HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 5:38 AM

Sure, stupid things happen when there's a scrum after the whistle, but don't you find this behavior a little bizarre when the 2 captains are discussing penalty calls with the referee?

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 4:33 PM
Change is good

I think Joe Thorton was just trying to remind the ref of the usual antics of the canucks...

Henrik "Dive Master" Sedin and his whiny baby brother are just the tip of the ice berg

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
I think Joe Thorton was just trying to remind the ref of the usual antics of the canucks...

Henrik "Dive Master" Sedin and his whiny baby brother are just the tip of the ice berg
LOL! Not only a pathetic (though hardly surprising) dive, but pretty moronic. Schmuck could have got hurt falling like that. Actually, would have been poetic justice if he had been, and even more LOL worthy!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 5:25 PM

so I take it there is a rivalry between the Oilers and Canucks

I'd love to beat the Leafs going into the New Year...should be a great game, look forward to it

hope the Jets can keep their PO spot throughout the second half of the season

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 5:29 PM
gettin' rich!

Winnipeg is going down, I'm not even gonna bother watching the game, anyways. Will watch the Juniors playing... but still the Leafs should win that game, otherwise, Wilson gets fired.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 6:35 PM

Have you watched any Jets games recently? They are doing amazing. Besides they are placed higher than the Leafs in the standings, and have the distinct advantage of being at home. Sorry, your Leafs are going down. I will definitely be watching the game, as it is probably going to be the only CBC National Broadcast game of the Jets all year. I will PVR the Juniors. Any Digital wagers on who wins? I will bet 200 Banana's on the Jets Winning!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 6:52 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Guy View Post
LOL! Not only a pathetic (though hardly surprising) dive, but pretty moronic. Schmuck could have got hurt falling like that. Actually, would have been poetic justice if he had been, and even more LOL worthy!
If you think this is the only example, google "Sedin Dive" and you'll find examples from just about every game played by the canucks since the Sedin's came into the league.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:03 PM

Don't you hate it when the sedins each win the art Ross and henrik hasn't missed one game in eight years. Diving is in their blood. Theyre european. Look at soccer. They cant help it haha. We all used to hate the Oilers when they won all the time as well.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:03 PM

Quote:
^ Coming from the fan of the team that has won Olympic medals for diving, whining, biting and general doucheyness all-around?

I'm sure HNIC will play that up. Perhaps they can also replay Burrows biting Bergeron or all the other cheapshots the canucks line up for every game.
OK, that is it, i am tired of this shit. How the fuck is this crap not trolling??? How is it any different than what Sconadian was saying against Calgary.

Honestly, grow up pal, get over it. Sounds like sour grapes if anything from you. Yes, the Oilers are terrible now, you are pissed off and are directing your anger towards the Canucks, we get it, enough already.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:27 PM
Change is good

^ I'm sorry, I'm talking about Hockey here. Sconadian was posting remarks that were not worth reposting, and it wasn't just about Calgary, and were not hockey related. Learn the difference.
The fact that you "tired of this shit anymore" is just another way of you saying "I can't possible defend the on-ice antics of my team"

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:29 PM
Change is good

I guess we need more evidence?

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:33 PM

You really are a bitter little individual, aren't you? Have fun in the playoffs

I am done here, don't want to be sucked down anymore to Feepa's level.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
so I take it there is a rivalry between the Oilers and Canucks
Well considering the Oilers always loose and the Canucks always win there's not much of a rivalry. Canucks couldn't care less about the Oilers.
I'm not a huge hockey fan but the Oilers have become my favorite team and only in our wildest dreams can we even begin to compete against them.

Quote:
^ Coming from the fan of the team that has won Olympic medals for diving, whining, biting and general doucheyness all-around?

I'm sure HNIC will play that up. Perhaps they can also replay Burrows biting Bergeron or all the other cheapshots the canucks line up for every game.
After reading most posts here i have to call you out as the most pathetic of all the pathetic Flames fans.
Flames & Habs fans are like those little flies that keep on buzzing around you and will not go away.

Disclosure, before the Habs fans jump the gun, i have a great deal of respect for the organization however, the same can't be said about the fans.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:38 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
You really are a bitter little individual, aren't you? Have fun in the playoffs
nice retort. I'm not bitter, just factual. I think I've made my point clearly, as you've only responded by calling me names.

If you want to see bitter, see what happened in June 2011 in Vancouver.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:39 PM
Go Chiefs!

Erik Cole has now as many pts as Brad Richards (the #1 FA this summer).

He's on pace for 32 goals while his friend Eric Staal is on pace for 19.

Should be good with Grigorenko next year.

We could have a line with Cole (6" 2), Grigorenko (6" 2, maybe a 6" 3 by next year?) and Pacioretty (6" 2).

Grigorenko plays for Patrick Roy and the Quebec Remparts so it makes sense to draft him and then name Roy as head coach.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 7:39 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyou View Post
Well considering the Oilers always loose and the Canucks always win there's not much of a rivalry. Canucks couldn't care less about the Oilers.
I'm not a huge hockey fan but the Oilers have become my favorite team and only in our wildest dreams can we even begin to compete against them.

After reading most posts here i have to call you out as the most pathetic of all the pathetic Flames fans.
Flames & Habs fans are like those little flies that keep on buzzing around you and will not go away.

Disclosure, before the Habs fans jump the gun, i have a great deal of respect for the organization however, the same can't be said about the fans.

Too bad I'm not a habs or Flames fan... But I do find honour in a game played by men, not diving sedins cry babies.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 8:17 PM

As a fan, I think the leafs should purposely miss the playoffs to draft quality players for D.
the defense is still non-existent.

Luke Schenn is a joke! It's insulting that hes even employed.

How else does a team with top of the line defence lose to the crapicanes?

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 8:18 PM
Hello World

I'm sure if Joe Thornton did that to any of your own team's captain, you'd be having the same reaction as the Canucks fans. It's disrespectful and just really immature for pro hockey. Those of you trolling, stay classy.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 8:57 PM

Though Vancouver was my favourite team during the Jets absence (natural coming from the Farm team) I have never liked the Sedin twins. And Would have to agree that over the last couple of years the Vancouver team has become very soccer like. I think Don Cherry has touched on their antics a few times. His words fell along the lines of "Shut up and play hockey". He also pointed out their inability to take a hit without whining to the refs about it.

I love Vancouver and the fans, and I personally love Luongo despite his ups and downs. But I really don't like the turn of the NHL towards soccer. These calls for less fighting and less physical play is kind of annoying to me. Fighting and physical play have been a part of hockey since it began. To say it takes from the game is an oxymoronic al statement at best. I especially enjoy fighting when done with good sportsmanship. For example Tanner Glass from the Jets fought Aaron Asham and there are key components to the fight that can be recognized. Both agreed to fight before hand. Asham stopped when Glass was warn out. And both saluted each others effort following the fight. That is a great example of exemplary hockey. However I do disagree with the fighting when it is out of nothing but anger or spite.

Hockey has been down in registration for the last couple of years here in Oxford County, and kids say it is because of the amount of penalties, as OMHA is trying to rid minor hockey of physical play. If the kids want hits then they should get hits. I played physical hockey for 15 years and my brain is still screwed on tight. I may be a little slower, I really cannot recall . But I am sure that I do not regret one minute of it!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyou View Post
The feeling is mutual.

Although I have nothing against Habs fans or any others that are not of the Canuck variety.

Except NetMapel..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada