HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 30, 2010, 10:24 PM
Here and There

I think that anyone working downtown should consider living inner city..... as for the rest of the people, live as close to work as possible and hopefully those neighborhoods are walkable and have amenities close by.

Wouldn't it be nice if 300 homes were demolished in a place like ranchlands....and then a condo community could spring up complete with an urban grocery store and a small urban strip? I am just using Ranchlands as an example and i realize that there is a safeway kind of close by......but would I attempt to walk there if I lived 15 blocks away? Maybe not.

I have really grown to appreciate how close people in the beltline are to the grocery stores.

If my mom relocates to Calgary, and works at the new south hospital, I would suggest that she lives in Seton or one of those neighborhoods......basically whatever minimized her commute time. The problem I still see, many of those suburban neighborhoods do not have the walkability factor yet and the clients who hire the architects still dont plan very well for it. I hope there are many condos right beside the new south hospital and it becomes more walkable than some neighborhoods.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy