HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 2:46 AM

I'm thinking either Constellation area or old coke plant site. What I was told was this building would have a branch on the first few floors and then offices and possible condos on top. So who knows.... if that is true it should be at least as tall as Regions. But guess we will all find out. Announcement this year??

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 4:08 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV7979 View Post
I'm thinking either Constellation area or old coke plant site. What I was told was this building would have a branch on the first few floors and then offices and possible condos on top. So who knows.... if that is true it should be at least as tall as Regions. But guess we will all find out. Announcement this year??
If it aint 15 + then why bother
Now City Centre may change their second phase layout to accommodate.
The second hotel (Residence Inn most likely) could be made taller, smaller footprint to allow another high rise. You get density, parking and all the amenities you need, grocery store, restaurants, entertainment.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
If it aint 15 + then why bother
Now City Centre may change their second phase layout to accommodate.
The second hotel (Residence Inn most likely) could be made taller, smaller footprint to allow another high rise. You get density, parking and all the amenities you need, grocery store, restaurants, entertainment.
I doubt if they will build anything that big. From what I hear, the location is the old church at the corner of Davis Circle and Pelham Ave.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:13 AM

New Shopping Center in Madison West of Nance?

There is a "Shopping Center Construction" sign and dirt being moved around on a large lot past Nance road on the right side, in the direction of Aldi.

Does anyone know what this is going to be?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:30 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I doubt if they will build anything that big. From what I hear, the location is the old church at the corner of Davis Circle and Pelham Ave.
right across from City Centre and the new greenway on top of the soon enclosed Fagan Creek. Will become a continuation of City Centre and make a connection to Twickenham Square

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 1:55 PM
Constant Vigilance!

Quote:
right across from City Centre and the new greenway on top of the soon enclosed Fagan Creek. Will become a continuation of City Centre and make a connection to Twickenham Square
Bingo

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 3:30 PM

Future of city hall

A few years away, but Battle said the Huntsville Municipal Complex will likely be rebuilt at a different site downtown and the current site may become part of Big Spring Park.

http://whnt.com/2017/02/03/predictin...hall-building/

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
A few years away, but Battle said the Huntsville Municipal Complex will likely be rebuilt at a different site downtown and the current site may become part of Big Spring Park.

I stumbled upon a few plans a while back (5 years ago) of potential sites for a new city hall, Battle has previously studied the feasibility. The current parking deck across from City hall was one option along with the parking lot between HSV utilities and Clinton. They also looked into doing a combined project with Madison County, but I think the Jail fiasco had scared everyone away from that.

McLain pushed for a leased city hall building on Constellation at some point too. I believe this was how he was going to make the project work financially.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:09 PM

So any guesses on the height of this Redstone Federal Credit Union building?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallty View Post
I stumbled upon a few plans a while back (5 years ago) of potential sites for a new city hall, Battle has previously studied the feasibility. The current parking deck across from City hall was one option along with the parking lot between HSV utilities and Clinton. They also looked into doing a combined project with Madison County, but I think the Jail fiasco had scared everyone away from that.

McLain pushed for a leased city hall building on Constellation at some point too. I believe this was how he was going to make the project work financially.
Would love to see it in place of the parking deck across from City Hall. That is one ugly parking garage. If they did it right, it could really fit in well and help connect Big Spring park, Early Works, Constitution Village and the downtown square.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:40 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post

Excellent potential for a signature tower downtown. Also would be great to re purpose all of that beautiful marble.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 10:59 PM

Infrastructure announcement tomorrow at 10 just north of the Toyota plant in North Huntsville.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 6:40 PM

Constellation

I noticed the sign that says "Something exciting is happening", Scott McLain says the development is fully funded and we should see significant activity on the site in a couple of months.

Let's cross or fingers. The sign really does help me have hope.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
I noticed the sign that says "Something exciting is happening", Scott McLain says the development is fully funded and we should see significant activity on the site in a couple of months.

Let's cross or fingers. The sign really does help me have hope.
We have had so many promises for so many years for this prime property. Would love to see some genuine, unique, signature buildings erected here. We'll see...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 4:11 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsvillefan View Post
We have had so many promises for so many years for this prime property. Would love to see some genuine, unique, signature buildings erected here. We'll see...
Hopefully crying wolf will result in something
Remember he claimed AC hotel was going to locate there..wrong
Probably the most valuable property in HSV, It better be spectacular or it will fail.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Hopefully crying wolf will result in something
Remember he claimed AC hotel was going to locate there..wrong
Probably the most valuable property in HSV, It better be spectacular or it will fail.
Right. We need a new rendering that gives us something to see from 565!! That site deserves it

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 3:09 PM

As they demolish Madison Square Mall, it reminds me of how ambitious that mall was for its time and place. Nothing comes as close to being that daring around here since then.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:59 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Crunkleton: Commercial Real Estate Group said Wingstop and Wayback Burgers will open in the Waddell Plaza retail development on 6290 University Drive. The project is home to Mei Wei, Smoothie King and Jersey Mike's across from the Super Target-anchored Westside Centre

courtesy of Crunkleton: Commercial Real Estate Group

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 11:04 PM
America's Mars Rocket

At Redstone Gateway TownePlace Suites will open Friday outside of Gate 9 / I-565

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 3:36 PM
America's Mars Rocket

Huntsville road wishlist. None of these are fully funded and may not happen at all but something has to be done over the next decade or two. Of course many of these projects have been talked about for decades and with aldots delay tactics are still waiting to be done. Even with Huntsville paying for half of the current projects underway
"They are on the drawing board," Battle said of the plans in an interview with AL.com. "They are things that have to be done. They are projects that go beyond the five-year Restore Our Roads. We had $250 million worth of road projects and the state paid for half and we paid for half (in Restore Our Roads).

"We've committed to pay $25 million a year for new road construction for forever out of this sales tax. We are looking at what the next step is."
The road projects, in no particular order:

New interchange at I-565 and Memorial Parkway.
Extend I-565 east from Maysville Road on U.S. 72 through the city limits, which would stretch the road east of Shields Road and perhaps almost as far as Ryland Pike.
Interchange modifications at I-565 and Research Park Boulevard at Redstone Arsenal.
East Arsenal Connector providing a corridor from I-565 to southeast Huntsville.

Mayor Tommy Battle brought up two other potential projects not included on Huntsville's list: Expanding I-565 to three lanes both east and west from County Line Road to I-65. Much of that stretch of highway is in included in Huntsville's city limits through annexations in Limestone County. And the continued extension of a northern bypass.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast