HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Laurel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 11:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Nope, still error 404

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Nope, still error 404
Maybe it's whatever browser some of you are using. Opening fine for me through google chrome.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:01 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Maybe it's whatever browser some of you are using. Opening fine for me through google chrome.
Just checked on Safari and both spots where links were posted worked for me, too.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:38 PM

13 out of 74 units is almost 20% of units. Not bad at all. My guess is that financing kicks in based on dollar figures, not units. Perhaps they just need to find some takers for the penthouses to seal the deal. This is gonna be awesome when built.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 2:03 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Could be your workplace firewall when you see a 404 on the screen. It's being block for some reason.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 2:04 PM

Quote:
I don't think quite that much, but yes, a sizable number. Pretty good start. The sales gallery only just opened officially a couple weeks ago. They had a party for prospective buyers around the Rittenhouse ball.
Did you go to that? If so, how many people were there?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Did you go to that? If so, how many people were there?
All i know is...if there's ever a Skyscraperpage Happy Hour...

jsbrook is buying.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:02 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
For sure, JSBrook is the highroller on this forum

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
All i know is...if there's ever a Skyscraperpage Happy Hour...

jsbrook is buying.
Eva Walker invited me but was in New York so could not go.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^^^
For sure, JSBrook is the highroller on this forum
I'm happy to buy a round at a meet-up. And we should definitely do it. My vote is at the Four Seasons bar when it opens.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
I'm happy to buy a round at a meet-up. And we should definitely do it. My vote is at the Four Seasons bar when it opens.
Seconded, though I'll have to have a Shirley Temple

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 8:51 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^
@JSBrook...Sounds good on the meet up for this fall. I know others have floated the idea maybe a couple months back so we should round up the troops for a quorum and make it happen. McGrath, a mickey mouse is another option in case you get tire of the shirley temple...LOL.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:15 PM

Not much of an update, but they were doing some cleaning on this lot today. Removed some graffiti, cut the grass, etc. First activity on this lot in a bit

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 12:11 PM

Southern Land ups the number of condos at the Laurel

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ttenhouse.html

Quote:
Prospective buyers of the high-end condominiums at the Laurel, a mixed-use project expected to rise on the last developable site around Rittenhouse Square, can take a virtual tour of the 48-story high-rise that, among other aspects, will show how the sun might shine on the building during different seasons and provide 360-degree views of the city so they can compare units. No detail is too small when it comes to marketing and building a $300 million project at 1911 Walnut St. that has a starting price of $2.5 million for its condominiums. With ground breaking still a few months away in September, Southern Land Co., a Tennessee company, is already encouraged by early interest in the project's for-sale residential units.

Just a week ago, Southern Land took five floors that had been slated for apartment rentals and swapped them for condos, upping the number of for-sale units it is offering to 74 from 54. So far, 20 percent of the more than six dozen units were secured with more than $40 million in deposits. “We’ve had pretty spectacular interest,” said, development manager for Southern Land Prospective buyers can take the virtual tour and see cabinet, counter and other options at Southern Land’s sales office at 1845 Walnut, which is next door to the site, and in suite 1911. The buyers who have shown interest in the Laurel are those who already live in the city and many who already live around Rittenhouse Square but want an upgraded space or to find something bigger. “A lot of people want new space and don’t want to leave the square,” Emmons said. It’s too early to determine how that might manifest itself in the Rittenhouse Square resale market, though it might unlock some properties and opportunities for those who have longed to live in the tony neighborhood but haven’t had the chance to buy a condo. Because the number of condos remains in flux at the Laurel, how many of the building’s units will end up being rental or extended-stay remains unknown at this point. At one point late last year, plans called for 200 rentals and 60 to 75 condominiums. When it was approved earlier this year, the developer started out offering 54 condos until the interest led to the recent increase to 74. Emmons said financing is not an issue and construction will begin in earnest in September. The Laurel’s development will add to a growing high-end condo market in Center City that has been proven out by such projects as One Riverside, 10 Rittenhouse Square, 1706 Rittenhouse and the Residences at the Ritz Carlton.
Groundbreaking in September. I thought we previously heard that they planned a 2019 groundbreaking

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 1:28 PM

$40 Million already? And an earlier groundbreaking? This project is shaping up to be a huge success. Let's just hope the renderings are true to life, and that they actually use marble at the base.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 2:11 PM
Philly Rising Up!

There's pics of the model from PBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...tml#g/438808/1

If someone feels up to putting them up for viewing here, that would be good. I'm on my smartphone and can't.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 2:20 PM

It's especially promising that "financing is not an issue." Not sure if that's marketing talk (to allay prospective buyer concerns that this will drag out like SLS) but I'm optimistic. September groundbreaking is pretty specific and close - very different than saying Spring 2019 or something like that.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
Southern Land ups the number of condos at the Laurel

Groundbreaking in September. I thought we previously heard that they planned a 2019 groundbreaking
Great news all around. More condos means more owners which means more investment and ownership into the square. I wish more of these projects around town would do a hybrid condo/apartment model, especially in neighborhoods like Market East - which has almost no home ownership stakeholders.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Great news all around. More condos means more owners which means more investment and ownership into the square. I wish more of these projects around town would do a hybrid condo/apartment model, especially in neighborhoods like Market East - which has almost no home ownership stakeholders.
I agree. I think some number of condos in the second Market East tower would have done/would do well. Not out of the question down the line. There are some hoops but some of the apartments or extended stay rooms could be converted. Happy about the Laurel. Less pressure to make a commitment to with more units!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 6:43 PM
Mr. Technology

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
There's pics of the model from PBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...tml#g/438808/1

If someone feels up to putting them up for viewing here, that would be good. I'm on my smartphone and can't.
I can easily do that from my iPhone:

Looks good.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive