HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

1919 Market in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
If you are going to respond to every post with “no, it’s not” and no other information there really isn’t much of a point to your posting. The construction worker said it was prep for the new tower which is more convincing to us right now than “no, it’s not”.
Okay ill stop posting then. I would rather not risk my job with the company I am working for that is doing the work...

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstructStudent View Post
Okay ill stop posting then. I would rather not risk my job with the company I am working for that is doing the work...
So to summarize your cryptic (well not so cryptic posts)...

Work is being done that needed to be done.
"This work" is NOT the "official" building work. That will begin shortly.
And don't get excited for any changes or really anything large or impressive - height wise.

Bummer. ........Have any exciting news??

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Well, it sounds like they are going to build this 367-foot so-so building after all this time. I am happy that something substantial will go here, but as others have expressed, I am a bit concerned with the fact that with this development, they've eliminated the most logical location for more Class A office space. The main other locations I can think of are the lot on the north side of Market Street between 22nd and 23rd and a few lots roughly in the area bounded by the Parkway, Broad Street, Vine Street, and 16th Street. We need that modest but respectable highrise proposal by LPT to come to fruition catty corner from CITC. Also, the underused lot on the SW corner of 20th and Arch could be suitable for a similar proposal.
Tons of space on Market East of Broad for future office development. Has all the transportation (actually more so than CC West unless you count Amtrak which may be moving to Market East in the future anyway) and same central to City Hall location. Only thing its missing is well, development.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
So to summarize your cryptic (well not so cryptic posts)...

Work is being done that needed to be done.
"This work" is NOT the "official" building work. That will begin shortly.
And don't get excited for any changes or really anything large or impressive - height wise.

Bummer. ........Have any exciting news??
It starts soon lol

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstructStudent View Post
I appreciate your information. It's good to get a reality check on what is otherwise typically pages of guesswork.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 12:02 PM
BANNED

I think the point is the work on site wouldnt be happening if the construction of the building wasn't imminent. As I speculated yesterday, it appears some sort of stabilization of the adjacent wall and other locations on the site must be done before they can really start excavation for the building. The pace at which they are working suggests that this is definitely not foundation excavation, but it is still forward movement and JPC is a major site work contractor in the area. When we see D'Angelo Brothers (or one of their few competitors) on site you will know the real excavation is underway.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:35 PM

Sorry, not much to see, but a photo just the same:

I guess this thing is definitely a go. What's the ground floor retail situation of this building?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Sorry, not much to see, but a photo just the same:

I guess this thing is definitely a go. What's the ground floor retail situation of this building?
the sign on the site for the last 2-3 years has been advertising space available for lease in the lower floors. Since so little has been written about this project who knows if they have any tenants lined up or not. There has been mostly silence on the progress or details of this development.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:57 PM

Looks like it's a go! Due to the location I would expect a bank on the ground floor. Hoping they can bring a restaurant though to the retail space which would add some much needed foot traffic on this end of Market outside of business hours.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Sorry, not much to see...
Sadly, that describes the finished product for this site perfectly.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Looks like it's a go! Due to the location I would expect a bank on the ground floor. Hoping they can bring a restaurant though to the retail space which would add some much needed foot traffic on this end of Market outside of business hours.
Last I knew there was going to be a grocery store on the street corner side.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 12:36 PM
BANNED

i dont think anyone knows for sure what this building is supposed to look like at this point. When it goes to CDR we will see the final product- I would be surprised if its going to look like the images that surfaced several years ago. Complaining about the height is fine, but the design details remain to be seen.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 3:24 PM

Pretty sure this is the final decision.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Pretty sure this is the final decision.
^^ Yeah, I'm fairly certain we're stuck with that design. It could be worse I suppose, but it's such a huge waste of potential. There are so many exciting proposals in site prep or starting soon that it's hard to be too upset about this one though.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
^^ Yeah, I'm fairly certain we're stuck with that design. It could be worse I suppose, but it's such a huge waste of potential. There are so many exciting proposals in site prep or starting soon that it's hard to be too upset about this one though.
There was a concrete truck on site today, a mobile crane, and what looked like rebar getting put in. That said, it looked as though it was all focused on the eastern end of the site, so could just be further stabilizing the existing wall?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 11:50 PM
Hello

I rather have nothing built on this lot for another 5 years than the current 367 foot renderings being shown here.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
I rather have nothing built on this lot for another 5 years than the current 367 foot renderings being shown here.
eh. 365 feet. 500 feet. It mostly looks the same on ground level. I'd much prefer something be built here than not. I also don't hate this rendering. I see serious 1900 Arch potential if they cheap out on the materials, but it could look good if done right, could look really cool from the street. Certainly better than a grass lot in the middle of Philly central business district which is just embarrassing.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
The final design will be under 367' sorry for the bad news.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 12:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
eh. 365 feet. 500 feet. It mostly looks the same on ground level. I'd much prefer something be built here than not. I also don't hate this rendering. I see serious 1900 Arch potential if they cheap out on the materials, but it could look good if done right, could look really cool from the street. Certainly better than a grass lot in the middle of Philly central business district which is just embarrassing.
I dont think the design is that bad either. Looks better than 1900 arch IMHO. I dont think any of these recent apt towers are exceptional, and that includes the EVO or whatever they are calling it now. A taller building would be nicer, but I am ready for this lot to go.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I dont think the design is that bad either. Looks better than 1900 arch IMHO. I dont think any of these recent apt towers are exceptional, and that includes the EVO or whatever they are calling it now. A taller building would be nicer, but I am ready for this lot to go.
1900 Arch looked a lot better in the renderings too. It's impossible to know for sure until you actually see it go up.

EVO by the way looks head and shoulders better than both of these buildings. I'm not sure how you could even begin to group EVO in with these.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive