HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Vista Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 3:48 AM

Alderman Reilly would neverrrrr let them work 24/7 through the night putting up glass. Our neighborhood is very vocal to say the least lol.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisky View Post
is it possible for Wanda to still operate but not own?
Of course.

That doesn’t mean they will, but many hotel operators in prime markets don’t own their property. There were a lot of opco/propco conversions during the 1990s and 2000s and there are a number of REITs focused on hotels.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRILLHO View Post
Alderman Reilly would neverrrrr let them work 24/7 through the night putting up glass. Our neighborhood is very vocal to say the least lol.
I wonder if the source was referring to the plant making the glass... now those guys could potentially work shifts 24/7 to make the glass panels, then just install on site as much as possible to not get shut down by the city. Will be interesting to see, no doubt.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
I wonder if the source was referring to the plant making the glass... now those guys could potentially work shifts 24/7 to make the glass panels, then just install on site as much as possible to not get shut down by the city. Will be interesting to see, no doubt.

Highly doubtful whether extra time will be added to the work day for the various reasons already stated, but this is a big building and certainly could handle a number of installing crews. I've got no idea what it takes to put such crews together and what the logistics are in us say doubling the number of crews, issues like crane time for hoisting the units onto the correct floors for staging, etc. Even just off loading trucks at the site can be a task that has to be well planed and scheduled. These somewhat hidden details of high rise construction are fascinating.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Highly doubtful whether extra time will be added to the work day for the various reasons already stated, but this is a big building and certainly could handle a number of installing crews. I've got no idea what it takes to put such crews together and what the logistics are in us say doubling the number of crews, issues like crane time for hoisting the units onto the correct floors for staging, etc. Even just off loading trucks at the site can be a task that has to be well planed and scheduled. These somewhat hidden details of high rise construction are fascinating.
I'm not in the space but a good friend of mine is and the amount of minute details are incredible. It takes an army for almost every trade.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Of course.

That doesn’t mean they will, but many hotel operators in prime markets don’t own their property. There were a lot of opco/propco conversions during the 1990s and 2000s and there are a number of REITs focused on hotels.
But I cant imagine a new investor like Triple Five would accept Wanda as the hotel operator when they have no track record in the US and barely even a track record in Asia.

Old Posted Today, 7:54 AM
Chicago

September 18, 2018

September 19, 2018

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction