HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 9:49 PM

it does look like high capacity doesnt it? why does it look so much more spacious than the muzha/neihu line when they are both medium capacity lines?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifese View Post
it does look like high capacity doesnt it? why does it look so much more spacious than the muzha/neihu line when they are both medium capacity lines?
It's because we actually are using a high capacity system as a medium capacity by omitting 2 cars. Even the track is standard gauge. This is a very very strange proposition.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 12:25 PM

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/拚錢潮-彭淮南籲台北車站增高-213000942.html

..拚錢潮 彭淮南籲台北車站增高
.-字+字.作者: 李明賢╱台北報導 | 中時電子報 – 2012年10月14日 上午5:30.
....相關內容.
放大顯示. 吸金站台北車站內的空間活化後非常搶手,央行總裁彭淮南建議增高利用。上圖為台北車站外觀;左圖為位於車站內1、2樓的微風百貨,一到了用餐時間,人潮非常多。(張鎧乙攝) …
....中國時報【李明賢╱台北報導】

位於交通樞紐的台北車站人潮川流不息,加上微風集團進駐後,更是商機無窮。據轉述,央行總裁彭淮南周四出席行政院會時拋出台北車站「長高一些」的構想,例如仿照日本車站主體建築高樓的設計規模,台北車站若能往上加蓋幾層,更能善用位於市中心最精華地點的地理優勢,創造更多的商機,目前站體規模「實在太可惜」。

台北車站現有主建築一九八九年啟用,分成地上六層、地下四層,地上三到六樓屬台鐵辦公室或承租給民間企業團體,地上二樓整層與地下一樓、一樓大廳部分承租給微風集團經營,微風今年營收就上看二十億元。台北車站幾乎成了金雞母,潛在商機難以估算。

不過,台北車站目前僅地下一樓到地上二樓部分樓層活化利用,讓彭淮南直呼「很可惜」。

據轉述,台籍旅日知名建築師郭茂林日前與彭淮南交換意見時,兩人都主張台北車站應比照日本車站規模「蓋高一點」,郭也是新光摩天大樓的設計師。

對於彭淮南拋出台北車站「增高」構想,行政院長陳冲認為有創意,指示交通部等相關單位進一步研議,政院副秘書長黃敏恭昨也說「這是可以討論的議題,仍未最後定案」。

不過,政院高層私下坦言「台北車站底下有三條鐵路(台鐵、高鐵、捷運),根本很難大興土木,增建時機點已經過了!」

黃敏恭解釋,當初台鐵隸屬省府,台北車站改建計畫一開始擬定A、B兩方案,預算案並報請省議會;A案就是目前台北車站的站體規模,B案則是超過二十層的摩天大樓,在省議會討論熱烈下,最後選擇A案。

黃敏恭坦言,當初省議會決定「有前瞻性」,因為台北車站主要功能仍是運輸,例如台北捷運如今也採取分流,就是要避免人潮塞爆台北車站;倘若台北車站蓋成摩天大樓,加上大樓辦公人員,動線規劃會有問題。

交通部也說,當初擬定台北車站改建計畫,在考量經費限制下,最後決定採取目前的站體規模;台北車站改建後,二樓空間一度閒置多時,直到微風進駐後改觀,代表政府國有資產活化有成效。

有關火車站蓋高樓,桃園縣府評估將台鐵桃園站發展成三十層、四十二層的雙塔大樓;中壢站將興建三十五層及五十層兩棟大樓,可望成為南桃園指標建物,但仍待與交通部協調。

Taipei Main Train Station redevelopment will be one of the most complex development in Taiwan. It has three different type of railway system on its basement, MRT, Taiwan Railway and High Speed Rail. It handles 60,000 passengers in weekdays and 100,000 people in weekend. Closing entire train station and redeveloping it will be very tough decision. It might need billions dollar to get entire redevelopment done.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2012, 5:35 AM

http://n.yam.com/tlt/life/20121203/20121203021911.html

台北車站全面商場化 台鐵擬遷辦公室

自由時報-2012年12月03日 上午05:00

字級:

列印
轉寄
分享

〔自由時報記者曾鴻儒/台北報導〕台北車站變身百貨公司?台鐵將委外評估增高與遷離辦公室,台鐵局長范植谷表示,台北站如作商場使用,確實可活化並增加營收,可朝此方向規劃。鐵道專家與民眾都表贊成,直言台鐵「終於想通了」。

央行總裁彭淮南一個多月前向行政院長陳冲建議讓台北車站「長高一些」。范植谷表示,在彭淮南拋出此一構想後,「越來越多人有這樣的想法」,台鐵將 評估可行性。

范植谷說,改建台北站影響層面太大,但樓層加高則可考慮,「關鍵在結構安全」!他透露,台鐵曾大致評估車站增高可行性,如果以輕鋼構材質增建,應不至於有安全疑慮,但在使用範圍上必須有所限制。

目前台北車站僅二樓及部分一樓與地下一樓委由微風廣場經營,但已塑造龐大商機,估計今年權利金收入可望破億,比合約要求的六千萬超出近一倍。雙子星大樓落成後,台鐵可分回六萬多坪土地,台北站三至六樓的辦公室遷往雙子星,也成為選項。

范植谷說,確實有主管建議將局本部辦公室遷往雙子星,車站則全面活化,讓微風或其他百貨業者接手,未來都將一併評估。

但也有官員對此持保留態度,認為運輸才是車站主要任務,台北站旅客進出量已經很大,一旦全面商場化,恐將「塞爆」;而全台鐵路調度中心就在台北站,遷移也是大麻煩。

旅客楊先生說,現在常利用候車時間在台北站一樓買糕點或至二樓用餐,未來候車時可以逛街,感覺車站更人性化;旅客林小姐說,很難想像年年虧損的台鐵,竟把台北市最繁華的地段拿來當辦公室,如能把辦公室遷往郊區,車站改為商場,資產更能活化,也與民眾更貼近。

鐵道專家洪致文直言:「台鐵終於想通了!」位處精華區的車站拿來當「衙門」太浪費,國外鐵路業者多將營運總部移往郊外,車站則做商業使用,台鐵員工搭台鐵列車通勤不用付費,未來辦公室不應移往雙子星,應直接遷至郊外。

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 6:41 AM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Xinyi Line

8 years of wait is over: http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201311230028.aspx

Quote:

Taipei MRT Xinyi Line inaugurated

Taipei, Nov. 23 (CNA) The Xinyi Line on Taipei City's mass rapid transit system was inaugurated Saturday, extending MRT travel from downtown areas of the city to Xiangshan near Elephant Mountain on the outskirts.

The east-west line essentially follows Xinyi Road, starting at Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and running through stations at Dongmen, Daan Park, Daan, Xinyi, Anhe, and Taipei 101/World Trade Center to the final stop at Xiangshan.

After the inauguration ceremony, President Ma Ying-jeou and Taipei Mayor Hau Lung-bin took a test ride on the line from Daan Park Station to Xiangshan.

Noting that the new line was completed one month short of eight years, Hau said it offers residents greater convenience and will contribute to better functioning of the city.

He said that, for example, the Daan Park station features green infrastructure and will host cultural performances from time to time.

Taipei Rapid Transit Corp., which operates the metro system, will offer free rides on the Xinyi Line for one month after the line begins public operations Sunday, the mayor said.

In addition, 94 shops along the line, in collaboration with the Taipei City government, will offer passengers up to 50 percent discount on goods and services.

President Ma said that while the new line is only 6.4-km long, it runs through one of the busiest areas of the city, which made the construction difficult.

Ma expressed gratitude to Taipei residents for their forbearance during the project, which cost NT$33.8 billion (US$1.14 billion).

Ma and Hau also paid a tribute to the workers, including two Thai nationals, who died on the project.

(By Kelven Huang, Huang Li-yun and Lilian Wu)

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 6:46 AM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Check out the news video here that showcases some coolest station designs and features. News article here

I think the one that stands out is the first "wavy escalator" in Taiwan. It is similar to this one:

Image source
Hopefully we can get some pics of the Taipei one soon.

Also the Xinyi Line will be free to ride for 1 month. Updated route map from Wiki

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 7:25 PM

Nice! I can't wait to explore the new line the next time I'm back in the city. Congratulations, Taipei!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 8:05 AM
The Picture Guy

This is so great!!! I have been looking forward to this for the longest time! Definitely will ride it and check out every station next year when I go to Taiwan!
Xinyi Line is very closed to where I used to live.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2013, 7:34 PM

Flickr user hiroshi_lin has some great pictures of the new Xinyi line. I'll share just a few of them here:

Xinyi Anhe station entrance:

信義安和站1號出口 par 小林ひろし, sur Flickr

Da An station mezzanine:

大安站B1穿堂層 par 小林ひろし, sur Flickr

Da An station platform:

大安站月台層 par 小林ひろし, sur Flickr

Da An Forest Park station entrance:

大安森林公園站陽光大廳 par 小林ひろし, sur Flickr

Da An Forest Park station plaza:

大安森林公園站下沉式廣場 par 小林ひろし, sur Flickr

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 4:20 PM

One thing about Asia is that all of their metros are so modern compared with the rest of the world. The pictures of the Xinyli Line look cool. I`m hoping of going to China one dasy and get rail photos of my own.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 5:55 PM

hsinchu station mall:

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/benoy-grab...066929.article

Quote:
Benoy has unveiled its designs for a shopping mall at a major station on the Taiwan High Speed Rail line.

The scheme for the railway operator will be built on a 30,000sq m site connected to the Hsinchu station which is a major station on the Western Line and the western terminus of the Neiwan Line.

As well as shops, the project includes cinemas and an amphitheatre while green roof insulation, rain water collection, grey water recycling and solar power have all been included in the design.

Benoy has already completed one scheme in Taiwan, a retail scheme called Megacity in New Taipei, and is carrying out work on a sports facility in Taipei.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 12:52 AM

Any updates from the locals on when the TPE Airport Metro line is supposed to open?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 9:55 PM

Taipei Airport Metro delayed until March 2016.

Sounds like they are having problem with positive train control system during testing.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../29/2003626465

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 5:16 PM

I was just in Taipei and didn't realize that the Red Line extension to Xiangshan was so new. What I found strange is that the line doesn't connect to the Blue Line, as now people from eastern Taipei have to take a long route and change twice to reach Taipei 101 area. Or then walk from Taipei City Hall station, which is not so convenient.

Is this extention being planned for future implementation?

It was also sad that one still had to take the cumbersome airport bus to reach the city. I cannot wait until the airport MRT starts running!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I was just in Taipei and didn't realize that the Red Line extension to Xiangshan was so new. What I found strange is that the line doesn't connect to the Blue Line, as now people from eastern Taipei have to take a long route and change twice to reach Taipei 101 area. Or then walk from Taipei City Hall station, which is not so convenient.

Is this extention being planned for future implementation?

It was also sad that one still had to take the cumbersome airport bus to reach the city. I cannot wait until the airport MRT starts running!
Yeah, the circular line eastern portion is suppose to intersect the red, blue, brown, and green line. However, I believe it will be the last of three phases of the circular line to be built, so I highly doubt it will be completed within the next 10 years as they are still building phase 1.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 11:35 PM

Good to hear. From Wikipedia I got the impression that the Red Line would not be planned to continue any further, which would not make sense. Good to hear that this will eventually happen, even if much later in the future.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 3:09 PM

Only 40% of people live in Taipei Metro use public transport. It is below Hong Kong, Toyko and Singapore. Main reason for lower percentage of people using is because riding scooter is cheaper and more convenient than taking public transport.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Good to hear. From Wikipedia I got the impression that the Red Line would not be planned to continue any further, which would not make sense. Good to hear that this will eventually happen, even if much later in the future.

Red line eastern extension is currently under construction. It will add two more station to the east. The long term plan has the line extending further east with 2 additional stations.

North-south connection to all 3 east-west lines will be part of the circulation line as already noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
Only 40% of people live in Taipei Metro use public transport. It is below Hong Kong, Toyko and Singapore. Main reason for lower percentage of people using is because riding scooter is cheaper and more convenient than taking public transport.
To be fair, some of most populated parts of New Taipei City are not yet connected to the Metro system and the system is still missing some critical components like the circular line and the light rail network that would make the system a lot more functional.

Also, Taipei's bus system is kind of a mess. It could be much more efficient but the two city Govt (Taipei and New Taipei) aren't on the same page and have competing agendas.

And lastly, as you noted, Govt policy on scooter drives people's commuting choice. If Taiwan ever decides to actually enforce emission controls on scooter (which will make buying and operating one much more expensive) or eliminates the *free* parking for scooters on public street sidewalks, metro usage will go up just like in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.

Last edited by bzcat; May 2, 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 12:54 AM

New Kaohsiung Train Station Confirmed (on right hand side)

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 12:56 AM

Taichung Train Station under construction

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan