HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 7:38 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
It's for the AC Hotel, not the residential tower
The AC Hotel is a 15 story tower. Not a big tower, but still a tower. It will take a good amount of time to redesign it. I'd say 5 to 6 months minimum.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
The AC Hotel is a 15 story tower. Not a big tower, but still a tower. It will take a good amount of time to redesign it. I'd say 5 to 6 months minimum.
ah my bad

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 7:46 PM
Modulator

Quote:
ah my bad
No problem. I just hope they keep at 15 if it's redesigned!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 11:31 PM
Modulator

Found a peak at what we are getting at Arizona Center with the AC Hotel. Only a partial rendering, but looks like they may have done away with the angled design we seen have previously. I will dig a little deeper and see if I can find some full renderings.

Photo courtesy of: https://luxedaily.luxesource.com/

Edit: After seeing this, I do not think the setback they are requesting is a problem. I mean it's a hotel. It needs to have a drop-off/pickup location. I think it looks very well done.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Found a peak at what we are getting at Arizona Center with the AC Hotel. Only a partial rendering, but looks like they may have done away with the angled design we seen have previously. I will dig a little deeper and see if I can find some full renderings.

Photo courtesy of: https://luxedaily.luxesource.com/

Edit: After seeing this, I do not think the setback they are requesting is a problem. I mean it's a hotel. It needs to have a drop-off/pickup location. I think it looks very well done.
Also someone had posted a link to updated Palm Court renderings and I have to say I like the newer renderings.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:19 PM

There were some new renderings of the Palm Court Tower posted on the Phoenix thread and wanted to make sure they weren't missed here...

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:37 PM

It looks like we have two competing renderings and nobody knows which is being used

This appears to be the green one without the green and the other one looks taller and in my opinion much nicer

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
It looks like we have two competing renderings and nobody knows which is being used

This appears to be the green one without the green and the other one looks taller and in my opinion much nicer
My vote is for this rendering as well. It looks clean and sleek.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 5:35 PM

And it appears to be a unique silver finish, very sleek and clean!!!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 6:36 PM

Quote:

I would put my $ on the rendering posted today.

It has hints of the Bruder's most recent project in Old Town, Eldorado. Palm court looks to be a taller & more value engineered version of the $1.7m condos:

http://willbruderarchitects.com/proj...dorado-on-1st/

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 11:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
I would put my $ on the rendering posted today.

It has hints of the Bruder's most recent project in Old Town, Eldorado. Palm court looks to be a taller & more value engineered version of the $1.7m condos:

http://willbruderarchitects.com/proj...dorado-on-1st/
So tired of the term value engineered when looking at a building you don't like. Way over-used IMO.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballister View Post
So tired of the term value engineered when looking at a building you don't like. Way over-used IMO.
Haha what? I love the building. I mentioned that it might be a value engineered version because they're apartments, not $1.7m condo's like Eldorado.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 9:34 AM

Quote:
^^^ totally agree...hard to gripe and moan about the AMC when it's not even part of the future plans of AZ Center

Also, according to the initial renderings, additional retail footprint is supposed to go across the street from Hooter's (see first page of this thread for reference)

I don't think extending Taylor St to 5th St was ever part of their long term plans as seen below:

I'm not sure that concept means anything. If the AMC does go, I would love to see a theater as an anchor near USAC/CityScape, or for smaller theaters to renovate sites like 'the hub' [valley bar] or the Adams/Windsor Hotel.

Taylor was never planned to be opened up; I simply think that the footprint of the mall is way too large for its location and adding some circulation would increase visibility, etc. It would also extend Taylor Mall into PBC, connecting educational hubs with what could have been a DT Mill Ave of sorts.

There seems to be no retail at all planned for either of the new towers; that means Van Buren and 5th St are entirely without any retail entrances. The retail would be best if filled with nightlife dining/drinking and small stores to cater to the population nearby. The base of one of these towers could have offered space for an anchor store that would allow smaller ones to survive. Imagine a 3-story Apple on VB? Or H&M on Fillmore? One of those would allow stores like Brooks Bros, ALDO, ULTA, Sunglass Hut, etc. to survive.

There is little more than UOF in terms of true retail. That is a pretty big issue for the increasing population. And, a concentrated amount like at AZC would make the most sense is all.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 11:41 AM

I’d rather see a new or remodeled theatre as well.

Block23 would have been a great location. Perhaps we could get a Harkins in the proposal for Central Station. Probably a pipe dream, but I think those are the two best locations. Too late for one of them. I truely hope the western block of city scape gets redeveloped with two towers and some increased retail. Another pipe dream though.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
My vote is for this rendering as well. It looks clean and sleek.
I just got a chance to watch the Planning and Economic Development Subcommittee meeting that took place on the 18th and these new renderings were presented to the committee.

The numbers they presented:
  • 29-story tower at 440 E. Van Buren
  • $107m to construct
  • 354 Multi-Family units inc'l 6% (20 units) affordable/workforce housing. (Councilwoman Pastor pushed for more affordable units but the developer stressed that the margin was already very low on the project)
  • 370 Parking spaces (Nowakowski expressed appreciation for parking and made a comment/joke about recent DT projects being down to 0 parking due to the light rail)
  • They are asking for an 8-year GPLET

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPHX View Post
I just got a chance to watch the Planning and Economic Development Subcommittee meeting that took place on the 18th and these new renderings were presented to the committee.

The numbers they presented:
  • 29-story tower at 440 E. Van Buren
  • $107m to construct
  • 354 Multi-Family units inc'l 6% (20 units) affordable/workforce housing. (Councilwoman Pastor pushed for more affordable units but the developer stressed that the margin was already very low on the project)
  • 370 Parking spaces (Nowakowski expressed appreciation for parking and made a comment/joke about recent DT projects being down to 0 parking due to the light rail)
  • They are asking for an 8-year GPLET
These old idiots and their parking nonsense I’d bet 100$ nowakowski’s time spent downtown is driving into city hall and driving out of city hall.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 3:06 PM
Modulator

Quote:
These old idiots and their parking nonsense I’d bet 100$ nowakowski’s time spent downtown is driving into city hall and driving out of city hall.
The only Downtown project without a parking garage that I know of is the Hampton. Nowakowski is out if tune with what makes a city a city and he is obviously miss-informed about Downtown projects. It's too bad he didn't get in trouble with his shenanigans with the Fillmore project. He should've been booted.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:48 PM

Piggybacking off of AnthonyPHX's post:

Downtown apartment tower heads to Phoenix City Council for final approval

Quote:
The 29-story apartment complex proposed on vacant land at the Arizona Center at Fifth and Van Buren streets is headed to the Phoenix City Council for a vote after the council’s planning and economic development subcommittee voted to recommend approval.

The complex, called Palm Court Tower, will contain 354 apartment units, about 20 of which will be designated for workforce housing for renters between 80 and 120 percent of the area's median income.

The development will cost $107 million and will also include 370 parking spaces.

The city council vote has not yet been scheduled.

The developer of the property, North American Development Group, is also requesting an eight-year government property lease excise tax, or GPLET. GPLETs involve city governments owning land but leasing or allowing private developments on those parcels. They result in the developers and businesses on those lands paying lower property taxes than if they owned the land.

At the subcommittee meeting, Councilwoman Laura Pastor said she would like to see the developer offer as many workforce housing units as possible if the city is going to grant the GPLET as a financial incentive.

Nick Wood, the attorney representing the developer, said he would ask the developer to consider adding more workforce units if it is financially workable.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...enix-city.html

Another rendering here: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...tml#i/11053345

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 8:13 PM
Modulator

Yesterday while walking, I noticed that the grass where Palm Court and AC Hotel are planned to go is being allowed to dry out. A couple of flags are now visible here and there to mark the underground utility stuff.

Could we be seeing some action soon?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 6:00 PM
Modulator

The Palm Court Tower grass section has been marked off with caution tape. Could construction be imminent? Looks like Kenect and Palm Court are going to take off around the same time frame.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest