HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 8:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post
I can't see how you can blame the BC Liberals for all of this. This mess can't just be blamed in any way by the Liberals. Whoever should be blamed is the person who cause the fire.
I forgot to mention that homelessness has increased and David Chudnovsky, the Homelessness critic has been working on a movie "finding our way home" to highlight the problem of the homeless. I heard on the news that that area was used by the homeless and if they were living in a home, maybe the "Little P" (the Big P is the Port mann) would be open today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I like your spirit Ravman, if the NDP supported gateway then i would vote for them, but sadly they seem to have no foresight in road expansion/maintenance. It seems all transit or nothing, while i am more of a 50/50 person. I want to see the skytrain to Coquitlam and UBC ASAP along with many new buses, but i also want the #1 to become safer with better designed interchanges, longer merge lanes and a new Port Mann bridge that will no longer be a choke point. (seeing how it is the heart of the entire road system and our main roadway bridge connecting us to the rest of Canada) I also want to see the SFPR road built, along with major highway improvements in the interior, such as what is being done between Golden and the Alberta border. I feel with the NDP back this next term all this will be cancelled, and all the money spent on designing, pre-loading and studying will be thrown out the window and our roads again will be inadequate and left to decay. I also feel they are simply taking a stance against gateway just to buy votes from those who oppose it.
hold on there! the NDP is not opposed to the entire Gateway! The problem is that we have Gordo playing political games here... you take everything and put in to one big title. i mean the NDP is not against the new Pitt River Bridge and the prov govt introduced Gateway before they introduced their "transportation plan". That is where the problem lies, the govt is spending massive amounts of money on road building and ignoring transit and then a couple years later... here is our transportation plan that wont be dont for the next 20 years. The NDP did build the HOV lanes and fix up the Coquitlam interchange ( there used to be a mess on Lougheed Highway leading towards highway 1 and they redid the entire thing. i mean adding an HOV lane or an Commerical vehicle lane is one thing, but twinning the Port Mann is simply not needed. (the toll and the p3 are a totally different issue). IF the Twin Port Mann were to be built today, we would only have 2 "free" alternatives to cross the fraser as the Little P is burnt out. Gordo takes some good things and some bad things and lumps it all into one and says you are either with us or against us in a hardball tactics. The bottom line, the NDP is in favour of some portions of Gateway and against others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the late news said that skytrain was going to start running at 4:20 am from surrey dyring the bridge down time

thats what an hour early?

maybe they should start it as a normal thing
what about maintainance and yeah a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kongese View Post
The only chance I would vote for NDP is when Ravman would run for the NDP in Surrey.

Seriously, I don't think the NDP really that much against the SFPR project, am I right, Ravman?
"The South Fraser Perimeter Road will pave 260 acres of prime ALR farmland and further compromise the integrity of Burns Bog and thus "reduce biodiversity of highly productive delta lands and foreshore, and jeopardize habitat for millions of migratory wildfowl and destroy shallows at the mouth of the Fraser River essential to migrating salmon".

I think that is the major issue is the destruction of the ALR

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure