HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 10:48 AM

Looking for rentals

Hi all,
I will be moving to Toronto soon for my studies, and will move in by mid jan. I am moving with my friend, and we both are looking for some good condos for rent. All what we found were too costly. I have a friend there, and I asked her to checkout for good condos there, and she suggested me with Mac suites. I went through their portal, and found their rental schemes, http://www.macsuites.ca/downtown/mar...-front-street/ , but is it too costyl? We are looking something good but, at low rents . looking forward to your advices.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 2:38 PM

Try:

viewit.ca

and

realtor.ca

Generally you will find cheaper rentals in the west or east ends.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 12:32 AM

Ever single apartment I've ever rented (5 in total), I've done through Kijiji, and I've had good luck every time.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 1:30 AM

I'm going to be bluntly honest, because I have lived in smaller cities and have lived through the horror of trying to find a place to live in Toronto, as a single person with no family that has significant financial resources. (My first advice is to question whether you really want to live in Toronto, but obviously your studies require it)

I work with a large number of people who have relocated to Toronto for their jobs, and every one of them who are living somewhere they're happy with used a real estate agent. It seems really odd to an outsider to think of a real estate agent as someone to find a rental, but it's the way to go in Toronto.

If you don't use a real estate agent in Toronto to find a rental, you will be at the mercy of a horribly competitive market full of thousand dollar a month slums. I would use Kijiji in smaller cities but I do not recommend it in Toronto.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 12:55 AM
HVAC guru

I used a real estate agent to find my apartment in Calgary, I had no choice but to take a place sight unseen as I was living in Vancouver and I had a tight timeline to get out there so I hired her to find me a place, she did a great job and found me a really good apartment in the area I wanted to be in. There was also no messing around with applications and such so that was nice

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada