HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #121  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2012, 7:39 AM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Tianjin-1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #122  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 5:13 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Taichung-7
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #123  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 8:46 AM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Bloomington-1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #124  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 4:20 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Taichung-8
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #125  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 5:19 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Yokohama-2
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #126  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 5:07 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Taichung-9
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #127  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 8:19 PM
Anders Franzén's Avatar
Anders Franzén Anders Franzén is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Swedish East Coast
Posts: 667
Fantastic!

Don't you get exhausted sometimes?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #128  
Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 5:31 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Franzén View Post
Fantastic!

Don't you get exhausted sometimes?
ofcorse I got exhausted sometimes so I don'e draw everyday.


Flickr 上 steamboy76112Astana-1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #129  
Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 7:59 PM
Anders Franzén's Avatar
Anders Franzén Anders Franzén is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Swedish East Coast
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboy View Post
of corse I got exhausted sometimes so I don't draw everyday.
Well, I can get exhausted for weeks, even after drawing only one building. Especially when I'm disappointed with the drawing. Usually it's the resizing I'm disappointed with.

Oh, and cool drawings from Astana! Not everyday a building from that part of the World get's a SSP drawing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #130  
Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 11:07 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Identity Condiment
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 38,863
You make Triumph of Astana look much better than it does in close up photos.
__________________
Thunder Bay Updated 2018!other photos | my geofiction | my cities | random things | skyscraper diagrams
It's not about what you don't have—it's the little you're given, and how far you can run with it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #131  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 2:06 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Franzén View Post
Well, I can get exhausted for weeks, even after drawing only one building. Especially when I'm disappointed with the drawing. Usually it's the resizing I'm disappointed with.

Oh, and cool drawings from Astana! Not everyday a building from that part of the World get's a SSP drawing.
I have some condition always make me disappointed

1.spending a lot of time to find the facade because the imformation of the building is rare. especially chinese diagrams

2.spending too much time to draw a diagram.like" Triumph of Astana"

3.when the diagram finish,but is ugly or not I want.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You make Triumph of Astana look much better than it does in close up photos.
Thanks but this building really make me exhausted and it still wrong in some place


Flickr 上 steamboy76112Astana-2
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #132  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 5:32 PM
Anders Franzén's Avatar
Anders Franzén Anders Franzén is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Swedish East Coast
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboy View Post
3.when the diagram finish,but is ugly or not I want.
Well, you're always youself's worst critic. I can't say I ever seen a drawing by you that didn't look good.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #133  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 3:48 AM
M.K. M.K. is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
Posts: 3,934
no steamboy, all your diagrams are lovely. as you are the best doing highrises, please do some to Brazil in the empty cards as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #134  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 6:21 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Franzén View Post
Well, you're always youself's worst critic. I can't say I ever seen a drawing by you that didn't look good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by M.K. View Post
no steamboy, all your diagrams are lovely. as you are the best doing highrises, please do some to Brazil in the empty cards as well.
I will


Flickr 上 steamboy76112Taichung-10
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #135  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 11:05 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Identity Condiment
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 38,863
Because it is something that you made, you can see all the parts where you couldn't quite get things right. Part of my job involves graphic design and there have been many times where not only have I had something I couldn't get right, but when I pointed out the mistake to the customer, they didn't care. They were just too excited to see what I had made for them.

But it's good that you're not settling. In the future your skills will be better and you can revisit past diagrams and improve them.
__________________
Thunder Bay Updated 2018!other photos | my geofiction | my cities | random things | skyscraper diagrams
It's not about what you don't have—it's the little you're given, and how far you can run with it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #136  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 12:46 AM
R@ptor's Avatar
R@ptor R@ptor is offline
Global Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 6,645
Fantastic drawings!

Not only are you the most active illustrator these days, but all of your drawings also have an excellent quality!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #137  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 4:33 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Because it is something that you made, you can see all the parts where you couldn't quite get things right. Part of my job involves graphic design and there have been many times where not only have I had something I couldn't get right, but when I pointed out the mistake to the customer, they didn't care. They were just too excited to see what I had made for them.

But it's good that you're not settling. In the future your skills will be better and you can revisit past diagrams and improve them.
I agree with you. some mistakes really no one could find,but I know clearly.





Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
Fantastic drawings!

Not only are you the most active illustrator these days, but all of your drawings also have an excellent quality!
thanks but quantity and quality can't both exist


Flickr 上 steamboy76112Yokohama-3
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #138  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 7:04 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112St Paul-1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #139  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 1:55 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Taichung-11
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #140  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 4:33 PM
steamboy's Avatar
steamboy steamboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taipei & Taichung
Posts: 446

Flickr 上 steamboy76112Chiba-1
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:15 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.