HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 7:27 PM

This is good to see with the Ivey vs Engineering Hockey game being played by the women. Builds a culture and for a good cause.

https://westerngazette.ca/sports/hoc...14cc4cc6a.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 11:20 PM

Nice move by Sharpe to sponsor youth basketball access.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/giving-bac...gram-1.6719695

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 5:28 PM

New all season beach volleyball facility to open at London Airport.

https://lfpress.com/business/local-b...london-airport

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 7:36 PM

Anyone have details on the upgrades happening at City Wide Sports Park? Suppose to be a bunch of things including turf replacement (not sure if on both fields) in preparation for the Ontario Summer Games.

Would be nice to get a paved and expanded parking lot if possible as its a crap show often finding a spot

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Anyone have details on the upgrades happening at City Wide Sports Park? Suppose to be a bunch of things including turf replacement (not sure if on both fields) in preparation for the Ontario Summer Games.

Would be nice to get a paved and expanded parking lot if possible as its a crap show often finding a spot
I remember when my son played LMFA football from 2011-2015, the head of the league said the city was supposed to pave the parking lot back then. Amazing how far about people feel they need to park from other cars when they are eyeballing it without lines to guide them. Not sure what work is being done but I can see the turf needing replacement, as it's about 15 years old now and does get a lot of use. Maybe a few more bleachers added would be good. I know the building was supposed to be larger originally but I doubt they will do anything with it now.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I remember when my son played LMFA football from 2011-2015, the head of the league said the city was supposed to pave the parking lot back then. Amazing how far about people feel they need to park from other cars when they are eyeballing it without lines to guide them. Not sure what work is being done but I can see the turf needing replacement, as it's about 15 years old now and does get a lot of use. Maybe a few more bleachers added would be good. I know the building was supposed to be larger originally but I doubt they will do anything with it now.
The parking lot is unchanged, massive pot holes, gravel and people parking all over the place (on the grass, etc).
Overall its a great place but paving and a small expansion of the lot would be really nice. I know for sure the turf is being replaced, not sure if its both fields or not but would assume it is the CFL side is pretty rough.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 9:23 PM

East Park adding replacing and adding new slides this year, including a "Toilet Bowl". The original slides from over 40 years ago (I remember going many times when they first opened) are finally being replaced and 2 of the popular Wally World slides have been refurbished.

https://eastparklondon.com/park-info...h-2PtYe18w4aFI

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation