HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 11:07 PM

Indeed, Ottawa although very much larger is similar to Moncton with the bilingual status and us the French population including moi is well aware of Simons. The Simons store in Ottawa at CF Rideau Centre is strong and doing well, just across the QC border. CF could see their Champlain location as an opportunity to replicate at a smaller scale. Simons can adapt in size and selection so perhaps we could get a smaller store with a somewhat smaller selection too. However, I do believe that a traditional department still has a place at Champlain and our Moncton retail market... For the record I biased towards HBC for several reasons, but I do like Simons also. I sure hope CF has a grand plan for this space and won't throw a whatever store in there; a second tier tenant, a tenant we already have in Moncton, a "filler" tenant or a tenant that won't bring foot traffic. Their recent track record in the past few years is not very exciting or on point...

Last edited by OUIR@random; Dec 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I’ve often thought that was strange too. Only one gas station too and it’s pretty old. The area could definitely use a Tim’s, a subway, and probably a burger place, maybe like BK cause there isn’t one in riverview,
Well, someone did try to open a Gas Bar / Coffee Shop on the previously empty plot of land in Point Park that is now an Apartment building.

Much opposition was made to it, some of which came from the Gas Station across the street. And honestly, if someone had put a Circle K or some other brand there it would have been the end for that place.

I live across the street from it but rarely go over there unless I am filling up my ATV before I go on the trails or new Gas for my Snow Blower.

Adding a Tim Horton's in the parking lot next to the Petro or building an add-on to the store to include one would be a busy place! They'd probably have to put in traffic lights at Point Park Dr. with all the traffic going in there!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienc View Post
Well, someone did try to open a Gas Bar / Coffee Shop on the previously empty plot of land in Point Park that is now an Apartment building.

Much opposition was made to it, some of which came from the Gas Station across the street. And honestly, if someone had put a Circle K or some other brand there it would have been the end for that place.

I live across the street from it but rarely go over there unless I am filling up my ATV before I go on the trails or new Gas for my Snow Blower.

Adding a Tim Horton's in the parking lot next to the Petro or building an add-on to the store to include one would be a busy place! They'd probably have to put in traffic lights at Point Park Dr. with all the traffic going in there!
I remember a few plans for the area. I do beleive several Companies including Irving, and the Corey Craig Group had plans but I had never heard more then adding to the portfolio, and then radio silence. If the Corey Craig Group where to have purchased the land it would have Probably been a Shell/Tim's combo with a Wendy's nex door.

While on the subject of Riverview, and what the have, and don't I seen a few plans over the years I'm not sure if any had made it's way to a town council meeting but someone had plans to propose a hotel. I'm 99.99% certain that would have been declined.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 11:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hot Topic is apparently now open at CF Champlain.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Hot Topic is apparently now open at CF Champlain.
Was in there last night around 8 and it was busy. This store is gonna drive a lot of foot traffic especially for young folks. I’m estatic!!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Was in there last night around 8 and it was busy. This store is gonna drive a lot of foot traffic especially for young folks. I’m estatic!!
I was in there about the same time. Do you remember seeing an old fart wandering aimlessly around the store, somebody about 30 years older than anyone else there????

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 12:43 PM

I am hoping in the slot in between Hot Topic and Jump plus that we do get Journeys here in town. But as far as Sears it will be interesting to see and also the spot where Country lane is too. I hope that CF can give us a Home run as far as retailers in the mall.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I am hoping in the slot in between Hot Topic and Jump plus that we do get Journeys here in town. But as far as Sears it will be interesting to see and also the spot where Country lane is too. I hope that CF can give us a Home run as far as retailers in the mall.
I've never understood what kind of deals are put in place In this case for Sears staff is aware that there is a Tenant, and a lease has either already been signed, or is in the process. It seems they did have a tenant for the old T.H. Now Country Lane but it took to long for the reno, and move back for Country Lane/Home Essence to go back to there original spot, and the tenant has backed out. But all we are left ith is speculation for the tenant(s) that CF Champlain has in place, or in mind fr the empty spots, and the soon to be empty. Unless you know store managers you don't know hat bussiness will be moving where unti'll A) They put up signs if they do, or B) They put a sign at there old location saying they have moved to there new location.

Last edited by Scarface; Dec 15, 2017 at 9:34 PM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 7:16 PM

Quote:
I was in there about the same time. Do you remember seeing an old fart wandering aimlessly around the store, somebody about 30 years older than anyone else there????
I think I do haha. I think I was wearing a black coat with a teal coloured touque.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Journeys would fit perfect there!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 7:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently renovations have started in the old Tommy space at CF Champlain. No indication yet as to what is moving in there.......

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Apparently renovations have started in the old Tommy space at CF Champlain. No indication yet as to what is moving in there.......
Always hopping for Hollister and I doubdt it would happen. But who knows.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 7:45 PM

Chef Inspired is looking at opening a Cheese Curds® and Habaneros™ restaurant in Moncton.

http://www.chefinspired.ca/immediate-opportunities

I'd never heard of it but does anyone else know of them?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Chef Inspired is looking at opening a Cheese Curds® and Habaneros™ restaurant in Moncton.

http://www.chefinspired.ca/immediate-opportunities

I'd never heard of it but does anyone else know of them?
Cheese curds is suposed to be a fancy burger, and poutine fast food styled restaurant, and Habaneros a Taco shop. This company also has a few other businesses Including a food truck food court, BBQ, Sea food, and Asian noodle bar.

I'm wondering if they do have intrest, or are trying to drum up intrest as it's the first I hear of them having any intrest coming from Greater Moncton.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 2:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Reposted from the Moncton Northwest thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Hustle is reporting that 3 locations have been chosen for the new CanabisNB Retail stores.

Choice Properties – 165 Main St. (Superstore complex)
Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St. (near Costco)
Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.
For the Wyse St. location, this must be the last vacant CRU between Tommy Hilfiger and CAA in the Mapleton Centre..

Old Posted Dec 24, 2017, 7:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interior work has begun for Structube at the Mapleton Centre.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 11:57 PM

How many more days/ weeks is sears still open and do we have any hints on a possible replacement?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 11:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
How many more days/ weeks is sears still open and do we have any hints on a possible replacement?
10 more days

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 5:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's interesting that the average size of a Simon's department store is 107,000 sq ft.

The Sears at CF Champlain is 107,300 sq ft........

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 2:06 PM

Quote:
It's interesting that the average size of a Simon's department store is 107,000 sq ft.

The Sears at CF Champlain is 107,300 sq ft........
It will be interesting to follow whats going to happen with that space and other space and has Lululemon decided if they wanted to stay here on a permanent basis.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces