HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #81  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 5:06 PM
daniel_almaguer's Avatar
daniel_almaguer daniel_almaguer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 84
1. Paris (When you say "Europe" your mind goes to Paris.. just because it's too european and it's a simbol of that continent)
2. Rome (So "Roman" ='D)
3. St. Petersburg (Even the 2nd WW, it's really awesome.. you felt like a Zar in their palaces and streets)
4. Milan (So elegant and so metro)
5. Monaco (It's like a movie your stay there)
6. Salamanca (All that incredible ancient architecture by night is the perfect stamp of ancient Spain)
7. Barcelona (Incredible life style, so vibrant, so changing; but too young to be perfect)


London?? i don't think so, London is too, too, TOO boring for me..
__________________
If the music is too loud
You're too old
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #82  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 6:01 PM
The Dear Leader's Avatar
The Dear Leader The Dear Leader is offline
Lovable dictator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Where I live
Posts: 3,482
I really enjoyed Brussels. Some people might say that it's a boring city but IMO it's got a lot to offer and it has the right size, not too big, not too small.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #83  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 6:21 PM
wjfox2004's Avatar
wjfox2004 wjfox2004 is offline
FutureTimeline.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer

London?? i don't think so, London is too, too, TOO boring for me..
Freakin' weirdo.
__________________
http://www.FutureTimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #84  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 7:22 PM
Citrus-Fruit Citrus-Fruit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 744
Lol, I hate these London bashers. Arguably the most entertaining city in the world, the forefront of everything, yet people still feel the need to put it down to make them feel better about themselves.

1. London (thriving, energetic and by far Europes leader)
2. Barcelona (Amazing)
3. Valencia (Apart from the lack of clubs, its got such a nice style to it)
4. Rome (Umm, sexy)
5. Copenhagen (Nice and easy)
6. Paris (Beautiful "in some parts" but a bit dirty and to get into anything give yourself an hour)
7. Glasgow (Superb, but needs more)
8. Dublin (Fresh, modern and above everything else IRISH)
9. Frankfurt (I love the way its adopted skyscrapers, and the street scenes are lovely)
10. Thessalonki (So unheard of, yet better then Athens)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #85  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 7:29 PM
Lover Fighter's Avatar
Lover Fighter Lover Fighter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLTOWER
5.london an ugly crowded slum with no real artitechture

I assume that was a joke, and not blatant stupidity.
London is definitely not one of my favourite European cities either, but to deny its important architecture, or just its importance in general is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #86  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 8:07 PM
The Dear Leader's Avatar
The Dear Leader The Dear Leader is offline
Lovable dictator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Where I live
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus-Fruit
Lol, I hate these London bashers. Arguably the most entertaining city in the world, the forefront of everything, yet people still feel the need to put it down to make them feel better about themselves.
You see, that's your opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with you but other people are entitled to their own opinion as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #87  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 8:42 PM
wjfox2004's Avatar
wjfox2004 wjfox2004 is offline
FutureTimeline.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLTOWER
5.london an ugly crowded slum with no real artitechture
If you're serious, then that's one of the most stupid comments I've EVER read on this forum.
__________________
http://www.FutureTimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #88  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 9:12 PM
pavle051 pavle051 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: banja luka, republika srpska
Posts: 2
#1 paris
#2 thessaloniki/solun
#3 st.petersburg
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #89  
Old Posted May 12, 2006, 10:44 PM
daniel_almaguer's Avatar
daniel_almaguer daniel_almaguer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 84
Quote:
Freakin' weirdo.
Riggghhhhtttt!! whatever you say, i'll still thinking that London is boring FOR ME and that London isn't my favourite city in Europe.. sorry man!! NOT EVERYBODY LIKES LONDON!

Quote:
1. London (thriving, energetic and by far Europes leader)
WHAT!!.. hey, sorry, but if we're talking about Euro Leaders let me tell you that there's a country called GERMANY.. coucou!!.. sorry, by the way you wanna see your city hundreds of negatives argues will be posted here, just the truth.
__________________
If the music is too loud
You're too old
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #90  
Old Posted May 13, 2006, 7:24 AM
Citrus-Fruit Citrus-Fruit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer
WHAT!!.. hey, sorry, but if we're talking about Euro Leaders let me tell you that there's a country called GERMANY.. coucou!!.. sorry, by the way you wanna see your city hundreds of negatives argues will be posted here, just the truth.
One its not my city and TWO ... LIST THEM?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #91  
Old Posted May 13, 2006, 8:54 AM
renthefinn's Avatar
renthefinn renthefinn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,646
Turku
__________________
'I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.'
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #92  
Old Posted May 13, 2006, 9:35 AM
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio Mercutio is offline
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dear Leader
You see, that's your opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with you but other people are entitled to their own opinion as well.
Yes he's entitled to his opinion. However his comments look decidedly trollish to me. Motivated by what? Envy?? And anyway we are entitled to respond to his opinions of London with our opinions of him. Fair game....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #93  
Old Posted May 13, 2006, 11:30 AM
wjfox2004's Avatar
wjfox2004 wjfox2004 is offline
FutureTimeline.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer
Riggghhhhtttt!! whatever you say, i'll still thinking that London is boring FOR ME and that London isn't my favourite city in Europe.. sorry man!! NOT EVERYBODY LIKES LONDON!
I just don't see how it's logically possible to find London "boring". Please explain.

By the way, I will quote the great Samuel Johnson - "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."


Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer
WHAT!!.. hey, sorry, but if we're talking about Euro Leaders let me tell you that there's a country called GERMANY.. coucou!!.. sorry, by the way you wanna see your city hundreds of negatives argues will be posted here, just the truth.
Germany is a country. London is a city.

If we're talking about cities, then London is Europe's leading business/financial centre by a considerable margin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #94  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 4:49 AM
holladay's Avatar
holladay holladay is offline
Bombshell Vintage
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,249
I'm surprised no one has said Athens as a top choice. It's my personal favorite because of its urbanism, topography, parks, and weather. Especially the parks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #95  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
Grijander Grijander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11
-Madrid (Amazing city with a future even but impressive)
-London (There is more than enough explanation)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #96  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 3:31 PM
Metropolitan's Avatar
Metropolitan Metropolitan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfox2004
I just don't see how it's logically possible to find London "boring". Please explain.

By the way, I will quote the great Samuel Johnson - "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
If I tell you that London is very sprawled and that this may be seen as boring, will you answer me "go away troll" ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #97  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 4:21 PM
nito nito is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,394
No, because the Green Belt stops the sprawl that is evident around most cities in the world. Technically Paris has sprawl, because there is a vast urban area surrounding the city past the political boundaries - the density might be very high, but it is still sprawl nonetheless.
__________________
London Transport Thread updated: 2017/11/06
London Stadium & Arena Thread updated: 2017/12/06
London General Update Thread updated: 2017/11/06
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #98  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 5:05 PM
The Dear Leader's Avatar
The Dear Leader The Dear Leader is offline
Lovable dictator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Where I live
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
Yes he's entitled to his opinion. However his comments look decidedly trollish to me. Motivated by what? Envy?? And anyway we are entitled to respond to his opinions of London with our opinions of him. Fair game....
Personal attacks are just silly though. So he doesn't like London, big f'ing deal. No need to go nuts over that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #99  
Old Posted May 15, 2006, 5:16 PM
anm anm is offline
maverick
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Planet Earth, Sun, Milky Way
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
Yes he's entitled to his opinion. However his comments look decidedly trollish to me. Motivated by what? Envy?? And anyway we are entitled to respond to his opinions of London with our opinions of him. Fair game....
You are entitled to respond to his opinions of London with your opinions of his opinions, not HIM! Or am I missing something?

BTW, I have not been to London, and therefore will refrain from airing my opinions extrapolated from pictures and other people's opinions. So far nobody who has been to London that I personally know ever told me it was a boring city. Americans are blown away (usually), Europeans are less impressed or simply unimpressed, that is definitely the trend I noticed. Is it because most Europeans have damn good cities of their own?
__________________
Russia , St. Petersburg, Moscow , Moscow's skyline , Moscow IBC, Moscow projects & updates, Moscow metro, Moscow Parks and Estates

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #100  
Old Posted May 21, 2006, 9:21 PM
High in the sky High in the sky is offline
Get away from my cake
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: belo Horizonte/Oxford/Vancouver
Posts: 136
Ok i´ve lived in Europe for one year and my favorites cities are:
1:London ( no need to say anything)
2:Barcelona (It´s people , superb vibe , crazy town)
3:Frankfurt (It´s architecture)
4:wien: very charming , very friendly people
Sorry guys no Paris here.....Not my kinda of town
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.