HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:13 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazkey View Post
In other OTHER Frontier-related news: the ABIA website recently posted an updated map of the terminal that says Frontier will start flying out of the South Terminal on November 14, 2018: http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/def...t_counters.pdf. Not sure about reliability - I haven't seen this announced or press-released anywhere else yet, and that date is less than two months away. On the other hand, I seem to remember Allegiant only announcing their move a couple of months in advance, so could be legit.

They currently share gates with other airlines in the main terminal, so it wouldn't mean more open gates, but could mean more check-in counter space for whoever picks up the expansion gates??
It would also allow Delta (who they generally gate-share with) to operate more flights out of the same gates.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 4:06 PM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazkey View Post
In other OTHER Frontier-related news: the ABIA website recently posted an updated map of the terminal that says Frontier will start flying out of the South Terminal on November 14, 2018: http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/def...t_counters.pdf. Not sure about reliability - I haven't seen this announced or press-released anywhere else yet, and that date is less than two months away. On the other hand, I seem to remember Allegiant only announcing their move a couple of months in advance, so could be legit.

They currently share gates with other airlines in the main terminal, so it wouldn't mean more open gates, but could mean more check-in counter space for whoever picks up the expansion gates??
I believe this announcement is reliable, I have heard about this coming from a source as well.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
TL;DR I’m not really hoping Emirates comes here so much as I’m afraid they might.

But, yes, in general, I also like TK as a carrier better (although the new Istanbul airport can’t come soon enough. Sitting on the floor is overrated).
My next flight on them is next March. I hear the new airport will be fully in operations by then.

When I flew through in July...I realized how much they needed a new one. Even if I spend 2 hours there, it seems like the only way to get a decent seat is by buying a beer at a restaurant.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin