HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 8:35 PM
Only Mostly Dead

They've completed the 22nd floor deck now. In addition to fireproofing on floors 2-5, there is glass staged all over these same floors. Shouldn't be much longer until we start seeing some of that installed.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 8:57 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
They've completed the 22nd floor deck now. In addition to fireproofing on floors 2-5, there is glass staged all over these same floors. Shouldn't be much longer until we start seeing some of that installed.
Ah, staged glass is definetly a good sign. I'm very pleased with the rate that this one is rising at. Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 11:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
I'm very pleased with the rate that this one is rising at.
Have you told them? I'm sure they'd be gratified.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 4:59 AM
Sonoma Strong

photos - maybe you can see whats in them?!? or theyre too fuzzy...

i took these today with my cellphone. show me glass!

301 mission peeking in the background

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 7:41 AM
BANNED

^^^Man, you've GOT glass. What you need is lens cleaner. But just consider that once people had to resort to putting Vaseline on their lenses for these effects.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 11:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay420 View Post
i took these today with my cellphone. show me glass!

301 mission peeking in the background
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2416/...079a3e25_o.jpg
Now THAT's what a city street should look like! Love that density, variation in color, texture, and building materials, and the great great walls of capitalism

The only American cities I've seen with these types of canyons are here in SF, Chicago, NY, and possibly Boston. One thing I much prefer in America over European cities is our "concrete jungles," that you can't find even in the financial districts of Frankfurt or London. It's the advantage of living on an island that is so hard up for real estate!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
Now THAT's what a city street should look like! Love that density, variation in color, texture, and building materials, and the great great walls of capitalism

The only American cities I've seen with these types of canyons are here in SF, Chicago, NY, and possibly Boston. One thing I much prefer in America over European cities is our "concrete jungles," that you can't find even in the financial districts of Frankfurt or London. It's the advantage of living on an island that is so hard up for real estate!
I can't wait for 335 to go up 'cause it's going to look even better!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 7:41 AM
BANNED

^^^You mean 535??

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 3:56 PM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

i love the canyon effect too. this stretch of mission will be better with 535 and the transbay terminal. oh, just imagining that!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 5:38 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay420 View Post
i love the canyon effect too. this stretch of mission will be better with 535 and the transbay terminal. oh, just imagining that!
Don't forget Piano's bamboo shoots on the other side of the street. And there's the plan for another tower at 350 Mission. I'm also waiting (hoping) to hear about a plan for the parking lot next to Walgreen's at Mission and Main. Someday Mission might just surpass Market or Montgomery as SF's premier canyon.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^You mean 535??
Yes, my mistake, sorry. I love the rendering for that project and think that it will add significantly to the street even though it is not overly tall. Think how great all of this will look from the new park on top of the terminal.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:26 AM
Edge_City

I really dig this building. It reminds me of a building in ATL. I really like how the glass structures extend above the last floor on each building.

ATL building I think it looks like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1180_Peachtree

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 6:08 PM
North Beach

A glass truck was parked here this morning (10/13)

Two for one:

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 6:31 PM
BANNED

Muy bonito, that glass is stunning. Exceeded my expectations. And to think this one and 301 mission didn't exist only a year ago. I really like all these glass effects going on in the new buildings, though some may refer to them as "candy stripes," I think it makes the building more dynamic.

Last edited by tyler82; Oct 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 9:54 PM
Green Berniecrat

Great, I've been anticipating glass on this one, I love it. It almost looks like a cross between Millenium's glass and the famed green glass from "Manass", with the stipes added for spice. This too has exceeded my expectations and I cant wait to see more. Thanks for the update

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 10:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
Great, I've been anticipating glass on this one, I love it. It almost looks like a cross between Millenium's glass and the famed green glass from "Manass", with the stipes added for spice. This too has exceeded my expectations and I cant wait to see more. Thanks for the update
This one has the exact same color scheme as Infinity, maybe a tad less intense though.

I noticed that there is a transparent fin sticking out of the glass.

Last edited by tyler82; Oct 14, 2007 at 12:57 AM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2007, 8:02 PM
Only Mostly Dead

This glass looks very nice in person. Those clear fins appear to be on some sections of the building but not others. I think they will make for interesting lighting effects and add variety to the texture of the building face.

They're at street level with the plaza (west of the building) so I guess they're done with the parking levels -- structurally anyway. This plaza will make a nice mid-block cut-through to Minna, something this block can use, besides the soon-to-be developed parking lot on the east side of the lowrise (is that little brick building 545 Mission?).

Last edited by peanut gallery; Oct 16, 2007 at 5:02 AM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 4:03 AM

I can't wait to see in person tomorrow. I've been on the east coast since last week and have to catch up on my skyscraper news.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 5:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
This plaza will make a nice mid-block cut-through to Minna, something this block can use, besides the soon-to-be developed parking lot on the east side of the lowrise (is that little brick building 545 Mission?).
The cut-through will take you to the bus terminal in the, one hopes, not too distant future. And the Pelli design supposedly features retail of some sort along Minna and Natoma, turning them into pedestrian arcades.

As for the glass, I think its best feature is the way it wraps around the support columns giving textural interest to the facade. That's neat!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 5:59 AM
BANNED

I've never seen a facade like this on a high rise before, it's like textural details transformed into graphic effects. Interesting!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive