HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblcut3 View Post
I hope Erie is able to keep revitalizing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like there have been several plans for revitalizing the waterfront, but have there been any real progress on those projects? Last time I was in Erie (years ago) I didn't notice much being done along the waterfront. Downtown Erie has a ton of potential due to it being along the lake, so I hope it keeps improving.
While some parcels have laid undeveloped for 2 decades now (i.e., the former Penelec and Holland St. Pier tracts purchased by Scott Enterprises in 1999 and sat on since then), there has been significant progress along Erie's waterfront otherwise. It looks like many of the projects that have been built or are planned appear in this thread. The main recent developments consist of the new Marriott hotel and overall redevelopment on the Sassafras St. pier (former GAF corporation factory), which Within the next 5 years, it looks like Erie's bayfront will be dramatically different.

But you're correct... there have been many proposals over the years with little action, while Erie (and its bayfront) has transitioned from a heavy industrial-based economy to more of a blended, services-oriented one. It seems that the time is finally complementary to getting real, visible progress happening on the waterfront.

Last edited by pj3000; Apr 6, 2018 at 2:46 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations