HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 4:28 PM

Bleutech Park Properties to Develop $7.5B Technology-Driven Project in Las Vegas

Quote:
July 31, 2019 by Kristin Hiller

LAS VEGAS — Bleutech Park Properties Inc. has unveiled plans for a $7.5 billion mixed-use project known as Bleutech Park Las Vegas. The developer plans to break ground this December, and construction is expected to take six years. Bleutech has confirmed that financing is in place.

Bleutech Park will be home to workforce housing, luxury residential, office, retail, hotel and entertainment space. The project will incorporate environmental and technological features such as water purification, on-site waste treatment and localized air cleaning. Described as an “insular mini-city,” plans call for use of autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, robotics and other advanced technologies.

Smart buildings will be equipped with energy-generating materials using wind, water, solar and other sustainable forms of power. Flooring systems within Bleutech Park will capture and reuse the energy of human movement throughout the park, including common areas and parking structures. Resources for heating, cooling, lighting and electricity will be harvested on-site.

Project partners include general contractor Martin-Harris Construction and technology company Cisco. Aerial construction, digitization and robotics will be utilized during the construction of the project, which is expected to create 25,000 jobs.
https://rebusinessonline.com/bleutec...-in-las-vegas/

Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Bleutech Park Properties to Develop $7.5B Technology-Driven Project in Las Vegas

https://rebusinessonline.com/bleutec...-in-las-vegas/
I don’t buy it. When they don’t give an exact location it’s typically a pipe dream.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 2:57 AM

I don't know if this slipped through the cracks or is false reporting:

The Majestic

Forget Blackjack, This New $850 Million Las Vegas Luxe Resort Is Going All In on Wellness

Opening a Las Vegas hotel that stands out from the pack isn’t easy. The Strip’s spectacle of excess can eclipse just about any venture, no matter how bombastic. That’s a lesson that Majestic Las Vegas, a new high-rise hotel in the center of Sin City, seems to be embracing.

At first glance, the new resort, which will break ground next May and open in 2023, ticks off all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a Vegas high-rise: There will be 720 suites, six stand-alone restaurants helmed by world-class chefs, a pool area with 50 cabanas and a space for live entertainment—in other words, standard Vegas. What sets the Majestic apart, however, is what is not on offer: There is absolutely no gambling.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/forg...220548397.html

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 5:24 PM

Having lived in Sin-Less City for 22 years, I get more than nervous when a developer plans a ground breaking way off into next year. The land is cleared, then why not start now? There's a recession on the way, or underway, and given all the stalled projects I saw when I lived there, all Las Vegas needs is to start a project and it sits there half-finished for X number of years during the next Recession.

That $7.5 Billion mega project, well, I've seen too many pipe dreams in the 22 years I lived there.

Not surprising that they'd build a hotel with no gambling, as only 1 out of 4 that come to Vegas today gamble.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 6:06 PM

Here's a list of Strip projects in development with anticipated completion dates. Am I missing any? Is Wynn West still happening?

Caesars Forum (early 2020)
Allegiant Stadium (mid 2020)
Resorts World (late 2020)
Convention Center Expansion (2021)
MSG Sphere (2021)
The Drew (2022)

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 6:34 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Here's a list of Strip projects in development with anticipated completion dates. Am I missing any? Is Wynn West still happening?

Caesars Forum (early 2020)
Allegiant Stadium (mid 2020)
Resorts World (late 2020)
Convention Center Expansion (2021)
MSG Sphere (2021)
The Drew (2022)
Are there any developments on 'The Drew?' Has construction re-commenced on that project or is it still on hold?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Are there any developments on 'The Drew?' Has construction re-commenced on that project or is it still on hold?
Witkoff has delayed the opening to the second quarter of 2022 to seam up the construction budget. So maybe it’ll get started up sometime in 2020, if at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...re-than-a-year

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case_architect View Post
Witkoff has delayed the opening to the second quarter of 2022 to seam up the construction budget. So maybe it’ll get started up sometime in 2020, if at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...re-than-a-year
I lived in Las Vegas through the Great Recession and every year, it was when, when, when, or will it ever happen? I feel for those in the Turnberry Towers that have endured that eyesore for over 10 years, and with an expected Recession on the horizon, I'm fearful it will sit there another 10 years. I don't think any other city would have tolerated an eyesore like this for 10 long years.

Fingers and toes crossed, this eyesore will turn out to be a beauty for the Strip and an expected restaurant/bar on the 64th floor, with views looking south.

Is Adelson finally going to re-start construction on his planned tower during the Great Recession? It was still wrapped in plastic when I left there last June.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 6:24 PM

It just seems like something sooooo close to finish shouldnt take much to finish. I've heard people say that the interior is pretty much in ruins since everything was gutted and sold off but I fear too that it will be anohter decade before this thing gets finished.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 10:44 PM

Las Vegas Convention Center expansion almost halfway done

Quote:
September 2019

The $935 million Las Vegas Convention Center expansion project is about halfway complete, said Brian Yost, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority’s chief operating officer, during a Tuesday board meeting.

The project will include a new 600,000-square-foot exhibit hall and is expected to be ready in January 2021 when the annual CES show rolls into town.

Nearly 117,000 man-hours were worked in August and over 800,000 man-hours have been worked on the project to date, Yost said.
https://vegasinc.lasvegassun.com/bus...-halfway-done/

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 11:03 PM

MSG Sphere at The Venetian

Quote:
Currently under construction just outside Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian will serve as a state-of-the-art entertainment venue when it makes its highly anticipated debut. Crews in Paradise, Nev., are making steady progress on the spectacular, multi-million dollar structure, which was designed using cutting-edge technologies to revolutionize entertainment.

MSG Sphere, led by Madison Square Garden and Las Vegas Sands, will be 366-ft. tall, 516-ft. wide and include approximately 875,000 sq. ft. of interior space. Technologies will include a fully programmable LED exterior, creating a digital showcase for artists, brands and partners. Guests will be surrounded by what's being called the largest and highest resolution LED screen on earth.
https://www.constructionequipmentgui...venetian/46252

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Zombie View Post

Wow, I didn't know Resort World was that far along. Its massive. I hope it gets complete before the next big downturn. I seriously need SOMEONE to finish the Fontainebleau or whatever its called now. I also need MGM to do SOMETHING with Circus Circus now. opening in the 60s/70s, its age is clearly showing, especially up next to new resorts. It needs a whole make over. At the end of the day, its still a popular resort for families and those budget minded.

*Edit* never mind. Just found out that MGM no longer owns Circus Circus and has sold it to the owner of Treasure Island. This should be interesting. Maybe there's hope for a makeover after all.

Last edited by caligrad; Oct 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 4:29 PM
クラブトクヨ

Wow they are actually building the sphere? I thought it was just a wild concept, I will definitely goto Vegas to see that!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 5:47 AM

Hello all,

I went to Las Vegas for 21 times. I have been there before. I see Allegiant Stadium construction is really coming along nicely. It will be completed in Summer 2020.

Any news about monorail expansion yet?

What about light rail?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Wow, I didn't know Resort World was that far along. Its massive. I hope it gets complete before the next big downturn. I seriously need SOMEONE to finish the Fontainebleau or whatever its called now. I also need MGM to do SOMETHING with Circus Circus now. opening in the 60s/70s, its age is clearly showing, especially up next to new resorts. It needs a whole make over. At the end of the day, its still a popular resort for families and those budget minded.

*Edit* never mind. Just found out that MGM no longer owns Circus Circus and has sold it to the owner of Treasure Island. This should be interesting. Maybe there's hope for a makeover after all.
That is such a cool photo. I also Love that Bleutech Park Properties development.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 5:16 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
I also Love that Bleutech Park Properties development.
This has been exposed as a scam.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 10:48 PM

I was there last weekend. FINALLY happy to see that World Resort is almost complete but that big blue building has been like that for YEARS. It's going to open in 2022? god fucking damn...

XS is still one of the best night clubs imo

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 3:39 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
I was there last weekend. FINALLY happy to see that World Resort is almost complete but that big blue building has been like that for YEARS. It's going to open in 2022? god fucking damn...

XS is still one of the best night clubs imo
You were there last weekend, and no pics?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
Wow they are actually building the sphere? I thought it was just a wild concept, I will definitely goto Vegas to see that!
I thought so to at first. But it's a reality.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 2:09 AM

I know downtown Las Vegas and the Strip are totally separate but I don't hear anyone mention downtown. Any new construction going on there?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations