HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:09 PM

State-owned Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala, has bagged this year's Manthan Award for India's Best e-Content 2007 in the e-education category.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/118110.html

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 1:32 AM

The Ministry of Defence (Directorate of Public Relations), the Southern Air Command and Doordarshan, Thiruvananthapuram, have jointly produced a 26-minute documentary reflecting the history and detailing the future role of the SAC.

Doordarshan (Thiruvananthapuram) Assistant Director Sajan. G has directed the documentary.

The documentary traces the birth and evolution of the SAC, the youngest command of the IAF. It has been shot at various IAF bases including Sulur, Suryalanka, Car Nicobar, Mysore and Agati.

The documentary will be aired on Doordarshan on October 7 at 7.30 a.m.

Doordarshan Malayalam will air the documentary on October 7 at 8 p.m. and also on October 8 (Air Force Day) at 8 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/10/04/stor...0461820500.htm

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 8:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santhosh View Post
Hi Sathyala

What is the use of this Amrita, Asianet etc channels reality programs? These so callled Malayalam channels trying to promote Tamil in Kerala. It is not going to create new job opportunity or any improvement to our language or culture. Whatever the money they spend for this program is going for the development of Tamil Language and Tamil movie/music industry only.

We should NOT promote this kind of channels in Kerala.

Santhosh
=======================================
Yes, i do have same opnion. these channels are killing the culture.(Already lost in TVM as most of TVMite prefer to watch pandi films/songs now-a-days)

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 9:41 AM

Unemployment levels in Kerala decline as services sector picks up
Many of the jobs created by the private sector have been in services, says K.K. George, an economist who advises the Kerala Planning Board. Thiruvananthapuram and, to a lesser extent, Kochi have emerged popular destinations for IT companies wishing to set up development centres.
http://www.livemint.com/2007/10/0400...in-Kerala.html

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 10:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyalal View Post
Unemployment levels in Kerala decline as services sector picks up
Many of the jobs created by the private sector have been in services, says K.K. George, an economist who advises the Kerala Planning Board. Thiruvananthapuram and, to a lesser extent, Kochi have emerged popular destinations for IT companies wishing to set up development centres.
http://www.livemint.com/2007/10/0400...in-Kerala.html
It would have very less if there were/are no hartals and bundhs

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 11:55 AM

On Oct 7th this will be shown in national channel too..
Quote:
The documentary will be aired on Doordarshan on October 7 at 7.30 a.m.

Doordarshan Malayalam will air the documentary on October 7 at 8 p.m. and also on October 8 (Air Force Day) at 8 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/10/04/stor...0461820500.htm

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 12:14 PM

Importance of Malayalam

I do not know whu the Malayalees not fighting against this. If it go like this, our Malayalam will disappear from Kerala.

Please fight against it. I started writing in all web sites possible to fight against this Tamil promotion. Please join with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venadu_king View Post
Yes, i do have same opnion. these channels are killing the culture.(Already lost in TVM as most of TVMite prefer to watch pandi films/songs now-a-days)

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 1:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santhosh View Post
I do not know whu the Malayalees not fighting against this. If it go like this, our Malayalam will disappear from Kerala.

Please fight against it. I started writing in all web sites possible to fight against this Tamil promotion. Please join with me.
what u can do is go ahead and post msgs in respective websites of these TV channels. They promote no just Tamil , but also Hindi pgms also . I request them is to start a multilingual channel and start airing Tamil , Hindi pgms etc. But keep those pgms away from main channels

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 2:29 PM

already doing the same. But response from this channels. I need a group of people of the same viewpoint to fight against this.

============================================
Quote:
what u can do is go ahead and post msgs in respective websites of these TV channels. They promote no just Tamil , but also Hindi pgms also . I request them is to start a multilingual channel and start airing Tamil , Hindi pgms etc. But keep those pgms away from main channels

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 2:05 AM

This is not the right place to discuss Tamil/Malayalam issues. So please find some other forumn or create some dedicated thread for it

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 3:27 AM

Guys, please try not to let conversation here turn into ethnic/racial debates. Let's concentrate on development and urbanism, not ethnic conflict!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 5:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
This is not the right place to discuss Tamil/Malayalam issues. So please find some other forumn or create some dedicated thread for it
Neeyum oru paandiyanalle?

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 5:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Guys, please try not to let conversation here turn into ethnic/racial debates. Let's concentrate on development and urbanism, not ethnic conflict!
Yes, its not a gud idea to continue this discussion here.
Santhosh , please join www.forumkerala.com. lets continue there

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 5:59 AM

Admin, Please note this guy and see how he behaves..

This was expected from him when I first saw his user id. See the low level of language and his hatred.

Quote:
Neeyum oru paandiyanalle?

Last edited by Sathyalal; Oct 5, 2007 at 6:09 AM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 7:01 AM

I placed my message here because I know that people who like the development of kerala will only visit this site. Other guys will definitly will never visit this site. Development is not just the new buildings or projects, our langauge and culture should also develop and recognize. Then only we can say kerala is developed.

I will not continue my discussion here. But will watch daily this site for new developments in TVM/Kochi.

Quote:

This was expected from him when I first saw his user id. See the low level of language and his hatred.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 8:48 AM

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Kerala-based mobile media and entertainment startup, MobMe, has developed carrier grade open source voice solutions, offering low-cost voice solutions to a host of users.

Open Voice-TM, as the solution is called, is a package based on open source Asterisk platform, allowing enterprise grade voice solutions for mobile operators, call centres, corporates, interactive response systems, radio and television stations.

The biggest attraction of the solution would be its cost effectiveness, as it is based on Linus using Linux-based PCs and hardware, MobMe CEO Sanjay Vijayakumar said in a press release here today.

MobMe, floated by Torque Technology Solutions launched by engineering students as a technology incubative startup, had raised investment from NRI angel investors at the technology exhibition GITEX held in Dubai recently, the release said

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2431394.cms

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 10:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Nobody discrimated against any race. But tried to discuss about the pathetic situation of language and culture. But no need to continie4 such discssion here. i wud like to concentrate on Dev news only.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 10:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks for ur apreciation

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 12:37 PM

YSC Engineering Services India Pvt Ltd - a subsidiary of Yanbu Steel, K.S.A, a world class engineering firm has opened its new design & engineering facility at C-3, Thejaswini on 26th of September 2007. YSC started it's operation in India as an incubation Company in Nila during September 2005.

General Manager of Yanbu Steel Company Mr. David MacPhee inaugurated the expanded facility in the presence of Mr. Binu Pappan (CEO, YSC India) Mr. M.Vasudevan (Business Development Manager, Technopark), Mr. K Ramachandran (Dy. General Manager P&A, Technopark) & Mr.Ranjith Karthikeyan (Chartered Accountant, YSC India)

This 4600 Sq.ft unit will cater to the specialized engineering solutions for Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical & Fertilizer industries.

Source: Technopark Campus notes

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 2:16 PM

NABARD

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India