HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 7:17 PM
Future God

Yet another large apartment proposal. This time, a 235 unit, $30 million complex near the future 28th/31st Ave. connector on Charlotte Ave. No rendering yet.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...th-avenue.html

There are a lot of smaller things going on that aren't getting much discussion here. I'm guessing it's probably because, like me, most SSP Nashville forumers are already reading about and/or discussing these projects on urbanplanet or skyscrapercity. haha

To the outsider, don't let the general lack of discussion in this thread fool you. There is A TON going on in Nashville right now.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 7:54 PM
Future God

Also, I'm guessing this will never happen as I've heard nothing, but does anyone have any information about the status of this proposal made in 2006 by Neil M. Denari architects for a redevelopment of the Neuhoff Complex called "NEU City"??

http://www.nmda-inc.com/index.php?/projects/neu-city/

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 8:04 PM

Looks (and sounds) like something you'd see in Vienna.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 9:10 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Also, I'm guessing this will never happen as I've heard nothing, but does anyone have any information about the status of this proposal made in 2006 by Neil M. Denari architects for a redevelopment of the Neuhoff Complex called "NEU City"??

http://www.nmda-inc.com/index.php?/projects/neu-city/

Read this. The 6th paragraph, specifically.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 9:57 PM
Future God

Oh my, that is quite tragic. I guess that settles that. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. It doesn't sound like it was ever to serious a proposal anyway. I just recall seeing that rendering several years ago and being blown away by it.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:14 PM

Elliston 23 receives building permit

Metro Nashville has issued a building permit for the construction of Elliston 23, a 331-unit apartment building just east of Centennial Park.

The 360,000-square-foot Southern Land Co development at 2300 Elliston Place will feature 14,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, according to the permit

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:20 PM
Future God

Here are a couple more projects I personally wasn't aware of...and again, I'm just getting this from the good guys over at the urbanplanet Nashville page:

New 9 story, 287K square foot Hotel/Office/Restaurant complex on West End Ave. to include both a Residence Inn and a Springhill Suites:

Here is a rendering from Smith Gee Studios of a 78 unit multi-family residential complex up on Dickerson Road called "Gatewood". There really isn't much up in this neck of the woods, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes over:

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:26 PM

Publix Supermarkets scouting downtown/midtown

Rumors are flying about Publix Supermarkets, based in Lakeland, Florida, pursuing a downtown or midtown location in the near-future. This would make a lot of sense because the closest Publix to downtown is at the very end of West End Avenue, where it becomes Harding Pike in Belle Meade. Downtown has Turnip Truck in the Gulch and H.G. Hill Urban Market in the Viridian but no true grocery store in the sense that it can/does have everything. Apparently one location being scouted is the proposed 9-story apartment building Bristol is planning on Demonbreun near the Roundabout.

Publix was hoping to open a location on Gallatin Road in East Nashville near Douglas Avenue but plans were shotdown by Metro or something along those lines.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:52 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Rumors are flying about Publix Supermarkets, based in Lakeland, Florida, pursuing a downtown or midtown location in the near-future. This would make a lot of sense because the closest Publix to downtown is at the very end of West End Avenue, where it becomes Harding Pike in Belle Meade. Downtown has Turnip Truck in the Gulch and H.G. Hill Urban Market in the Viridian but no true grocery store in the sense that it can/does have everything. Apparently one location being scouted is the proposed 9-story apartment building Bristol is planning on Demonbreun near the Roundabout.

Publix was hoping to open a location on Gallatin Road in East Nashville near Douglas Avenue but plans were shotdown by Metro or something along those lines.
Great news!! Is the Publix at the end of West End Avenue closer to downtown than the Trader Joes and Whole Foods in Green Hills?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Great news!! Is the Publix at the end of West End Avenue closer to downtown than the Trader Joes and Whole Foods in Green Hills?
realtively, yes, the difference point-to-point speaking isn't that much different but I consider TJ's and Whole Foods to cater to a different clientele than a normal store such as Publix. Like I said, a store such as this is really needed in the downtown/midtown area and I know peopl from East Nashville are willing to make the trip across the river to go to Publix instead of Kroger, I would as well.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 2:46 AM

SoBro skyscraper now two-thirds full

"The Pinnacle at Symphony Place is now two-thirds leased, a key milestone for the Class A office tower as it approaches two years of operation in February 2012.

Dick Fleming, a principal and broker with Cushman & Wakefield/Cornerstone Commercial Real Estate Services, which oversees space in the 29-story skyscraper, said the building is 65 percent leased."

And of note:
“We anticipate several significant announcements within the next month.”

http://pinnaclesymphonyplace.com/news/?p=64

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:10 PM

and now we've got confirmation of Publix in talks.

Publix Super Markets Inc. is considering bringing an urban-style grocery store to Music Row, sources say.

The Florida-based grocer is in talks with Bristol Development Group and PGM Properties to have a 28,000-square-foot store anchor a planned 240-unit apartment high-rise at 1515 Demonbreun St., according to multiple sources familiar with the proposal. Currently, the site is a parking lot for a retail strip of shops, bars and restaurants, including Tin Roof, across the street.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-store-in.html

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:23 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
and now we've got confirmation of Publix in talks.

Publix Super Markets Inc. is considering bringing an urban-style grocery store to Music Row, sources say.

The Florida-based grocer is in talks with Bristol Development Group and PGM Properties to have a 28,000-square-foot store anchor a planned 240-unit apartment high-rise at 1515 Demonbreun St., according to multiple sources familiar with the proposal. Currently, the site is a parking lot for a retail strip of shops, bars and restaurants, including Tin Roof, across the street.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-store-in.html
Is this a completely new proposal (the tower part) or is this a remnant of Roundabout Plaza? I'm ignorant of this...might not even be the same developers. Fill me in guys.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Is this a completely new proposal (the tower part) or is this a remnant of Roundabout Plaza? I'm ignorant of this...might not even be the same developers. Fill me in guys.
no, it'd be on the parking lot across from Red Rooster and the Tin Roof on Demonbreun.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:40 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I gotcha. I just looked up the address and see that's across the street from the Rhythm.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 8:25 PM
Future God

I'm very excited about that development. I mean, I was before, but now that it may also have Nashville's first TRUE urban grocery store, I'm elated.

I haven't been down that way in a couple years. Can anyone tell me if that old Shoney's Inn that was right next door to this property's location is still there? I always hated that place, because to me it felt like a relic from a time when many outside developers just saw downtown Nashville as a sort of urban Branson.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 11:02 PM

Hey, I used to love that Shoney's!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 3:53 AM

The more reading and viewing sites and such, the more I think 2012 will be the polar oppsite of a "doomsday" year for Nashville. 2012 has the chance to change the city's urban fabric like no other year has since who knows when. The skyline evolve over a few years but by 2015, if all projects currently proposed just in the past few months are built, we could have a drastically different skyline. Exciting times lay ahead for sure and we could become the next high-rise boomtown.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 6:33 PM
Nashville born and raised

I don't see any super talls in our near future, but I think Nashville will become the city of the 15 to 20 story highrise over the next couple of years. With maybe a couple of dozen built.

That would change the feel and look of the city from the street level.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 2:08 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
I don't see any super talls in our near future, but I think Nashville will become the city of the 15 to 20 story highrise over the next couple of years. With maybe a couple of dozen built.

That would change the feel and look of the city from the street level.
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm far more concerned with street level than I am the skyline. Skyscrapers and skylines are things I like to look at and talk about, but when it comes down to what really makes a healthy city and directly impacts the lives of the people who use the city, the street wall is far more important.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations