HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3321  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 6:00 PM
SirLucasTheGreat SirLucasTheGreat is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 49
It looks like Glenarm Place was bought alongside a parking lot at 1405 Glenarm. I'm curious to see if another 30 story hotel and/or residential building goes up there.

https://businessden.com/2018/07/17/d...y-parking-lot/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3322  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 6:46 PM
mojiferous mojiferous is offline
Landbarge Captain
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
It looks like Glenarm Place was bought alongside a parking lot at 1405 Glenarm. I'm curious to see if another 30 story hotel and/or residential building goes up there.

https://businessden.com/2018/07/17/d...y-parking-lot/
The building uses that lot as parking, since the building was built without any (imagine that - a 31-story building without parking) - we looked at an apartment there a while ago and they have "complimentary valet parking" that is just someone who drives your car back and forth to the surface lot. So I would bet that nothing gets built there unless they figure out a different parking scheme
__________________
Mojferous Industries
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3323  
Old Posted Yesterday, 4:58 AM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,399
Kenect Denver has been reduced in height, but has the same number of units - 23 stories and 260 feet. The project will include 400+ units, co-working space and ground floor retail. It will still be a nice addition to Arapahoe Square:



__________________
Check out www.denver-cityscape.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3324  
Old Posted Yesterday, 12:24 PM
DenverInfill's Avatar
DenverInfill DenverInfill is offline
mmmm... infillicious!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lower Highland District, Denver
Posts: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojiferous View Post
The building uses that lot as parking, since the building was built without any (imagine that - a 31-story building without parking) - we looked at an apartment there a while ago and they have "complimentary valet parking" that is just someone who drives your car back and forth to the surface lot. So I would bet that nothing gets built there unless they figure out a different parking scheme
Red Peak had a proposal for that at one point, where they would develop the surface lot with a residential tower that would contain a couple extra levels of parking for the 1600 Glenarm tower. That approach would still be viable, if this new owner has any interest in seeing the surface lot developed.
__________________
~ Ken

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3325  
Old Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM
DenverInfill's Avatar
DenverInfill DenverInfill is offline
mmmm... infillicious!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lower Highland District, Denver
Posts: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Kenect Denver has been reduced in height, but has the same number of units - 23 stories and 260 feet. The project will include 400+ units, co-working space and ground floor retail. It will still be a nice addition to Arapahoe Square:



That's a better design, and the reduction in height won't matter that much considering it would still be the tallest tower in AS.
__________________
~ Ken

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3326  
Old Posted Yesterday, 4:04 PM
twister244 twister244 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 278
I would have preferred 34 floors.....

I feel like this will look more like the typical "barge" buildings we see in AS right now. Granted it's still the "tallest", but not by a ton.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3327  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:09 PM
CastleScott CastleScott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sacramento Ca/formerly CastleRock Co
Posts: 793
^ Too would have preferred the taller plan-looks like the blank wall on the south side has some windows now. Don't understand why the north side doesn't unless folks don't want to look at an ally and roof of a historic building (since its tall the mountain views should be nice).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3328  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM
The Dirt's Avatar
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Ground Scraper
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
The south side windows are set back from the property line, while the north side is not.
__________________
"That emoticon is the most foolish thing you have posted in this whole thread full of foolish statements." - Cirrus
"When white people move out of a neighborhood, it's called white flight and it's racist. When white people move back to a neighborhood, it's called gentrification and it's racist. So, white people should just never move." - internet comment
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.