my friend tells me they are doing well "this year" (They can pitch! They have good situational hitting! Their defense is so good!) and I give in a subscribe to MLB.tv to start watching the games. I did it earlier than usual this year right before the Dodgers series and they haven't won (or even looked like a reasonable challenge for the college world series) since.
And if you're a MLBtv subscriber (like me) since they're out of market it's fun to see Coors Field along with the Rockies and even the rockies at times. But who can forget sourthern Colorado? What the heck, Someday Soon.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:47 PM
of Gnomeregan

100% accurate!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 3:24 AM
Denver

Yeah I pretty much just buy the cheapest ticket I can get and go enjoy the summer weather on the party deck, while drinking 10 dollar IPAs

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 10:50 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
And if you're a MLBtv subscriber (like me) since they're out of market it's fun to see Coors Field along with the Rockies and even the rockies at times. But who can forget sourthern Colorado? What the heck, Someday Soon.
That's how I watch too.. it was fun (other than the baseball... and I didn't get to watch last night so they won of course) to see the stadium without the view spoiled by anyone besides the immediate family members of the players watching the game.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 12:32 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Last night's game was fun - not just that they won, but how they won. Cold as hell though in that ballpark. I think I might be okay just watching them lose in July.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 5:45 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

But would you enjoy baseball if the Varsity circuit loses their way and introduces a DH?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
But would you enjoy baseball if the Varsity circuit loses their way and introduces a DH?
Of course not.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 1:26 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Boise Foothills Spring Wildflowers

Two varieties ~
Centaurea cyanus aka Bachelor’s button
June 2015

Balsamorhiza sagittata aka Arrowleaf balsamroot
May 2014

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Jun 4, 2015 at 1:40 AM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 7:12 PM
Denver

nice photos. crazy that it looks like summer in Boise, and half the trees in denver are still budding

Old Posted Jun 15, 2015, 1:16 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
nice photos. crazy that it looks like summer in Boise, and half the trees in denver are still budding
Thanks Scottk. The budd variance may be the result of the elevation difference between Boise and Denver.

Boise is 2730 and Denver is 5,278 per Wikipedia. You guys are a lot higher than us

The trees along the woody Boise River are in full bloom.
This is a stretch through downtown I shot yesterday. (The building on the right is part of the BSU campus).

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 8:16 PM

That river is so beautiful and such a great city amenity. I hope to make it up there this summer for a relatives wedding and take some time to float it and explore more of the parks and greenbelt.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 4:08 AM
Honored Member

Idaho Falls Beer Fest - 25th Anniversary?

Did anyone attend the 25th Beer Fest in Idaho Falls earlier this month? About 7,000 did. Record number of entries from everything from Commercial Brewers to local pubs (a Boise one did well) to entries by home brewers. If you went, what did you like best?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 7:18 PM
cities|transit|croissants

NASA image showing the size of two of Pluto's moons:

This image shows the approximate sizes of Pluto's moons Nix and Hydra as compared to the city of Denver, Colorado. The moons are depicted as circles here, but scientists say their true, irregular shapes will be revealed by NASA's New Horizons spacecraft after its July 14 flyby.
Credit: JHUAPL/Google

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 8:15 PM

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 8:49 PM

So f*cking epic:
https://vimeo.com/131079807

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West