HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Jul 19, 2008, 6:24 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Some publicity!
Quote:

Loft developments featured in national publications

July 19, 2008

Two Montgomery developments by City Loft Corporation appear as recent feature articles in national magazines.

The July issue of "House Beautiful" magazine features the stylish interiors of a City Loft Corporation Agnew Street Cottage.

Designed by McAlpine Tankersley Architecture, the Agnew Street Cottages are a collection of six homes based on a modern interpretation of the classic, elegant cottage. Featuring interiors by McAlpine Booth & Ferrier Interiors, the home incorporates timeless design with modern, intelligent conveniences.

With only two homes remaining, The Agnew Street Cottages are located in Old Cloverdale near the Huntington College campus.

Additionally, The Atlantic & Pacific Development was featured in a recent issue of "Professional Builder" magazine.

"Professional Builder" focuses on the industry leaders in design and development throughout the United States.

The article highlighted the project's ability to revitalize the Cloverdale neighborhood by creating unique residences, repairing the area’s pedestrian connectivity, and establishing street-oriented shop fronts and public space.

City Loft Corp. recently received a 2008 Charter Award from the Congress of New Urbanism for The A&P, the first Charter Award winner in Alabama.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2008, 3:51 PM

Five Guys

I was out at Eastchase over the weekend and noticed there was a sign for Five Guys restaurant coming to the space where Cheeburger Cheeburger was formally located. I have never eaten there, but looked on the internet and lots of people rave over their burgers.

I had not seen a press release or announcement from Eastchase on this...

Old Posted Jul 21, 2008, 7:58 PM
Cat Enthusiast

We have a Five Guys in Decatur and their burgers are AMAZING. All their stuff is made in the store. The fries are cut fresh from the potatoes in there and the beef is completely natural. SOOOOOOOOOo good.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 3:10 AM

Get ready for the cranes...

RSA received its permit to begin pouring the concrete footings for its new $49M office tower on Dexter Ave.

Last edited by bystander1; Jul 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:05 AM
Midtown Montgomery

What's this going to be?? Where at on Dexter??

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 12:51 PM
Witty comment fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Duckz View Post
What's this going to be?? Where at on Dexter??
calm down It's the Judicial Building.

Stopped by and bugged hijackd for a second yesterday. Loft on Perry is looking good.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 5:31 PM
Midtown Montgomery

^^^Damn they do all that prep work before actually getting the permit??

Wild.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCA REP View Post
I was out at Eastchase over the weekend and noticed there was a sign for Five Guys restaurant coming to the space where Cheeburger Cheeburger was formally located. I have never eaten there, but looked on the internet and lots of people rave over their burgers.

I had not seen a press release or announcement from Eastchase on this...
They are a Northern Va chain. Basic burgers/dogs and fries with all the shell goobers you can eat while you wait. They cook their fries in peanut oil and they are great. Many up here like cheeburger cheeburger as well.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:20 PM
Midtown Montgomery

I was sad when Cheeburger closed up, but Red Robin has filled the void since

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:24 PM
Cat Enthusiast

http://decaturdaily.com/stories/13996.html

One of my friends told me last night about this story. It's about the legislative building. The three renderings in the story are AMAZING!!!! Unfortunately, y'all probably can't view them, but I'm sure you've seen them somewhere else already.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXbubba View Post
They are a Northern Va chain. Basic burgers/dogs and fries with all the shell goobers you can eat while you wait. They cook their fries in peanut oil and they are great. Many up here like cheeburger cheeburger as well.
I really liked the milkshakes at Cheeburger Cheeburger. I viewed a menu (on-line) from Five Guys and was somewhat bummed that they seem to only offer soft drinks... no milkshakes. Oh well; can't have everything!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabadrock View Post

One of my friends told me last night about this story. It's about the legislative building. The three renderings in the story are AMAZING!!!! Unfortunately, y'all probably can't view them, but I'm sure you've seen them somewhere else already.
I am guessing they are probably the three renderings from Dover Kohl that made the rounds down here around the end of May... back when talk of a proposed State House was hot and heavy:

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:42 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabadrock View Post

Well if you can view them, link em & post them up!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 8:46 PM
Geaux Tigers!

so i got bored reading the same thing over and over on the Mobile forum, so i decided to check Montgomery's, and thats the first i've heard of that RSA Jucial Bldg. Is it still going to be as ugly as depicted in the renderings?! No one could stop them? RSA has given us down in Mobile our beautiful new tower, and revamped 2 hotels, and they leave you guys with that crap! I'd be fighting a bigger fight!

just my two cents haha

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 8:50 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileLSUboy2005 View Post
so i got bored reading the same thing over and over on the Mobile forum, so i decided to check Montgomery's, and thats the first i've heard of that RSA Jucial Bldg. Is it still going to be as ugly as depicted in the renderings?!
It's not all that unattractive to me, it's just not exactly what Downtown needs with the money spent IMO.

It will be very urban looking from what the renderings look like with lots of glass. As far as final arguments go, it's development!

Quote:
RSA has given us down in Mobile our beautiful new tower, and revamped 2 hotels, and they leave you guys with that crap! I'd be fighting a bigger fight!

just my two cents haha
Well let's see. RSA has given Montgomery the RSA Tower [tallest in the city], a world class convention center/hotel, a national renowned golf course that has attracted a national tv LPGA event, two handfuls of office buildings, and what seems to be year round cranes in Downtown Montgomery. Your two cents is pitiful. I'd take all of the things RSA has done for Montgomery than one large office tower that you deem "not crap".

Have a good day & please go back to the Mobile thread.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 9:04 PM
Witty comment fail

easy there tiger.... no need to start a civil war with our french friends...

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 9:17 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoraudio View Post
easy there tiger.... no need to start a civil war with our french friends...
Juste retourner ses deux cents.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 9:17 PM

Quote:
so i got bored reading the same thing over and over on the Mobile forum
Hmmmm... the Mobile crowd must still be perfecting their Boeing bashing; that got old really quick!
Quote:
Is it still going to be as ugly as depicted in the renderings?!
Who said it was ugly? I think it is a cool looking building, but not for where they are putting it. The whole fight centered around its location and scale when compared to its location along Dexter Avenue. Plus it is not particulary friendly at street level... really set back, etc.
Quote:
No one could stop them?
A coordinated effort was launched, but the 800 pound gorilla (Bronner and the RSA) could not be reasoned with. I honestly still do not know if they really understood (or cared) what people were opposed to.
Quote:
RSA has given us down in Mobile our beautiful new tower, and revamped 2 hotels, and they leave you guys with that crap!
This last quote obviously proves your screename "boy" and that you do not have a clue. RSA has done great things for Montgomery. In fact, there are so many buildings and developments that I will not attempt to list them since I would miss something. We are gratefull for their investment, we would just like to see future investment follow the new master plan developed for our downtown. RSA has given us enough fortresses. We will certainly welcome their $$$, but just in a smarter way.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 12:12 AM

dang...why'd everyone get so defensive with LSU boy? i think he was just making light of our crappy situation with the judicial building and the 800 pound gorilla. you guys are right about all the comments to address RSA as far as their economic impact, can you imagine what that same investment would have done if it was all smart street friendly investment like the Renaissance?
by the way, i am trying to finish up 24 s. perry by the end of september and i am working on drawings for the others right now. i'll put up a rendering on a banner very soon.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 12:58 AM
Closed account

Quote:
so i got bored reading the same thing over and over on the Mobile forum
That is an interesting statement for somebody from Mobile.

BTW... I was in downtown Montgomery yesterday and it is looking good. I took some pics and will share them soon. Boomer T's was delicious too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast