HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:52 PM

^ That would be a huge downgrade IMO, I used to get tickets low in the corner of 121 and you could barely see what was happening at the other end. I would have considered moving up 10 rows a big improvement.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:55 PM

Yeah makes sense, wasn't sure how far down you already were... I know the row that's at eye-level with the top of the glass can be brutal too. I've never really understood the appeal of sitting along the glass, especially behind the benches. Can't see Sh*t!

I'm 300s 3rd row right on centre ice, media side. It's amazing. Every time I bring new people they're blown away how good the view is up there. My ideal I think (price aside) would be 200s centre ice. Close enough to see players' expressions but high enough to see the whole ice.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Yeah makes sense, wasn't sure how far down you already were... I know the row that's at eye-level with the top of the glass can be brutal too. I've never really understood the appeal of sitting along the glass, especially behind the benches. Can't see Sh*t!
Sitting by the glass was never a big deal until recent years. It was the American teams that started selling those seats at a premium and the Canadian teams followed along... I think it was a way to take advantage of the prestige of courtside basketball seats, even though sitting in the first row for hockey, while exciting at first, is actually not that great a place to watch a game from.

Quote:
I'm 300s 3rd row right on centre ice, media side. It's amazing. Every time I bring new people they're blown away how good the view is up there. My ideal I think (price aside) would be 200s centre ice. Close enough to see players' expressions but high enough to see the whole ice.
Because neither is a particularly large facility, for both MTS and IGF I would imagine that the best views are top of the lower deck or bottom of the upper deck, near centre. I've sat at those heights before and liked the view, but I was never really at centre ice/midfield any of those times.

I will be sitting in 200s centre ice for the first time at tonight's game... I have a feeling you're likely right about the view from there

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 4:42 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post

I agree. We are just high enough in our 123 seats to see over the plexiglass, but when they are down at the other end (attacking zone), it becomes distorted when you're trying to see action along the boards and stuff. And you really can't see the puck. But, it's all worth it when you get to see the action at our end and the first one to see the puck go in the net. LOL

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 5:35 PM
What could go wrong?

We are 2nd row in sec 220 (just inside the blue line behind the Jets bench). I love the 200's. I think my ideal seats would be last row, 200's right at centre ice. You can sit or stand because the boxes are right behind you.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 6:24 PM

BellMts added seats

They also put another row of seats above ice level entrance for concerts and where the refs go to their dressing room . They actually made the entrance smaller in height and added 6 or 7 seats in there .

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 3:51 AM
BANNED

I have to admit. This team looks pro for the first time. Everyone seems to be playing very well. Tonight’s game was awesome.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:21 AM

Winnipeg Jets

Ok , I wasn't going to gloat but I will, after the Jets first game a lot of people thought the sky was falling and team isn't good and Maurice has to go ! I posted then pg263 for everyone to simmer down and wait till November, it is now November and you can now make a better judgement on the team . The team is playing well and playing Maurice's system pretty consistently! Let's not have a parade down Portage ( with barriers gone at Main ) yet but a real marked improvement, kinda like Bell MtS Place concourse renos , the team looks like more polished finished product !!!!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 6:14 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityboy View Post
Ok , I wasn't going to gloat but I will, after the Jets first game a lot of people thought the sky was falling and team isn't good and Maurice has to go ! I posted then pg263 for everyone to simmer down and wait till November, it is now November and you can now make a better judgement on the team . The team is playing well and playing Maurice's system pretty consistently! Let's not have a parade down Portage ( with barriers gone at Main ) yet but a real marked improvement, kinda like Bell MtS Place concourse renos , the team looks like more polished finished product !!!!
Agreed.

After a rocky start, October wasn't too bad at all. Since it's November, everybody is starting to settle into their games, and with tonight's win, it looks like we are doing pretty good.

Hellebuyck is 7-0-1 now. He has not lost in regulation as of yet, and I think PoMo will continue to ride the hot goalie come Saturday against the Habs.

I think full judgement of the team will come in December, and that month would determine if this team is good enough to make the playoffs, or if PoMo will get fired before Christmas.

So far, so good though!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 1:15 PM

Jets are looking GREAT, buy some tiks!!
section 318 row 8 $140 for 2 tiks

Tue 14-Nov-17 7:00 PM vs Coyotes hawerchuck banner
Sun 17-Dec-17 5:00 PM vs Blues
Sun 21-Jan-17 7:00 PM vs Canucks all star poster
Sat 3-Feb-17 6:00 PM vs Avalanche
Tue 6-Feb-17 7:00 PM vs Coyotes
Fri 2-Mar-17 7:00 PM vs Red Wings
Sun 25-Mar-17 6:00 PM vs Predators

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 1:23 PM

^ Haha, wags striking while the iron is hot!

Last night was awesome, it's amazing to see the Jets dominating top-tier teams the way they have been lately.

I noticed the NW corner of the lower bowl where they filled in an entrance with seats... looks much better now IMO. I don't know why MTS Centre needed like 4 big cut-out entrances to reach the ice when most other rinks have maybe 2.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 1:45 PM

Lol. I have tix for sale too!!

I still don't think Maurice is the right fit. However the team is winning and looked pretty good last night. Although Dallas was on the road for a while now.

We'll see what happen when Perreault comes back. The 'bottom 6' needs to be tuned up. Even though they have been paying decent (see Tanev's recent spurt), it doesn't seem the most efficient.

I think a huge benefit this year for the team is hellebuycks play. It gives the team out front confidence that their goalie will make a timely save.

Remember that term. Timely saves! #Pavelectricity

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 1:58 PM
What could go wrong?

I have really been liking Lemieux's play the last few games, especially last night. Helle played awesome again and Connor's speed was definitely evident.

....sorry to speak highly of an opposing player but - man, do I have a man crush on Jamie Benn. Is there a better power forward in the NHL? He can score, hit and FIGHT and is a leader. Last 4 years 26, 41, 35 and 34 goals. Would love him on my team.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
We'll see what happen when Perreault comes back. The 'bottom 6' needs to be tuned up. Even though they have been paying decent (see Tanev's recent spurt), it doesn't seem the most efficient.
That struck me as one of the bigger issues the team is facing... not that they're losing games because of it mind you, but the drop off between the top 2 and bottom 2 lines seems immense. Having Perreault back would help with depth for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I have really been liking Lemieux's play the last few games, especially last night. Helle played awesome again and Connor's speed was definitely evident.

....sorry to speak highly of an opposing player but - man, do I have a man crush on Jamie Benn. Is there a better power forward in the NHL? He can score, hit and FIGHT and is a leader. Last 4 years 26, 41, 35 and 34 goals. Would love him on my team.
I was surprised to see Benn take on Buff. Speaking of Buff, wasn't it bizarre to see Lemieux get into a scrap to defend him? Once it was over, Byfuglien was chuckling at the absurdity of the situation. This Lemieux kid has some real grit, love it.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

agreed on both statements, and also loving Conner, he needs t stay on top 2 lines!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 4:45 PM

Jets lines when Matty P and Lowry return.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Dano

I don't know. I have a hard time with the bottom feeders. Petan should be in there somewhere too if he wasn't in the AHL. Dano should probably be Tanev, who hasn't been too bad lately.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:48 PM
What could go wrong?

whoa, whoa, whoa....no Lemieux??? I'd have Lemieux in way before Armia or Matthias and I don't even think Dano should be on this team.

.....but that is just my opinion. You know the saying on those (opinions)

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 6:03 PM

Maurice likes his Matthias and Hendricks. So I'm trying to be reasonable.. If it were up to me, they wouldn't be on the team. Hendricks will probably still be in the lineup when both those guys return..

Although Dano yes, I'm not even sure where he's at right now. I think he's in the press box for the Jets every game. So okay, slot in Lemieux in the 12th spot!

These days, the 4th line should be a revolving door of bubble type players. Theres many options for the jets there. Just solidify the top 9 forwards and we're good.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 6:08 PM
the first stamp is free

Armia and Lemieux provide a different skill set, and Armia has the skills to be somewhere on the third line.

Lemieux can be part of a rotating crew on the "energy" 4th line, along with Fat Dano, (Wright)Matthias, and speedy Tanev.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 6:16 PM

^Agreed.

It seems like everyone of the bubble players has a cult following. Dano on #NHLJets twitter is God. Tanev is the devil.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan