HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 2:17 AM
Go Chiefs!

Nhl 2013-2014

Talk about irony...

Alain Vigneault and John Tortorella switch places. And both with 5 years deals as well. I wonder if they switched houses?.

Last edited by Nicko999; Jun 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 2:28 AM

Flyers aren't wasting any time getting rid of Bryzgalov. Maybe this opens the door for a Luongo move to Philly. In any event, I hope Luongo's gone in short order.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle12802391/

Regarding our new coach... I always liked Torts. I understand him. He's definitely not the second coming of Mike Keenan, as some here in the media have stated.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 5:33 AM
Community Guy

MacT is claiming to be serious about trading a top six or 2 for size and speed.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 12:24 PM

The Bernier move for the Leafs has left me somewhat confused. It seemed management had put their full faith in Reimer and he played a great season up until the last 10 minutes of game 7. Now they have two goalies who appear to be of a similar skill level and what could be the start of yet another goaltending controversy.

I thought Bernier would be a great move for Edmonton, getting a goaltender for cheap because he plays behind one of the best in the world. I wonder if they will pursue Bryzgalov if the price is right. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing Eberle or RNH shipped out for some defense or goaltending.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 1:38 PM
DRINK

It's going to be fun watching the Oiler/Flames/Canucks.....all will be very interesting for totally different reasons.

The Oilers are going to be a playoff team....how good depends on MacT making a bold move or two. I expect them to go into the second round.

Flames. Well, giggle.

Canucks will start off strong, but Tort's attitude will turn that experiment sour very quick. did I read that right....a five year contract?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 1:40 PM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
The Oilers are going to be a playoff team....how good depends on MacT making a bold move or two. I expect them to go into the second round.
Well, giggle.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 2:42 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
It's going to be fun watching the Oiler/Flames/Canucks.....all will be very interesting for totally different reasons.

Flames. Well, giggle.

Canucks will start off strong, but Tort's attitude will turn that experiment sour very quick. did I read that right....a five year contract?
It's going to be difficult to tell who will make the playoffs this year. The game schedule is going to change. One thing I'm going to say that will directly benefit the season: less Minnesota games! Whoo!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 6:42 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
MacT is claiming to be serious about trading a top six or 2 for size and speed.
As long as it isn't Eberle or Hall. And prefereably not Yakapov based on what I saw this abbreviated season.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 10:01 PM

Finally, Detroit is where it should be, with TO, MTL and BOS.

I feel bad for Winnipeg fans though, you guys get zero Canadian teams in your division.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 3:33 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
Finally, Detroit is where it should be, with TO, MTL and BOS.

I feel bad for Winnipeg fans though, you guys get zero Canadian teams in your division.
Excited to watch Datsyuk more often. I just hope he doesn't score too often on us.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
As long as it isn't Eberle or Hall. And prefereably not Yakapov based on what I saw this abbreviated season.
Couldn't agree more about Yakupov. He's a keeper. A few years down the road, we should have quite a highlight package from "Yaks". Here's just the start of things to come...

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
The Bernier move for the Leafs has left me somewhat confused. It seemed management had put their full faith in Reimer and he played a great season up until the last 10 minutes of game 7. Now they have two goalies who appear to be of a similar skill level and what could be the start of yet another goaltending controversy.

I thought Bernier would be a great move for Edmonton, getting a goaltender for cheap because he plays behind one of the best in the world. I wonder if they will pursue Bryzgalov if the price is right. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing Eberle or RNH shipped out for some defense or goaltending.
I don't know if anyone will pursue Bryz, that guy is cancer on a team. I expect him to end up in the KHL next year with all his childish antics.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 5:25 AM

Quote:

The Oilers are going to be a playoff team
Weren't you guys saying that a year ago?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 12:21 PM

Although the prospects that Philly got from the Kings are looking very promising, it's hard to believe that they could have Bobrovsky as well as Carter and Richards if they didn't sign Bryz.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 1:44 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Most said that the oilers would be playing meaningfull games in the last couple weeks of the season. For a brief peroid, that was the case.

They had a really shitty streak in the first half of the season that made it really difficult to catch up...close...but not enough....another 40 games and i think it would have been different.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 4:57 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Sure, and flames fans were telling us they would be able to keep Iginla and kipper, and not have to rebuild. Oops. Giggle.
Flames fans were also telling us year after year they were one or two pieces away from being cup contenders, yet haven't made the playoffs 4 years in a row now.

The flames seem to be in the same position the Oilers were 3-5 years ago, right where our rebuild started.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
Sure, and flames fans were telling us they would be able to keep Iginla and kipper, and not have to rebuild. Oops. Giggle.
Flames fans were also telling us year after year they were one or two pieces away from being cup contenders, yet haven't made the playoffs 4 years in a row now.

The flames seem to be in the same position the Oilers were 3-5 years ago, right where our rebuild started.
I figured you would pipe up right away, never miss a chance to take a shot at Calgary do you.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Most said that the oilers would be playing meaningfull games in the last couple weeks of the season. For a brief peroid, that was the case.

They had a really shitty streak in the first half of the season that made it really difficult to catch up...close...but not enough....another 40 games and i think it would have been different.
I'd say the colossal collapse in the last few weeks was probably more to do with it. The Oil were in a playoff position after they demolished the Flames here that game, but then we came back and laid a pretty good beating on the Oil, and it was all downhill from there. If the Oilers get a good goalie and shore up the D a bit, I could definitely see them making the playoffs this year.

Flames are a tough call, with Iggy and Kipper both gone, plus Bouwmeester, we have a ton of cap space. If Feaster is worth anything as a GM he should be able to make improvements pretty much instantly, especially with 3 1st round picks to entice players to come play here. We will know in about a week I suppose if things are looking up.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
...and two years ago? You guys are so underperforming for such an impressive roster.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2013, 10:23 PM
Change is good

Quote:
I figured you would pipe up right away, never miss a chance to take a shot at Calgary do you.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada